Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? (16166 Views)

In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr / Meet The Nigeria Football Team Of 1962 / How Can I Join Nigeria Football Supporters Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Sleekfingers: 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:

But they are

Of course they are Africans......
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by SmartyPants(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
@ Robosky02

Are you arguing that investments made in 2019 and 2020 are responsible for a 2022 success story?

Come on.

There is no drastic difference between Morocco that we know and the one we're seeing. And if you want to prove that there is a trend, you have to take into account their Afcon performance too.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by IMEI: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
Topmaike007:
Nigeria can never hit that type of progress because of the mentality of the governing body of our football,why will you pick an Aboki to play football by all means even when you know he is not good on the pitch but because of that our mentality of balancing the squad with the whole region we won't move ahead..

Almost 100% of Super Eagles are Southerners, find something else to blame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Litmus: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
Realists:
Arab money, Arab football, Arab technology, Arab Oil Arabs to the world. Those hating Qatar hosting right are now support Morroco to do Africa proud. Including our wailing wailers.

Why didn't all this Arab money, Arab football, Arab technology and Arab whatnot help Saudi Arabia, Qatar and any relevant none African Arab nation during this world cup?

Why didn't it help Saudi Arabia, the mother of all Arab nations?
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
SmartyPants:
@ Robosky02

Are you arguing that investments made in 2019 and 2020 are responsible for a 2022 success story?

Come on.

There is no drastic difference between Morocco that we know and the one we're seeing. And if you want to prove that there is a trend, you have to take into account their Afcon performance too.

My point is success must be intentional

We can't keep doing fire brigade approach to succeed

1 Like

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Thebigheart: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
Make una go Sidon abeg. When corruption done finish NFF. How una go take progress when you guys are putting a round peg in a square hole.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
thedio:

This is nothing but magic. Nothing we r not going to see because Morocco qualify for quarter final now. Imagine somebody tagging two yrs talent development to a world cup success. Is it that simple? How about Qatar of over 10yrs prep. Perhaps it was professor Phela that handle their development. Nonsense.

This a stroll down the memory lane of what the Royal Moroccan Football Federation have done to now be reaping the reward here in Qatar.

In July 2022, Morocco hosted a FIFA Talent Development Scheme workshop as part of the Talent Development Plan launched by FIFA’s Chief of Global Football Development Arsene Wenger in 2020

See

Success must be intentional

I remembered one NFF came and started national u13, to u15 and u17

That tenure we produced the likes of iheanacho, nwakalis osimhen etc ...were we see players you can almost certain they are their age

But amaju came and scuttled that program and started looking for foreign players even going to beg their parents to come play for Nigeria

The female game nothing to write about after Oshoala, oparanozie, etc Amaju did have any program to produced new girls... He just killed the local league

Is it the league amaju reduced it to a point not even one player from the league can play for super eagles whereas before then Sunday MBA from a local team score in AfCON finals to give us the trophy today the league the even select who should go to CAF

1 Like

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by oluwatisetan87: 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
This country don castThis country don cast...
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Blazebond(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
All this write-ups for players that where born and groomed outside of Morocco, Nigerians are too funny, Morocco men's national team ain't playing superbly,all they do is defend and hope to counter and score,every nations path to success in sports is different so please let us stop with the comparison and criticism and just support Morocco.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by SunMusk(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2022
Most of those guys that play those football for Morocco re not even trained, developed or born in Morocco. All I see in the team was fighting spirit, I don't see any other thing again.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by olisefom: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:

Football is the major unifying force in Nigeria

I believe we can make it

Not when those itemised problems are not dealt with.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
SunMusk:
Most of those guys that play those football for Morocco re not even trained, developed or born in Morocco. All I see in the team was fighting spirit, I don't see any other thing again.

