Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo (17608 Views)

Wike, Others Take Anti-Atiku Battle To Bala Mohammed / APC Already Showing Its Deceit And Inconsistency / Buhari Self-isolates After Showing Signs Of COVID-19 Despite Testing Negative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Otunbakayce: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2022
membranus:

In case you don't know, Dubai is an emirate kingdom with a vast oil resources of itself which are well managed. While Lagos State is just a state collecting monthly allocation from an highly incompetent and corruption ridden Nigerian government.

So comparing the two is inappropriate.

And as for Tinubu, before his governance, Lagos was a sprawling metropolis, unplanned and dirty. He started the order, the city wide landscaping and the exceptional infrastructural developmental strides that are now beautifying the state.

So kudos to him, and to the other governors he mentored to rule the state.
Shut up please! Tinubu didn't do shit. It was fashola that initiated and embarked upon a state wide urban roads dualization and landscaping. From Ojota- Maryland-oshodi-surulere-IG an do-badagry-lekki-Epe it was all fashola doing.
It was fashola that cleaned up Lagos.
You fools should quit lying because most of us online ate indigenes and were also born and breed in Lagos.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Otunbakayce: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

Do you guys get it, Lagos development started before Dubai, so what happened?
They are too dull and dumb to know that Lagos was already a metropolis before their parents brought them to Lagos from Kwara State.
Awon omo ale!
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by MarketDispatch: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2022
Majesty2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/2023-atiku-battle-weary-already-showing-signs-of-frustration-says-tinubu/

In a Lawful society, the Minister of State, Labour and Employment would have been sanctioned for abandoning his primary job and assignment .. INEC needs to update their rules and regulations...you cannot be a minister and abandon ministerial job to be doing political party work whilst the populace suffer [b]
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:
All these Tinubu built Lagos people, going by what federal government did in Lagos before since it was the capital of Nigeria, Lagos is supposed to be as fine or finer than dubai, so all the Tinubu built Lagos people here are pictures as evidence from 1960 and 1970 compared to Dubai around the same period, at that time Tinubu was still known Yekini Amoda Ogunlere.

Please compare the pictures of Lagos in 1960/70 to Dubai as desert in 1960 and 2021 - Tinubu did not build Lagos, Lagos built Tinubu

Can you compare the UAE's oil revenue with Lagos state allocation and igr at that time?

Go and verify.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by 802oluwaseyi: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2022
Atiku can win if not Obi... Anything aside the log of woodAtiku can win if not Obi... Anything aside the log of wood...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 10:48am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

Can you compare the UAE's oil revenue with Lagos state allocation and igr at that time?

Go and verify.

we are not talking of UAE, we are talking of Dubai a city like Lagos city, we are not comparing a country's IGR with a state...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

we are not talking of UAE, we are talking of Dubai a city like Lagos city, we are not comparing a country's IGR with a state...

Don't be ignorant. Dubai is a City State, and the major state in the UAE.

Now, lets do it your way. Go and check Dubai's oil revenue and compare with Lagos state allocation and igr at that time.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

Don't be ignorant. Dubai is a City State, and the major state in the UAE.

Now, lets do it your way. Go and check Dubai's oil revenue and compare with Lagos state allocation and igr at that time.

Don't forget that Lagos was also FCT for 77 years and that meant development was centered to it as seat of power, that was the glory of Nigeria's development till about 1989, that is why I said what I said, even cities in Japan that had war at a nuclear scale destroyed are today finer than Lagos even when Lagos was already developing, the question is why is the development slower than others, even some other African countries are doing better in terms of development compared to when they started and Lagos also started, this is not about IGR, some of them have lesser IGR, Lagos is supposed to be the glory of Nigeria's development like Dubai is to UAE, if Lagos is as developed as what Politicians are claiming, they and their children will not be traveling out for vacations, medicals, schools and so on or even to live there like Aisha Buhari.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 11:17am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

Don't forget that Lagos was also FCT for 77 years and that meant development was centered to it as seat of power, that was the glory of Nigeria's development till about 1989, that is why I said what I said, even cities in Japan that had war at a nuclear scale destroyed are today finer than Lagos even when Lagos was already developing, the question is why is the development slower than others, even some other African countries are doing better in terms of development compared to when they started and Lagos also started, this is not about IGR, some of them have lesser IGR, Lagos is supposed to be the glory of Nigeria's development like Dubai is to UAE, if Lagos is as developed as what Politicians are claiming, they and their children will not be traveling out for vacations, medicals, schools and so on or even to live there like Aisha Buhari.

Again you want to compare Lagos with Japan, another nation.

This is a simple thing. From the date the federal government left lagos till today, compare and contrast the rate of development with any other city you like, in view of the available resources.

Did Lagos under Tinubu have the resources of Japan or Dubai?
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

Again you want to compare Lagos with Japan, another nation.

This is a simple thing. From the date the federal government left lagos till today, compare and contrast the rate of development with any other city you like, in view of the available resources.

Did Lagos under Tinubu have the resources of Japan or Dubai?

That is my major point, the development is slow because some people are stealing recklessly from the vault of Lagos...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

That is my major point, the development is slow because some people are stealing recklessly from the vault of Lagos...

