Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University (996 Views)

In Need Of Personal Statement For Masters Admission Abroad / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Canada Counters Dele Momodu's Statement That They Need Nigerian Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by Ozchidiebere(m): 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please I submitted my personal statement for Coventry university and the University responded that what I submitted is not acceptable without giving me the actual reason why it was not accepted.
I'm confused. Please guys help me out.
What could be the issue
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by MufasaLion: 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2022
You most probably didn't address the important things required in it.
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by TWoods(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2022
Post it here. No one can advice you without seeing it.
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by Ozchidiebere(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
Ozchidiebere:
Please I submitted my personal statement for Coventry university and the University responded that what I submitted is not acceptable without giving me the actual reason why it was not accepted.
I'm confused. Please guys help me out.
What could be the issue

Below is the personal statement.

Coventry University
Priory Street
Coventry CV1 5FB
Telephone +44(0)2476152152
Fax +44(0)2476152175
www. Coventry.ac.uk/international

PERSONAL STATEMENT
As graduate degrees have become more significant in today’s employment market, finding strategies to stand out and offer a competitive advantage has become increasingly imperative. This is why I have opted to leave my home country and pursue a graduate degree in your reputable institution: Coventry University, where I will be exposed to a world-class educational system and gain experiences while engaging with various students from across the world in a western environment. This exposure will offer me a significant advantage in my profession.
My wish to further my knowledge in the discipline of Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security in your reputable university is primarily, borne out of my found love for people behavioural management and security in homes, work places, public places and most especially among international organizations and communities as well. My love and immense passion for the course:- Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security particularly rose to great heights during the period I did my Industrial Training exercise in Nigeria Police Force, Rivers state Police Headquarters Port Harcourt. I gained a wide range of experience in the application of ideas, concepts, theories, models and crime deterrent mechanisms to address everyday security problems or situations in workplaces, in homes, in international security relations and cooperation and in global security at large. This was where I found the desire to study Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security further especially in a first rate university and in an European land where I will have the privilege to meet other international students and researchers, in order to gain further required exposure in the field.
I am very drawn to a career that involves working with other people.
I chose to study Intelligence and Security Study in my first degree as the attraction of these subjects lies in it’s ability to make me see life more objectively and critically. Intelligence and Security Study helps me understand the behavior of people. Studying Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security at higher level will provide me with much deeper insight into complex global security issues and the ability to develop and solutions using my own initiative.
After completing my studies, I plan to return to my home country, as this will make me a sought after security personnel and hence very employable in the field in Nigeria and continent of Africa at large. Since security personnel with an international graduate degrees are in high demand, I believe that the proposed program will assist me in gaining attractive career chances in reputable organizations. I am confident that the program will prepare me in completing my long-term career goals.
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by Ozchidiebere(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
TWoods:
Post is here. No one can advice you without seeing it.

Coventry University
Priory Street
Coventry CV1 5FB
Telephone +44(0)2476152152
Fax +44(0)2476152175
www. Coventry.ac.uk/international

PERSONAL STATEMENT
As graduate degrees have become more significant in today’s employment market, finding strategies to stand out and offer a competitive advantage has become increasingly imperative. This is why I have opted to leave my home country and pursue a graduate degree in your reputable institution: Coventry University, where I will be exposed to a world-class educational system and gain experiences while engaging with various students from across the world in a western environment. This exposure will offer me a significant advantage in my profession.
My wish to further my knowledge in the discipline of Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security in your reputable university is primarily, borne out of my found love for people behavioural management and security in homes, work places, public places and most especially among international organizations and communities as well. My love and immense passion for the course:- Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security particularly rose to great heights during the period I did my Industrial Training exercise in Nigeria Police Force, Rivers state Police Headquarters Port Harcourt. I gained a wide range of experience in the application of ideas, concepts, theories, models and crime deterrent mechanisms to address everyday security problems or situations in workplaces, in homes, in international security relations and cooperation and in global security at large. This was where I found the desire to study Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security further especially in a first rate university and in an European land where I will have the privilege to meet other international students and researchers, in order to gain further required exposure in the field.
I am very drawn to a career that involves working with other people.
I chose to study Intelligence and Security Study in my first degree as the attraction of these subjects lies in it’s ability to make me see life more objectively and critically. Intelligence and Security Study helps me understand the behavior of people. Studying Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security at higher level will provide me with much deeper insight into complex global security issues and the ability to develop and solutions using my own initiative.
After completing my studies, I plan to return to my home country, as this will make me a sought after security personnel and hence very employable in the field in Nigeria and continent of Africa at large. Since security personnel with an international graduate degrees are in high demand, I believe that the proposed program will assist me in gaining attractive career chances in reputable organizations. I am confident that the program will prepare me in completing my long-term career goals.
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by TWoods(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2022
Yeah, that personal statement is poor. You say zero about the program, what particular disciplines interest you and why. Nothing about your background and how this prepares you for your course. Rather seems that this us just an opportunity for you to get out of your country.
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by damosade(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
Your back ground, what have you exposed to in your bachelor .
Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by vibrant99(m): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
No be everything be wahala , the school had a filled space and won’t be having you , sometimes read in between lines , I know many people who submitted nonsense and got admitted .

Space don finish !!!

1 Like

Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by ednut1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2022
angry you were beating around the bush.

Re: Personal Statement Not Accepted For Coventry University by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2022
vibrant99:
No be everything be wahala , the school had a filled space and won’t be having you , sometimes read in between lines , I know many people who submitted nonsense and got admitted .

Space don finish !!!

They will be having me

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Is It To Travel By Road From Lagos To Kebbi? / South African Study Permit Questions: Submitting Next Week / Which Is Stronger American Passport Or Canadian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.