Back then

The Nigerian boys born here in the ghetto see player for the national team as an opportunity to fight there way out

But amaju went and brought ajebotas born abroad who don't know what it means to fight

They just stayed till game over.... And they fly back to base

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by sulaak(m): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
WibusJaga:

Kudos to Morocco.
Fact is; most excellent schemes that worked elsewhere, often fail in Nigeria because we have failed to rise above Tribalism, Nepotism, etc thereby relegating Competence & Merit to the background. cheesy

Tribalism and Nepotism are not unique to Nigeria, Morocco sacked their Oyingbo coach three months before the World Cup and got to the world cup. Ghana, Cameroon and Senegal are all using a local coach and have done better than expected.

If tribalism is a problem then Nigeria should build institutions that are regionally restructured so the best Nigerians represent their regions and can further represent the country. You can't force nationality down people's throats.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by thedio(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:

See

Success must be intentional

I remembered one NFF came and started national u13, to u15 and u17

That tenure we produced the likes of iheanacho, nwakalis osimhen etc ...were we see players you can almost certain they are their age

But amaju came and scuttled that program and started looking for foreign players even going to beg their parents to come play for Nigeria

The female game nothing to write about after Oshoala, oparanozie, etc Amaju did have any program to produced new girls... He just killed the local league

Is it the league amaju reduced it to a point not even one player from the league can play for super eagles whereas before then Sunday MBA from a local team score in AfCON finals to give us the trophy today the league the even select who should go to CAF
U did not get my point beside I am not against good program like that but telling us that two years talent hunt is the engine driving Morocco success at this world cup is a big falacity. How many of hose guys are 19,20,21 yrs of age.
The ihianacho,Isaac success,ndidi and co were discovered in 2013/2014,do the calculation and tell me how many yrs now
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by BreconHills(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:
The development of football in Morocco is based on a three-pronged approach focusing on

1. facilities,

2.talent and

3 well-qualified staff.

If Nigeria NFF like will do same we can go far our leagues should have better facilities stadiums, TV rights etc, the talents and many here let's fetch them enough of monitoring and convincing players born in Europe and of caused get the best coaches for the national teams and make enabling environment for local coaches to upgrade their license

Fully agree.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Hydroxide(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:

Am not just looking at their national male team

See their overall development in football

Example some years back thy can't even stand any female team from Nigeria
But today, they beat us in women afcon qualified for their first female world cup,
At women club level they defeated our champion Bayelsa Queen's and even Memolodi Ladies to win CAF women champion league

Their facilities are top notched, they are bidding to host lots of competition

And most importantly their league is growing
That's true. You've a good point.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by wiseone28: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2022
Marvieduke:
To me it is just their time to shine. Just nigeria football leaders are too corrupt.
That's what i am thinking too..

Though credit should be given to their FA too

1 Like

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Ezlynn: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kudos to the Moroccans.... In the meantime you can vibe all night to a clear rich sound with the oraimo boom.

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by b1olat: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
robosky02:
The development of football in Morocco is based on a three-pronged approach focusing on

1. facilities,

2.talent and

3 well-qualified staff.

If Nigeria NFF like will do same we can go far our leagues should have better facilities stadiums, TV rights etc, the talents and many here let's fetch them enough of monitoring and convincing players born in Europe and of caused get the best coaches for the national teams and make enabling environment for local coaches to upgrade their license
Not until we learn to do things the right way and stop demanding for bribe before inviting players for competition.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Haymus007(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
oluwatisetan87:
This country don castThis country don cast...
Tey tey grin grin
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Truthday: 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Topmaike007:
is Morocco in Middle East or Africa??

For that useless player saying they won for arabian world there own don finish be that
all north africa countries are arab countries, from Egypt to western sahara even mozambique. To even east africa. Somalia ace likes are all arab and islamic countries. Their traditional language and lifestyle is arabic.

Spain used to be a muslim country, when islam is at its prime, most especially east spain. Spain and Morocco are blood brothers who has everything I in common including land borders.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Truthday: 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
Litmus:

Why didn't all this Arab money, Arab football, Arab technology and Arab whatnot help Saudi Arabia, Qatar and any relevant none African Arab nation during this world cup?

Why didn't it help Saudi Arabia, the mother of all Arab nations?
you might be sleeping when Saudi Arabia beat argentina. Mention one african country that did that. You people hate will just consume you, hypocrite with madness blood.

