Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram (5025 Views)

Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Soldiers Kill Zakzaky’s Wife, Son, Destroy Shiites’ Headquarters, / PHOTOS: Chadian Military Captures Suspected Members Of Boko Haram , Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 6:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Soldiers Kill 3 Boko Haram!

Three suspected members of the Boko Haram group that raided a police station in Adamawa state killing seven policemen on duty last week have been killed by soldiers from the 23 Brigade of the Nigerian army in Yola. The suspected Boko Haram members also raided some banks in the state and carted away an undisclosed amount of money running into millions of Naira killing a total of 8 civillians in the process,

Among those killed by the soldiers, is said to be a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) who decided to abandon his one year primary assignment in the state to join the Boko Haram sect. Military authorities are said to be making contact with the NYSC headquarters to ascertain the identity of the corps member.

Daily Sun gathered that, other members of the escaped with various degree of injuries
Items recovered from the Boko haram members, include sub machine guns, AK47 rifles, belts of ammunitions, Motorola communication equipment, motorcycle batteries, praying beads, charms and other deadly weapons.
Confirming the incident to Daily Sun, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General R.I.D. Isah, in an interview, said, virtually all the AK47 rifles recovered from the Boko Haram members, had the mark and colours of some security agencies in the country, but refused to mention the specific agency.

He said, the soldiers were able to track down the sect members in their attempt to rob a bank in the state.
JTF immediately dispatched a team of soldiers to the scene. When Boko Haram members sighted the soldiers, they opened fire and in the ensuing gun duel, two of the Boko Haram members died on the spot, while another died while escaping. Several others, escaped with bullet wounds leaving their weapons behind. Soldiers were combing the bush in the area to arrest more members of the group.

The bodies of the three members killed in the process are now in custody of the army, where some people who came to see if they could identify any of the deceased, confirmed that one of them was an NYSC member.
Army spokesman said, the army was doing everything possible to arrest other members of the gang, lamented that there was a lot of immigration and customs challenges along the North east borders of the country, thereby making it easy for illegal aliens to have unhindered access into the country.

Men suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect, had last week, raided Gombi town in Adamawa state, killing 15 people, including seven police men, one soldiers and eight civillians. In another development, Nigerian government has been called upon to immediately take a critical look at the menace of Boko Haram with a view to curbing it and bringing the perpetrators to book.

Fellowship of West Africa Evangelical Church ECWA pastors in Gwari, Plateau and Zaria areas (GWAPLAZA) in a communique issued at the weekend after its conference held in Gboko, Benue State enjoined the federal government to work hard to maintain peace in the country.

The communique which was jointly signed by the Fellowship Chairman, Rev. Charles Bala and Secretary, Rev. Likita Musa noted that, Boko Haram has caused  a lot of problems to the government and people of Nigeria as well as the church which has lost a lot of lives and assets to the madness of the sect.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/29/national-29-08-2011-022.html
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2011
Are they really BH?

[size=14pt]Among those killed by the soldiers, is said to be a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) who decided to abandon his one year primary assignment in the state to join the Boko Haram sect. Military authorities are said to be making contact with the NYSC headquarters to ascertain the identity of the corps member[/size].

The bodies of the three members killed in the process are now in custody of the army, where some people who came to see if they could identify any of the deceased, confirmed that one of them was an NYSC member
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by naijaking1: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2011
No surprises. Even if an N/L member is caught, no surprises.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Osama10(m): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2011
This Boko Boko people self, don't they just get tired?
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by deekseen(m): 8:52am On Aug 29, 2011
IMO they were not Boko Haram. This group has been very highly technical  in their operations. I don't think they will involve in 'petty' bank robbery when they have prominent sponsors within and outside the country. Besides, that doesn't fall in line with their 'struggle'.
I'm sure if a man who went to get cooking gas for his family is stopped at a checkpoint somewhere in Lagos, our 'darling' press will go with something like this: BOKO HARAM NOW IN LAGOS, man caught with EXPLOSIVES in his booth.

Our press need to do better and stop misleading the people.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by banmaster(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2011
Am pretty sure this highly men that were gunned down are not boko harams coz the boko haram are sponsored by unknown wealthy people so I don't see any hace of them going into a bank to rob,
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by KokoBeware: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2011
I taya for we ooooo, If d army di nt do nothng and d operation ws succesful evr1 will complain, Now dat dey mved in and killed som "bad peoples" wit guns and ammunition trying to rob a bank, we are still d first to swear dey are not BH, Wats so "highly technical" abt BH operation please,
Instead of giving kudos to the succesful army op, we are here vouchng for BH sophistication
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by mekaboy(m): 9:42am On Aug 29, 2011
what they simply want us to know is that the shot an nysc member, we don't know if it was a mistake but they have called him member of boko haram. When will the nigerian forces ever catch someone alive to confess? Nigerian army appears at the scene- robbers open fire? 3 gunned down- other drop their weapon , and run away with gun shot wounds- so an armed robber with gun shot wound can run faster than a soldier, Imagine how fast they r without wound. The guns had marks of security agencies they won't name. Their news is always shady.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by PointB: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2011
naijaking1:

No surprises. Even if an N/L member is caught, no surprises.