So, how much was stolen from the vault of Lagos?
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 11:24am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

So, how much was stolen from the vault of Lagos?

Tinubu's worth is how much was stolen...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

Tinubu's worth is how much was stolen...

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

And if you dont know the exact figure that was allegedly stolen, what is the basis of comparison with other places?
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

And if you dont know the exact figure that was allegedly stolen, what is the basis of comparison with other places?

Tinubu said he is richer than Osun state, how did he achieve that, which business did have before becoming governor of Lagos, please name one with verifiable evidence...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Uchesis: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2022
membranus:

Did any of your own state governors make pipe borne water available for everyone in your state capital?

If not, then shame suppose catch your state governors and you too.
You no get sense. is lagos not claiming to be a so called mega city? which mega city in the world doesn't have pipe borne water?
Abeg shift.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

Tinubu said he is richer than Osun state, how did he achieve that, which business did have before becoming governor of Lagos, please name one with verifiable evidence...

I've not made any claims about Tinubu's wealth so what is my business proving or disproving his businesses? I have no idea whatsoever.

What we are talking about is your claim that Lagos should be like Dubai. And you have failed to show that Lagos has had the same resources as Dubai, and are now attempting to found your claims on allegations you cannot prove.

That's not how it works.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

I've not made any claims about Tinubu's wealth so what is my business proving or disproving his businesses? I have no idea whatsoever.

What we are talking about is your claim that Lagos should be like Dubai. And you have failed to show that Lagos has had the same resources as Dubai, and are now attempting to found your claims on allegations you cannot prove.

That's not how it works.

And I'm telling you that Lagos is developing slowly because someone is stealing the funds meant for development, in Tinubu's words he is richer than Osun state, how? Lagos money meant for development...

Tinubu wants to become president using the Lagos development as his credit and I am here to prove him all wrong using Dubai to show that he is wrong...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

And I'm telling you that Lagos is developing slowly because someone is stealing the funds meant for development, in Tinubu's words he is richer than Osun state, how? Lagos money meant for development...

Tinubu wants to become president using the Lagos development as his credit and I am here to prove him all wrong using Dubai to show that he is wrong...

Okay, so how much is the money he is taking from Lagos?
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by SmartyPants(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/05/28/tinubu-takes-n9billion-lagos-internally-generated-revenue-account-monthly-says-bode

Okay, so Tinubu takes 9 billion naira monthly according to you and Bode George. That gives us roughly 100 billion naira annually which is around $200 million annually.

Is it $200 million that will turn lagos into Dubai?? Can you see why you can't be taken seriously?

Dubai annual budget: $63.6 billion.

So where is the basis for comparison between Lagos and Dubai??
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by membranus: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2022
Uchesis:

You no get sense. is lagos not claiming to be a so called mega city? which mega city in the world doesn't have pipe borne water?
Abeg shift.

Do you have to insult people before you say your mind? Go and learn manners, it gets you far.

As for mega cities with no citywide pipe borne water, we have many in Africa and in other poor countries across the world (of which Nigeria is one). Check your Google to verify that, as I am not your teacher to do that for you.

And besides, your self adopted arch-enemy, Tinubu, was not the only governor to have ruled Lagos State. And since many governors before and after him could not provide this facility, that means there was no enough financial muscle for the state to implement this need.

Furthermore, which city in Nigeria, including Abuja, the country' capital city, have pipe borne? When it is not available anywhere, why are you expecting that miracle to happen in Lagos State during Tinubu's tenure, when he is not a miracle manufacturer. So drink your well water in peace, and leave pipe borne alone, expect it only after Rapture.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

Okay, so Tinubu takes 9 billion naira monthly according to you and Bode George. That gives us roughly 100 billion naira annually which is around $200 million annually.

Is it $200 million that will turn lagos into Dubai?? Can you see why you can't be taken seriously?

Dubai annual budget: $63.6 billion.

So where is the basis for comparison between Lagos and Dubai??

Rest.

And you think it is only Tinubu that will be stealing, he has his cronies inside and outside of Lagos government that he allows to steal too so they remain loyal to him, about the budget, you think if Lagos was investing all the money stolen by Tinubu since Tinubu started stealing it that the investments would not be around the same or close to that of Dubai by now to also make the budget close to or the same with that of Dubai.

That is still part of my annoyance with Lagos development, we are talking of constant stealing of over 20 years and you think such an amount of money if properly utilized would not also increase the budget, imagine giving a company 200 million dollars every year as additional funds to whatever they making as profit yearly in a span of about 22 years...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Bigleaf1006: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Brendaniel:

First and foremost, that picture is Lagos Nigeria, it was picked from the picture archives of Lagos, I have others and can get you so many others even in black and white, so please verify and counter your claims with evidence

The question is why is Lagos far back behind in development even when it started development before Dubai and it was the concentration of the FG for development for over 70 years, yet look at where a dry desert is today and where a bubbling island is today, it is a shame to Nigeria as a whole, not just Lagos, Lagos was supposed to be glory of Nigeria in terms of development just like Dubai is to UAE, but you can't even compare it with some other African countries in terms of development even when Lagos started development far beyond the time of those African countries , it is a shame to Nigeria and for Tinubu to start using it to brag, it is a bigger shame because he is the worst governor to ever govern Lagos and he is claiming other people's glory for a development that they are supposed to be ashamed of if they are to compare with other countries that Lagos started developing before them.

