Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Factchecking: Video Of Man Dumping Bride On Way Back From Church Wedding Is FAKE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Factchecking: Video Of Man Dumping Bride On Way Back From Church Wedding Is FAKE (321 Views)

Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Brothers Visit Akara Seller Who Gave Them Free Snacks Everyday On Way To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Factchecking: Video Of Man Dumping Bride On Way Back From Church Wedding Is FAKE by Tokotaya: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
Fact-checking: Trending video of Nigerian man who dumped his wife while returning from church wedding is fake

A video portraying a Nigerian man purportedly dumping his wife while on their way back from church after their wedding was staged.

The video shows a woman in a wedding gown crying on the ground, while some men are seen talking to the supposed groom.

However, Microsecondnews’ checks revealed that the video was originally uploaded on Tiktok on Sunday with information that the incident happened on Saturday.

No details were provided about the church or the location of the incident.

A probe of the profile of the original poster (OP) on Tiktok revealed that he was the same person as the best man of the ‘groom’ in the video. He was wearing a blue suit in the clip.

However, listening to the voice in the clip, the impression was given that the video was recorded by a bystander who chanced upon the situation and recorded it.

The query then is how did the best man, who can be seen arguing with the groom in the clip film the scene at the same time?

It’s improbable for a best man of the celebrant to be the first to broadcast this embarrassing incident if indeed it was true.

In the comment section, the OP admitted he was indeed the best man, but when asked for an update, he had none to give, claiming he still did not understand what happened.

That raised another question about how probable it would be for a so-called best man not to have an update about such an embarrassing situation regarding his friend to whom he was the best man after more than 24 hours of the incident.

Also, a link on his profile leads back to his Instagram profile, where it appeared all fell into place.

On his IG page, he introduced himself as an actor and content creator, providing a strong fillip to the thinking that it was all a skit for clout.

See the scripted video here
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/12/05/fact-finding-trending-video-of-nigerian-man-who-dumped-his-wife-while-returning-from-church-wedding-is-fake-video/

(1) (Reply)

2 Children Die In Fire Outbreak, 4 Others Escape In Akwa Ibom / Loving A Last Born / Female Roommate Needed In Akoka, Yaba Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.