Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Do 85% Of Students Engage In Activities Outside Of Their Field Of Study? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do 85% Of Students Engage In Activities Outside Of Their Field Of Study? (240 Views)

Union Diagnostics Is Hiring Graduates From Any Field Of Study / Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do 85% Of Students Engage In Activities Outside Of Their Field Of Study? by Oyindamolah: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
If more people asked this question, I believe their lives would alter significantly.

Why do 85% of 100% of students engage in activities outside of their field of study after school?

Is it possible that they didn't know what they wanted before starting?

The majority of us were told a lie, and regrettably, this current generation is still being given that deception.

Is that IF YOU GRADUATE WITH A FIRST CLASS HONOURS..complete the sentence

I know it ends with a promise of bliss, instant jobs, opportunities, name it. But in reality?

The last time I checked, the Nigerian eduation system produces 600k graduates yearly. What that means for the current level 1 student in the university is, by the time you graduate

you’ll be joining a population of over 2million+ job seekers. How many institutions are there in the nation to accommodate that number EVERY YEAR?

This indicates that a large number of graduates will be unemployed or underemployed. Since the government is aware of this, during your required NYSC year. You must sign for the department of skill acquisition and entrepreneurship (SAED)

The type of skills taught in the program is its worst feature. Web design, food processing, cosmetology, tie-dye, bag making, tailoring, and bag making.

What does it serve a graduate's purpose to learn tie-dye, bead-making, and tailoring?

And it’s not as if it’s the in-depth one, it’s the SAME undergraduates and illiterates are doing well. How about AI, Machine learning, masters program abroad, tech related stuff & digital marketing, that we ACTUALLY need ?!

It was in my 3rd year in the university I started looking for options until I found digital marketing in 2021.

This is what led me to learning affiliate marketing today. You know what made me take affiliate marketing seriously this year?

Let me tell you..

I was hoping to get a job that I can juggle alongside school to sort my needs

My first job as an undergraduate paid me just N8k/month. I was doing my best to fit in and get comfortable with the amount and the stress that comes alongside. Until I met an UNDERGRAD earning at least $1,000 monthly as an Online tutor and I was like, is this play?�

So I thought to myself, “why am I hustling for an 8k/month job that even if I do not take a dime from, I wouldn't still be able to save 100,000 ($225) for a whole year when I can learn a skill that can pay me that much online?

This was the boost I needed to start taking online businesses seriously(I didn’t think it was possible to earn that much online LEGITIMATELY)

I’m not saying you should ditch school

I’m only saying don’t be late.. START NOW

This is not about affiliate marketing, everyone can’t be successful affiliates, everyone can’t be in tech.

If it's laundry service or shoe making you want do after graduation or if it's tech, forex, or affiliate marketing, start early so before you graduate you must have learnt from experiences and gotten used to every strategy

(1) (Reply)

Dear God / Driver Needed In Egbeda Lagos / How To Discover A Fake Recruitment Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.