To me I see it as local champions competition using it to deceive those that want to be deceived, because if Lagos is as developed as what they are claiming, they and their children will not be traveling out for vacations, medicals, schools and so on or even to live there like Aisha Buhari.

It is a big shame.

That second picture sir,isn't nigeria not to talk of Lagos, I can name the buildings in the second picture.

You obviously don't stay in Lagos and if at all not long enough.....we all know how Lagos was pre Tinubu and how Lagos is now.

Lagos had a humongous reputation for chaos but since Tinubu came the trend and been arrested and things had looked upward ever since, though we aren't where we all dream to be but its a great departure from the lacuna we had all known.

If Tinubu could do this despite the overbearing influence of the federal govt which at the time was anathema to everything progressive initiative in Lagos at the time.....now Tinubu seeks to have that power to redress the defective social political cum economic system we operate and he being a victim in the past, we believe he can develop this country.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Brendaniel: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

That second picture sir,isn't nigeria not to talk of Lagos, I can name the buildings in the second picture.

You obviously don't stay in Lagos and if at all not long enough.....we all know how Lagos was pre Tinubu and how Lagos is now.

Lagos had a humongous reputation for chaos but since Tinubu came the trend and been arrested and things had looked upward ever since, though we aren't where we all dream to be but its a great departure from the lacuna we had all known.

If Tinubu could do this despite the overbearing influence of the federal govt which at the time was anathema to everything progressive initiative in Lagos at the time.....now Tinubu seeks to have that power to redress the defective social political cum economic system we operate and he being a victim in the past, we believe he can develop this country.

With your write-up, I don't want to argue further, too many false info without evidence...
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Uchesis: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2022
membranus:

Do you have to insult people before you say your mind? Go and learn manners, it gets you far.

As for mega cities with no citywide pipe borne water, we have many in Africa and in other poor countries across the world (of which Nigeria is one). Check your Google to verify that, as I am not your teacher to do that for you.

And besides, your self adopted arch-enemy, Tinubu, was not the only governor to have ruled Lagos State. And since many governors before and after him could not provide this facility, that means there was no enough financial muscle for the state to implement this need.

Furthermore, which city in Nigeria, including Abuja, the country' capital city, have pipe borne? When it is not available anywhere, why are you expecting that miracle to happen in Lagos State during Tinubu's tenure, when he is not a miracle manufacturer. So drink your well water in peace, and leave pipe borne alone, expect it only after Rapture.
i was born here in lagos in the 80s. there was pipe borne water flowing from the taps in my compound and in our toilets. even the showers dey rush. so you are lying oga ade
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by goslowgoslow(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Even with all the brooms in APC, Lagos remains one of the dirtiest cities in the world.
Aba, Abia State is the dirtiest city on planet.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by goslowgoslow(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2022
Brendaniel:

Counter my claim with facts and not insults
Where is the insult?You people will leave your state to insult other states whereas na una state worst pass.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by BeardedMeat(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Aba, Abia State is the dirtiest city on planet.
So you heard!

Have you been to Aba before? Lol
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by BeardedMeat(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2022
Uchesis:

i was born here in lagos in the 80s. there was pipe borne water flowing from the taps in my compound and in our toilets. even the showers dey rush. so you are lying oga ade
You are right. Places like surulere and Yaba had some pipe borne water until Tinubu came along.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by Uchesis: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2022
BeardedMeat:
You are right. Places like surulere and Yaba had some pipe borne water until Tinubu came along.
I'm even talking about ajegunle. Imagine there was pipe borne water in ajegunle in the late 80s. Today even a place like lekki can not boast of pipe borne water.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by goslowgoslow(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
BeardedMeat:
So you heard!

Have you been to Aba before? Lol
Do you know me? You think I am one of those people claiming what they don't know on internet? Have you been to Lagos before? Mr I have lived 26 years of my life between east and south south.
We can connect then you will know me better.
Re: 2023: Atiku Battle Weary, Already Showing Signs Of Frustration - Keyamo by goslowgoslow(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Uchesis:

I'm even talking about ajegunle. Imagine there was pipe borne water in ajegunle in the late 80s. Today even a place like lekki can not boast of pipe borne water.
What is annoying me about people like you is that your states are worst than Lagos State. Tell me your state or city and tell me anywhere that has pipe borne water over there.
What tribalisim has done to most of you is sickening! All over Nigeria how many places has pipe borne water? Most people rely on boreholes.
Over the years all over Nigeria politicians have failed the people but people like you will make it a tribal or regional thing. The sad thing is that you are probably still living in Lagos, you will not go back to your state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Electoral Tribunal Judgement: APC Supporters Dance In Court (Video) / Opposition Behind Naira Frustration In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed / No Warning Before Next Strike, Labour Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.