Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? (1063 Views)

Please Explain These Nairaland Jargons / 25 Abbreviations You Must Know About / What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? by Larrylarex(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2011
One of the most popular abbreviations usually used on the internet especially on nairaland is 'lol' meaning laughing out loud, there is also this one:LMAO which in my opinion(might be wrong) means laughing my ass out. Yet there are others I did not even have any idea about eg:
LWKMD
BTW
ROFLMAO
etc
You can add to the list and if you know the meanings you may kindly share it with us here. Awaiting your replies.
Re: What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? by Odunnu: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2011
Larrylarex:

One of the most popular abbreviations usually used on the internet especially on nairaland is 'lol' meaning laughing out loud, there is also this one:LMAO which in my opinion(might be wrong) means laughing my Bottom out. Yet there are others I did not even have any idea about eg:
LWKMD
= Laugh Wan Kill Me Die
BTW
= By The Way
ROFLMAO
= Rolling on Floor Laughing My A ss Out
etc
You can add to the list and if you know the meanings you may kindly share it with us here. Awaiting your replies.
I just replied in bold.
Re: What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2011
Re: What Are The Meanings Of These Nairaland/internet Abbreviations? by Larrylarex(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ Odunnu and Toba: tnx for ur replies.

(1) (Reply)

When Someone Calls You On An Early Saturday Morning For The First Time? / Nairaland Has Just Been Granted Her Greatest Gift! / WORRISOME: Apapa Tank Farm, A Time Bomb Waiting To Go Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.