Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA (11159 Views)

Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / NDLEA Arrests 'notorious Drug Baron' With Cocaine At Lagos Airport / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by 740megawatts: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2012
Two suspects, Ugochukwu Nwafor and Chidozie Okonkwo were recently arrested by law enforcement agents at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos for attempting to smuggle 2.880 kg of a substance believed to be cocaine out of the country.

During the outward screening of the passengers on a British Airways flight to London, Nwafor and Okonkwo were found to have ingested 175 wraps of the hard drug.  

Confirming the arrest, the commander of the National Drug Law Emnforcement Agency at the MMI airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said the suspects were caught after a positive signal was triggered by the scanning machines.

“The suspects tested positive to drug ingestion and were placed under observation. Nwafor ingested 73 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.395kg while Okonkwo ingested 102 wraps weighing 1.485kg. They were detected on the same flight,” Hamza said.

A dealer in phones at the Computer Village, in Ikeja, Nwafor,37, resides at Igando while Okonkwo  lives in East London. Having confessed their involvement, both of them are said to be cooperating with narcotic investigators.

“I used to be a successful businessman until I made a wrong investment three years ago in which I lost over N3.5m in China. As a result of the loss, I became indebted and was lured into drug trafficking by a friend,” Nwafor told CRIME DIGEST.

Okonkwo claimed to have obtained a Master’s degree in Innovative Management from the British Institute of Technology and E-Commerce in London. He said, “I was only trying to make ends meet. I live in East London where I had my post-graduate studies but joblessness turned me into another man. It was a tough decision for me to smuggle drugs but I really needed the £5000 I was offered. I feel bad that things have turned this way for me. It is like a dream"

For more information read http://www.punchng.com/feature/crime-digest/london-bound-suspects-caught-with-175-wraps-of-cocaine/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by pressongodsay(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2012
you guys did not settle the right persons. The last time i went, it was easy as sleeping on ur bed.

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by fkaz(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2012
Nawa o joblessness in 9ja joblessness in uk again
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by dilbert100: 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2012
how unusual undecided

2 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by lacasa: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Say NO to Tribalism and Ethnicity on Public Forums grin

Cos, the IGBOS have taken this headline again should not be made an Issue pls grin

8 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
My fiance dey london dey work. All na wash. Gils mek una begin folow leave in nigeria husbands o
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Olastep1(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Haaaaa. Up Naija! We no dey carry last
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by princeonx: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
2012 Xmas big-boys shakara don backfire!

3 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Skywalker5(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Na wa ooo. Another guy again...Glad he was caught in Nigeria though. I don tire to dey hear all this fraud and cocaine boys story for UK
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by 360command: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Y r we(some) celebrating d fact dat dey attempted in smuggling cokes to the UK as if its good?
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Leadn(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2012
pressongodsay: you guys did not settle the right persons. The last time i went, it was easy as sleeping on ur bed.

shocked
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
IT IS LIKE A DREAM LOL <<< WHEN HE WAS SWALLOWING BOLUS UPON BOLUS OF COKE IT WASNT A DREAM THEN grin grin FUNNY GUY

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sorry guy,ur condition wasn't the worst,but u took a wrong decision
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by SisiKill1: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
After reading this Thread, I now pause when it comes to condemning these people. I am not condoning what they did but I won't totally blame them. I am certain given a better choice these guys won't taken these risks. . .I mean it is not like they don't know what will be done to them if caught but ask yourself this, won't things have to be really, really bad for someone to take on a task where the probability of being caught and jailed for life is high? Nigeria isn't a place where hard work leads to reversal of fortunes, if you don't know someone who knows someone. . .one just continues to rot in abject poverty.

Instead of the NDLEA feeling cool about catching drug smugglers, they should be asking themselves why there seems to be high rate of smugglers, why despite their publicizing every arrest, people still do it. At some point, they are gonna have to go back to the drawing board with other arms of the Govt to address the root of this problem.

12 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by ballabriggs: 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
A phone dealer at computer village.

Had he succeeded and made millions, he will come out and tell you all how he started his phone business with 200 naira but today he has returned over 1 billion on the same investment bla bla bla.

Say no to crime young people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by funkymedina: 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
hope its not the nairalander that was considering drug trafficking oo!! shocked Did he not say he was currently working with phone accesories or something shocked

2 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Get rich or die trying.

2 Likes

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by 360command: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: After reading this Thread, I now pause when it comes to condemning these people. I am not condoning what they did but I won't totally blame them. I am certain given a better choice these guys won't taken these risks. . .I mean it is not like they don't know what will be done to them if caught but ask yourself this, won't things have to be really, really bad for someone to take on a task where the probability of being caught is high? Nigeria isn't a place where hard work leads to reversal of fortunes, if you don't know someone who knows someone. . .one just continues to rot in abject poverty.

Instead of the NDLEA feeling cool about catching drug smugglers, they should be asking themselves why there seems to be high rate of smugglers, why despite their publicizing every arrest, people still do it. At some point, they are gonna have to go back to the drawing board with other arms of the Govt to address the root of this problem.
in dis life we are, there will be the good, the bad and the ugly. No matter how you go back to the board ,there will be people who will still carry drugs.

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by IleIfe2(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nigerians and our 'Hail-Mary' Mentality.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by alaoeri: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Before i even open the thread, i don't doubt about the perpetrators.

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
pressongodsay: you guys did not settle the right persons. The last time i went, it was easy as sleeping on ur bed.

Are you sure

Our politicians should be blamed for the plight of helpless Nigerians who have a heart to labour yet make nothing for a living because of harsh economic conditions.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by felifeli: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
Please read carefully . They were " attempting to smuggle 2.880 kg of a substance believed to be cocaine". The stuff might even be just cassava flour. If you read further you will see that they " were found to have ingested 175 wraps" which proves that these boys did love akpu a lot.
Having said that they definitely look Yoruba to me; especially that one in the middle.

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by chinnyonwu(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
ballabriggs: A phone dealer at computer village.

Had he succeeded and made millions, he will come out and tell you all how he started his phone business with 200 naira but today he has returned over 1 billion on the same investment bla bla bla.

Say no to crime young people.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nigerian government is useless. Imagine a state governor moving in a convoy of 20 vehicles and ordinary nigerians are suffering.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by deltaforce7(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
Indeed the love of money is the root of all evil! This nna brothers won't kill us. odikwa risky.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: After reading this Thread, I now pause when it comes to condemning these people. I am not condoning what they did but I won't totally blame them. I am certain given a better choice these guys won't taken these risks. . .I mean it is not like they don't know what will be done to them if caught but ask yourself this, won't things have to be really, really bad for someone to take on a task where the probability of being caught is high? Nigeria isn't a place where hard work leads to reversal of fortunes, if you don't know someone who knows someone. . .one just continues to rot in abject poverty.

I agree things are difficult in Nigeria. But if according to the NDLEA, the majority of Nigerians in Chinese jails for drug offences are from one state, does it mean there's more poverty in this particular state than others?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies Of Suspected Drug Overdose In India / Graphic Video - Punishment For Wearing Trousers In Sudan / Robbers Kill Oshin Aderigbigbe, NANS Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.