Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes (2329 Views)

Ukrainian Air Force Destroys Russian Landing Ship In Occupied Crimea(photos) / Russia Warns Britain: Sail Near Crimea Again And Your Sailors Will Get Hurt / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2022
Putin drives across Crimea bridge in a Mercedes

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-drives-across-crimea-bridge-mercedes-2022-12-05/

Putin drives across Crimea bridge in a Mercedes
By Guy Faulconbridge

[1/4] Russian President Vladimir Putin visits a bridge connecting the Russian mainland with the Crimean Peninsula across the Kerch Strait, December 5, 2022. Sputnik/Pool via REUTERS

Read more

MOSCOW, Dec 5 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin on Monday drove a Mercedes across the Crimean Bridge linking southern Russia to the annexed Crimean peninsula, less than two months since an explosion tore through one of the Kremlin chief's showcase infrastructure projects.

The 12-mile (19 km) road and rail bridge, which was personally opened by Putin in 2018, was bombed on Oct. 8 in an attack Russia said was carried out by Ukraine.

Advertisement ·

Putin, accompanied by Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin, was shown on state television behind the wheel of a Mercedes, asking questions about where the attack took place.

"We are driving on the right hand side," Putin said, as he drove across the bridge. "The left side of the bridge, as I understand it, is in working condition, but nevertheless it needs to be completed. It still suffered a little, we need to bring it to an ideal state."

Latest Updates
Europecategory
Emotions run high as Brussels bombing trial opens, article with image
Invalid Date
United Kingdomcategory
Labour's Starmer unveils plan to shift power to Britain's regions, article with image
Invalid Date
View 2 more stories
Putin also walked along parts of the bridge, Europe's largest, to inspect sections that are still visibly scorched.

Ukraine never claimed responsibility for the bombing of the bridge on the morning of Oct. 8, a day after Putin's 70th birthday. Russia's Federal Security Service said the attack was organised by Ukrainian military intelligence.

The explosion wrecked one section of the road bridge, temporarily halting traffic across the Kerch Strait. The blast also destroyed several fuel tankers on a train heading towards the annexed Crimean peninsula from neighbouring southern Russia.

Russia in 2014 annexed Crimea, which was transferred from Soviet Russia to Soviet Ukraine in 1954 by then Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev and recognised by Russia in 1994 after the collapse of the USSR.

Ukraine has vowed to return Crimea, which relies on the bridge for supplies.

Putin's ally Arkady Rotenberg's company built the vast structure, which is Europe's longest bridge. Putin has long lauded the project, boasting at one point that Russian Tsars and Soviet leaders had dreamed of building it but never did.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Moh247: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2022
Putin won't rest until he annexed all ethnic Russian territory

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Betscoreodds: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Crimea
Bridge which is Europe's longest bridge

God continue to bless putin God bless mother Russia

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2022
Beautiful bridge very great engineering work the bridge is outstanding.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Osariemen12: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2022
Long live Vladimir Osazuwa Odion Putin.

God bless Mother Russia.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2022
Osariemen12:
Long live Vladimir Osazuwa Odion Putin.

God bless Mother Russia.
amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by BentizilL: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
You mean the same Putin on sickbed visited Crimea shocked grin... In everything you'll be doing, pls free yourself from Western media. The likes of CNN, BBC and their likes are out there to destroy and turn you to a fool.. kiss

11 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2022
BentizilL:
You mean the same Putin on sickbed visited Crimea shocked grin... In everything you'll be doing, pls free yourself from Western media. The likes of CNN, BBC and their likes are out there to destroy and turn you to a fool.. kiss

exactly.