LOl,

Honestly I wont be surprised if Alj Boko Harem is caught. grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by rolchi(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Only 3 yet? By Jupiter, they should kill more!
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by naijaking1: 10:19am On Aug 29, 2011
KokoBeware:

I taya for we ooooo, If d army di nt do nothng and d operation ws succesful evr1 will complain, Now dat dey mved in and killed som "bad peoples" wit guns and ammunition trying to rob a bank, we are still d first to swear dey are not BH, Wats so "highly technical" abt BH operation please,
Instead of giving kudos to the succesful army op, we are here vouchng for BH sophistication

My brother, no listen to those BK people sympathizers.
This is the 3rd or 4th time BK has attacked and robbed "western"banks, and the same people even said the army no fit do anything at that time. Now
You see the kin excuse they de give!
That's how you know a BK person: they carry out their own war propaganda here on N/L embarassed
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2011
I hope they are not going out to kill innocent citizens.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Andrew3(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2011
i wonder what news nairalanders are expecting to hear, always thinking of negativized negativism. grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by paraphase(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2011
The number one factor helping these boko harams is immigration loopholes. We share bother with Chad,Sudan and Niger and these countries are known potential terrorist countries. Their citizens gain easy entrance into Nigeria even without visas. And let me tell you that getting the Nigerian passport by these illegal immigrants is like going to fetch water.So when you hear Nigeria now have suicide bombers, Don't be surprise!

Until Jona Tackles immigrations loopholes especially from the northern bothers that widely and freely open its doors to Sudanese,chads and Nigers, I think we should expect massive increase in the number of suicide bombers with proudly Nigerian passports.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Greenslim: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Soldiers Kill 3 Boko Haram!

Daily Sun gathered that, other members of the escaped with various degree of injuries
Items recovered from the Boko haram members, include sub machine guns, AK47 rifles, belts of ammunitions, Motorola communication equipment, motorcycle batteries, praying beads, charms and other deadly weapons.
Confirming the incident to Daily Sun, the Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General R.I.D. Isah, in an interview, said, virtually all the AK47 rifles recovered from the Boko Haram members, had the mark and colours of some security agencies in the country, but refused to mention the specific agency.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/29/national-29-08-2011-022.html

This is robbery in defense of religion
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by mustspin: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
mekaboy:

what they simply want us to know is that the shot an nysc member, we don't know if it was a mistake but they have called him member of boko haram. When will the nigerian forces ever catch someone alive to confess? Nigerian army appears at the scene- robbers open fire? 3 gunned down- other drop their weapon , and run away with gun shot wounds- so an armed robber with gun shot wound can run faster than a soldier, Imagine how fast they r without wound. The guns had marks of security agencies they won't name. Their news is always shady.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. no kill me with laff o. ur content bad, ur use of english sef too tyt. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Barrywhite8620: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
mekaboy:

I tire 4 this naija people sef.
why not appreciate 4 once?
If the army havn't nab does notorious boko haram,
U will b here complaining that what is the work of dis army self?
My ans 4 u is just simple, y not join the army?and let me see if will have the mind to chase those boko people that u are complain of the army incompetency?RUBBISH
wound. The guns had marks of security agencies they won't name. Their news is always shady.
[quote][/quote]

I tire 4 this naija people sef.
why not appreciate 4 once?
If the army havn't nab does notorious boko haram,
U will b here complaining that what is the work of dis army self?
My ans 4 u is just simple, y not join the army?and let me see if will have the mind to chase those boko people that u are complain of the army incompetency?RUBBISH
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by umechuma: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2011
I want GEJ to invite and approve that America have a military base in Nigeria to deal with Northern terrorist in the interest of world peace and Nigerians.
It is time to deal with this terrorist once and for all.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by kufreabasi(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Are they really BH?

This person, are you asking? untill they bomb, you won't belief it is BH
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by baslone: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2011
mekaboy:

suspected [/b]boko members? ,

[b]undisclosed [/b]amount of money  ,

[b]undisclosed
banks

unidentified corp member  cry

colours of some security agencies in the country, but refused to mention [/b]the specific agency.  lipsrsealed

Several[b] others, escaped [/b]with bullet wounds leaving their weapons behind,

[b]some people
confirmed that one of them was an NYSC member.  angry

The report smells like a face saving scam! I don't believe this home movie script at all!
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Barrywhite8620: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
kufreabasi:

This person, are you asking? untill they bomb, you won't belief it is BH

gringringringringrin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by jokingmary(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

praying beads
This means that allah even supports them
This useless people are ruthless angry
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by olempe(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
umechuma:

I want GEJ to invite and approve that America have a military base in Nigeria to deal with Northern terrorist in the interest of world peace and Nigerians.

Wrong sugestion papi.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by phreakabit(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=18pt]Just three?!!! angry angry angry [/size]
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by BabaIbada: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]Just three?!!! angry angry angry [/size]
That was all there was!!! grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by islamrules(m): 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2011

I thought its only Nigerian pastors that uses juju. The so-called Allah has finally legalize juju. na wa oo. Next time, it will be human rituals.
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by joannes7(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
good,
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Barrywhite8620: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
islamrules:

I thought its only Nigerian pastors that uses juju. The so-called Allah has finally legalize juju. na wa oo. Next time, it will be human rituals.

abeg no kill me with laugh grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by adamabdul: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Either arm robbers or innocent people.BOKO HARAM WIL NOT USE CHARMS AND PRAYING BEADS COZ THEY BELONG TO WAHABIYA
Re: Soldiers Kill 3 Suspected Members Of Boko Haram by Frankies(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2011
Baba Ibada:

That was all there was!!! grin grin grin

From the film ''Third world cup'' grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Faulty Statistical System / LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] / Hilarious Reply From Efcc Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.