So youl compare arab countries football like egypt, algeria Morocco, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar football to african countries? Don't be silly boy.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by jimcaddy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
This one will enter the left ear of our guys at the NFF and come out through the right ear. Nigeria and Nigerians like shortcut to success. They don't want to put in the work, yet they want instant success. This is evident as the rate of crime has sky rocketed over the past months. We don't plan in Nigeria. We love "fire brigade" approach a lot in this country. Our football has been messy for a long time now that I have even stopped watching them play. We just cannot beat anybody, despite the plethora of talents we have who have switched nationalities. Our league isn't improving at all, nothing works in Nigeria because some people are so used to "business as usual". They just don't want to change. Look at the number of African referees in this world cup. We had, I think two African refs in this tournament from other African countries who don't have that pedigree that we have. Even in the African cup of nations, no Nigerian ref is deemed worthy enough to be selected. Like a whole lot is wrong with Nigeria. And the problem is with we Nigerians. Many Nigerians don't want to change as long as they are benefiting from something, even if that thing is not good. That's why we keep on voting in wrong leaders. We put tribe, religious, ethnic sentiments in everything that we do. Like i don't know who swear for us like this for this country. I've said it, and will keep saying it that Nigeria will never change for the better UNTIL Nigerians themselves change their mindset and mentality.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Napata77: 4:06am On Dec 08, 2022
owobokiri:
All these long story.
They were playing trash until they changed their coach
The young coach who is barely 3 months on the job is the secret to their success

THANKS BRO. YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL.

MOROCCO DID NOTHING AND WERE A USELESS TEAM EVEN IN AFCON.

THEY JUST GOT A DECENT COACH THAT KNOWS HIS SHIIT AND BOOM! THEY BEAT SPAIN.

JUST AS NIGERIA GOT A DECENT COACH NAMED STEPHEN KESHI, WHO WON THE 2013 AFCON.

AND GOT DECENT COACHES CALLED WESTERHOF AND LATER JO BONFRERE, WHO WON OLYMPIC GOLD.

NIGERIA NEEDS TO STOP HANDING THAT JOB TO JUST ANYONE OFF THE STREET LIKE THEY JUST DID WITH THAT PORTUGUESE GUY, WHATEVER HIS NAME IS.

THEN WE'LL GET SUCCESS.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by Topmaike007(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Truthday:
all north africa countries are arab countries, from Egypt to western sahara even mozambique. To even east africa. Somalia ace likes are all arab and islamic countries. Their traditional language and lifestyle is arabic.

Spain used to be a muslim country, when islam is at its prime, most especially east spain. Spain and Morocco are blood brothers who has everything I in common including land borders.
is Morocco in Europe or in Africa that's what I am asking
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2022
thedio:

U did not get my point beside I am not against good program like that but telling us that two years talent hunt is the engine driving Morocco success at this world cup is a big falacity. How many of hose guys are 19,20,21 yrs of age.
The ihianacho,Isaac success,ndidi and co were discovered in 2013/2014,do the calculation and tell me how many yrs now

And that program was stopped?

So whee do we get another iheanacho or osimhen?
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by SunMusk(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Our team needs fighting spirit, even in loss
robosky02:

Back then

The Nigerian boys born here in the ghetto see player for the national team as an opportunity to fight there way out

But amaju went and brought ajebotas born abroad who don't know what it means to fight

They just stayed till game over.... And they fly back to base
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by shegz24(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
looool
What model?

Morocco that Ziyech and Amrabat refused to play for until the coach is fired.
In fact the new coach was appointed in August,2022.

Truly, Success has many friends.
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Imaging Nigeria doing this at the world cup
Re: Morocco Football Success Story A Model For Nigeria Football Development? by robosky02(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Frame 1: What Ghana produced from FIFA funds.

Frame 2: What Morocco produced from FIFA funds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NFF Deny Keshi Resignation / Heartland Fc Of Imo Enjoys Dana Air Flight Ahead Of Match In Lagos / Ajara Njoya Nchout Joins Atletico Madrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.