4 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by seunny4lif(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2022
They built this bridge, it got blew up then they fixed it within 2 months without outsiders yet Niger-Delta 2 bridge still under construction by JB since only God knew when angry angry angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by kollinzgee(m): 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2022
seunny4lif:
They built this bridge, it got blew up then they fixed it within 2 months without outsiders yet Niger-Delta 2 bridge still under construction by JB since only God knew when angry angry angry

White men are light year ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by akwesenana: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2022
Oh. Did he sh*t in the Benz?
grin

1 Like

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Dandal: 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
Putin = Balls of Steel grin

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2022
BentizilL:

This story is from Reuters which is WESTERN MEDIA. I thought you guys said that Western media is propaganda. I see right through you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by 1939nnn: 2:20am On Dec 06, 2022
Moh247:
Putin won't rest until he annexed all ethnic Russian territory
is that why you raped your nephew and mother

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:40am On Dec 06, 2022
akwesenana:
Oh. Did he sh*t in the Benz?
grin
Putin more healthy than Biden.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by BentizilL: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

This story is from Reuters which is WESTERN MEDIA. I thought you guys said that Western media is propaganda. I see right through you guys.
Avoid me, I'm not responsible for your frustration... kiss tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Mirasteel: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
seunny4lif:
What do you expect? politicians have looted the money meant for constructing the bridge. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by seunny4lif(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mirasteel:
What do you expect? politicians have looted the money meant for constructing the bridge. cheesy
I swear
Those leaders over there also loot but they loot in a way that it their citizens don't know or knew but don't care because things are working for them.
Good hospitals, good transportation etc, even if the real project costed like 1B dollars but they will tell them it around 5B but as long is the projects are delivery then the citizens don't care compare to Africans leaders that will high the projects price and yet will not delivery them
Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by SlyfoxxDaBoss: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m depressed about how much you hate me

Every body makes mistakes but why punish me this much? I’m not even worthy of a response, right?

You surely are not a Christian girl. That I know for sure.
Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Emoc: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sleepy Joe - "We will cripple the Russian economy, the ruble will be completely destroyed..."

SCAMerican lawyer, how market?

1stGenAmerican:

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Emoc: 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Western media is called fake news cos of the TERRIBLE & EVIL lies they use in deceiving peeps like you.

Examples include:
"Saddam has weapons of mass destruction"
"(Dead) ukraine is winning the war"
"Assad is gassing children"
"Russia has run out of weapons"
ETC
The lies are plenty...

1stGenAmerican:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Emoc: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
E pain am die

Ukraine remains ruined tongue

1939nnn:
is that why you raped your nephew and mother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mirasteel:
Africa needs to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Karnice600: 8:45am On Dec 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

They are bunch of idiots.
I come up here to read and laugh out loud most times.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Betscoreodds: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2022
Karnice600:

They are bunch of idiots.
I come up here to read and laugh out loud most times.
A News
The U.S. national debt had surpassed 31.4 trillion U.S. dollars as of Wednesday, exceeding the debt limit.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

devil spoke lie and truth to Adam and eve he mixed it up to fool them.

That what west do if you don't mix it up then every one will detect the lie and abandon you.

1 Like

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by saxywale2: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
Even Putin can't do without a Western product.

I was expecting he would be driven on the bridge on a Russian brand vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
saxywale2:
Even Putin can't do without a Western product.

I was expecting he would be driven on the bridge on a Russian brand vehicle.
the Mercedes was built in Russia.
Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by opamoses1: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
the Mercedes was built in Russia.
It's still a western product just like Apple computers and iPhones are American products.

What country owns the Mercedes brand?
Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
opamoses1:

It's still a western product just like Apple computers and iPhones are American products.

What country owns the Mercedes brand?
it not a USA product.... It is a German product lol and built with raw materials they bought from Russia

Russia has all the raw materials you need to build anything you want.
Re: Putin Drives Across Crimea Bridge In A Mercedes by opamoses1: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
it not a USA product.... It is a German product lol and built with raw materials they bought from Russia

Russia has all the raw materials you need to build anything you want.
Good. You finally got it right. It is a German product (West).

Mercedes-Benz is German (West) just as Apple is American (West).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel: No Hamas Rockets Were Fired During The Ceasefire / Victory For The Free World As Trump Stops Countries That Hate America(Photos) / Famous Black Prince Of Russia & Arab Spring Of 1917 That Destroyed Romanov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.