Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? (459 Views)

When Pastors/Christians Are Not Saved, Then Sinners/Atheists Get More Confused / Why Do Ladies Scream When Pastors Lay Hands On Them? / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
So many times I hear pastors in different churches tell their members to quit any job that would not give them time to attend church services, expecially Sunday service. I know it's very good for brethren to always come together to worship, but judging from how the economy is right now and how demanding most employers are who would want you to put in extra hours and some organization like restaurants and malls whom Sundays are one of their important days, I feel it will be difficult for some of the employees to attend weekly service and for some the compulsory Sunday service. And my question is should they quit their jobs as demanded by their pastors and devote their time to church since their job doesn't give them time for church programs. Because if that is the case, in so many of these mega churches in Nigeria, I see casual workers like the janitors and security men working on Sundays in the churches. And am like shouldn't this people also be in church listening to the word of God or is salvation segregated?

Please what's ur take?
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by FASHOLA123(m): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
You life is in your hand
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by coputa(m): 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:
So many times I hear pastors in different churches tell their members to quit any job that would not give them time to attend church services, expecially Sunday service. I know it's very good for brethren to always come together to worship, but judging from how the economy is right now and how demanding most employers are who would want you to put in extra hours and some organization like restaurants and malls whom Sundays are one of their important days, I feel it will be difficult for some of the employees to attend weekly service and for some the compulsory Sunday service. And my question is should they quit their jobs as demanded by their pastors and devote their time to church since their job doesn't give them time for church programs. Because if that is the case, in so many of these mega churches in Nigeria, I see casual workers like the janitors and security men working on Sundays in the churches. And am like shouldn't this people also be in church listening to the word of God or is salvation segregated?

Please what's ur take?
God's salary and remuneration never goes dry.
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by Righteousness2(m): 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
If you are a Heaven concious Believer, You don't have to wait for your pastor to tell you, that any job that completely removes from the House of GOD is a Death trap.
No matter how lucrative it is, it is trap from the devil that will consume and Destroy you.
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Righteousness2:
If you are a Heaven concious Believer, You don't have to wait for your pastor to tell you, that any job that completely removes from the House of GOD is a Death trap.
No matter how lucrative it is, it is trap from the devil that will consume and Destroy you.

But why do these same Mega churches allow janitors and security guard to work on Sundays while sermon is going on. Would it be right and wouldn't lead to their sack by the pastor if they all leave their duty on Sundays during sermon to attend the service and afterwards return back to their duty

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by gly(m): 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

But why do these same Mega churches allow janitors and security guard to work on Sundays while sermon is going on. Would it be right and wouldn't lead to their sack by the pastor if they all leave their duty on Sundays during sermon to attend the service and afterwards return back to their duty

The point to note is...God searches the heart and knows the intent of all his creature. Your profession is akin to doing God's work from secular perspective. You do not need to be a worker in church to add to the kingdom, rather you can be a worker anywhere (a doctor on duty on Sunday morning, a footballer on duty on Sunday morning, whose pay/wages makes impart in the lives of people, an oil man, offshore who is[i] a broken[/i] Christian, the list is endless).
OP, Know who GOD (the truth) is and you will be free.
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2022
gly:

The point to note is...God searches the heart and knows the intent of all his creature. Your profession is akin to doing God's work from secular perspective. You do not need to be a worker in church to add to the kingdom, rather you can be a worker anywhere (a doctor on duty on Sunday morning, a footballer on duty on Sunday morning, whose pay/wages makes impart in the lives of people, an oil man, offshore who is[i] a broken[/i] Christian, the list is endless).
OP, Know who GOD (the truth) is and you will be free.

That is my point. Guess we are saying the same thing. My question is this, is it right or wrong for pastors to tell members to leave their jobs if it's preventing them from attending church programs. Cus for me I believe what matters most is our personal relationship with God. Because there are people who don't miss a single church program but yet they are very wicked in heart and same time some one who isn't a regular church goer but very kind and loving. So is it right for pastors to ask members to quit any job that doesn't give them time for church programs ?
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by petra1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

That is my point. Guess we are saying the same thing. My question is this, is it right or wrong for pastors to tell members to leave their jobs if it's preventing them from attending church programs. Cus for me I believe what matters most is our personal relationship with God. Because there are people who don't miss a single church program but yet they are very wicked in heart and same time some one who isn't a regular church goer but very kind and loving. So is it right for pastors to ask members to quit any job that doesn't give them time for church programs ?

its wrong . it should be an issue of choice. Calls differ . it should be based on condition. The Pastor should teach on the importance of worship together . but individuals have to be guided by the Holyghost for their peculiar case . For some based on their assignments need to be self employed. especially brother 7 hour intercessor. and brother bus evangelism. some others may not require that . some may afford to miss some services because of the demand from their work . its a choice
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by Righteousness2(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

Any job that completely removes from the House of GOD is a Death trap.
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by ediplan: 5:22am On Dec 08, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

Please what's ur take?

LUKE 10

38 Jesus and his disciples went on their way. They came to a town. A woman named Martha took him into her home.

39 She had a sister named Mary. Mary sat near the feet of Jesus and she listened to what he said.

40 But Martha was very21- busy doing many things for Jesus. She came to Jesus and said, `Lord, my sister has left me to do all the work. Do you not care? Tell her to come and help me.'

41 The Lord answered her, `Martha, Martha, you are worrying. You are troubled about many things.

42 Only one thing is needed. What Mary has chosen is good. And it will not be taken away from her.'

they might not be putting it as right if their sentences are construed that way. Jesus made us understand that it is not principally about the service to him as Martha was about in verse 40 of Luke chapter 10. It is about the word and learning at the feet of christ. service is important to the Lord but it can be lost (matt 7:21-23) it is you knowing him and him knowing him that makes service worth it.
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by paxonel(m): 6:11am On Dec 08, 2022
Righteousness2:

Any job that completely removes from the House of GOD is a Death trap.

lies
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by paxonel(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

Please what's ur take?
no pastor is demanding anyone to quit their job for church service. It is you that has the absolute right to decide whether you want to quit your job or not.

If you decide to quit your job and the church is not doing anything about providing you with a job that will match the time they want from you, then you are on your own
Re: Is It Right When Pastors Do This ? by gly(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2022
DREAMHOMES6970:

Good to hear from you my brother,
On the question and in line with the bolded, if the pastor's declaration is divine, God will also confirm it to you.
(The person should have inner conviction to that effect, as a christian...I mean real christian); and that lies the answer as God is not a confusing God.
It is not what the pastor says but what God says that matters.
Pastors are humans and not infallible in unwise decision sometimes as they could use their canal mind

(1) (Reply)

A.I Confirms Something Happened At Bermuda Traingle / The Most Unsuccessful Lock Down ( Pic) / Is Joseph Not Touching His Virgin Wife For Nine Months Not A Red Flag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.