Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) (31909 Views)

Primary School Teacher Arrested In Oyo For Sodomizing His Male Pupils (Photo) / 25-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Woman Of N16m - Photos / Man Punches His Girlfriend To Death In Oyo For Denying Him Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Firstcitizen: 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
PHZADDY1:
Ezi
iberibe
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by DennisEche(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kudos to the NPF National Cybercrime Centre
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by DrMuzungu(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2022
If you steal N1k worth of tomatoes, you get a necklace.
If you steal N10M, you get arrested by EFCC or the police
Finally, if you steal trillions, you become a respected citizen and can run for president. Just like Thiefnoobu.

Don't be like Thiefnoobu. And don't deal drugs to kids like him either.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Corrosiveman(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Which format Dem use
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
IT SEEMS BANK BOYZ ARE TEACHING THESE EVIL minded URCHINS CYBERCRIME. angrybank boys should know that they took oathS to protect secrecy of their work and trainingangrySo if bank work no give you enough money,go start business instead of recruiting cybercriminalsangry
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by SWATMan: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
"PRESS RELEASE
CYBERCRIME: NPF NATIONAL CYBERCRIME CENTRE BUST POS NETWORK FRAUD SYNDICATE RESPONSIBLE FOR OVER N16M THEFT

As IGP Urges Nigerians to Access, Use Cybercrime Reporting Platforms

The Nigeria Police Force National Cybercrime Centre, an innovation of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc(+), NPM, NEAPS, fdc, CFR, to effectively tackle cybercrime offences, and which led to the reorganization of all cybercrime units of the Force, has recorded salient achievements in less than one month from the commencement of operations under the purview of the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID), DIG Johnson Babatunde Kokumo, mni.

Amongst the numerous concluded cases by the Centre, is a case of unlawful access to a computer network and manipulation of a point of sale (POS) network to defraud the unsuspecting owner of the total sum of Sixteen Million, One Hundred and Forty-Nine Thousand, One Hundred and Ninety-Five (N16,149,195.00) only by all-male trio of [b]Sanmi Ayodeji, Felix Oluwaseun, and Adeleye Oluwaseun, [/b]aged 29, 24, and 32 years respectfully.

The suspects signed up on a POS platform known as Tmoni Technologies Company using their Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) and those of their friends and relatives without their consent. They proceeded to open valid wallet accounts with Tmoni, manipulated the company network security system, and fraudulently transferred funds to the tune of N16.1m from the Tmoni platform to various online accounts from where they made subsequent withdrawals. The suspects were eventually arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State, by operatives of the NPF National Cybercrime Centre, after an official complaint was lodged by the financial controller of the Tmoni platform.

Upon their arrest, the suspects were found in possession of several mobile phones, POS machines, SIM cards, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Cards, and one Toyota Matrix car with registration no. KUJ 548 CN which they confessed was bought with proceeds of the crime.

The Inspector-General of Police while calling on users of online banking platforms to be vigilant with regard to their personal information, urges all citizens and residents in the country, as stakeholders in ensuring maximum security, to report all suspicious cyber activities via 09168343711, interpolnigeria@npf.gov.ng or on the NPF Cybercrime Reporting Portal - https://incb.npf.gov.ng/. The IGP similarly commended the Director, NPF National Cybercrime Centre, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Uche Ifeanyi Henry, for his diligence and dedication which has led to the breakthroughs recorded so far.

The suspects will be charged to court as soon as possible.

CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI, mnipr, mipra,
Force Public Relations Officer,
Force Headquarters
Abuja

6th December, 2022"

envoymedia:
IGBERETV report

Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0L2XAdaKyJzyJv1UYAZqAfxj8KY8btWyQFx7XYXPAYfE2cW5URNjvgDhSKRVJEJWjl&id=100064453009372

I stopped reading when I saw their
names.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by sircatherine45(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Westchester:
Nothing good ever comes out from the land of afonjas the chronic 0femmanu ewedu eating tribe tongue
Skull mining, head slamming, internet fraud, drug dealing and every sort of bad things can only be traced to these descendants of Awolowo embarassed
Na Dem dey do evil pass na still Dem dey blame others undecided tongue

Luciferian descendants of Awarawa grin
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Zooposki(f): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
That’s how these fools have been trying to break into my Bank Account, hack my Debit card etc. One naira them no see.

Very desperate set of fools. The level of desperation is nauseating. These fools that commit cyber crime are from the very pits of hell. Until you deal with them, you will not know how disgusting they are. I now know how wicked and desperate they are to be able to kill to get that access to money. Death to all scammers and yahoo yahoo boys and the foolish girls that run after them.

I wish the government can pass into law the death penalty for these set of disgusting fools.

1 Like

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Cantonese: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
They will serve the time in prison. While in prison, from time to time they will think about their lives. If they are given long sentences, they will regret their actions. After spending the long prison term, they will come out in the middle age, with too many changes in infrastructures, society and people. They will keep regretting, while hoping to get assimilated into their new found surroundings. Maybe now they do not have children or families. They will begin the financial struggle from the beginning, while wearing the tag “ex convict”.

Why commit the crime? A little patience, a little more decent work and the wealth will follow.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by FLYFIRE(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
These people are not stealing, 'yahoo-yahooing' or peddling drugs because they want to but because APC failed them & pushed them into it.
VOTE WISELY, VOTE LABOUR PARTY, VOTE PRESIDENT PETER GREGORY OBI
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by MrFly(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
another format from niggas who want to make it through illegal means. Govt should jail them ASAP
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Akerele44(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
Bulaba:
The steal ordinary 16 Million? Me that have been stealing the future of Lagosians since I left office nko? I graduated with honours from iragb.. sorry, Chicago State University of Oluwole. Any further questions will now be answered by my online cows on nairaland. #BulabaSigningOut
And your people still keep investing massively in Lagos state instead of there own region
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by 2016v2017: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Bulaba:
The steal ordinary 16 Million? Me that have been stealing the future of Lagosians since I left office nko? I graduated with honours from iragb.. sorry, Chicago State University of Oluwole. Any further questions will now be answered by my online cows on nairaland. #BulabaSigningOut
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Mrkindness: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Yoruba.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by MrBroke(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
All you tribalist people , you guys are all useless and sometimes I wonder what brain came with you guys that made you guys to always think outside the box with your myopic and sentimental shit ass brain. Generalising things like fool's with no F you guys are ools. How you can even hate a tribe like are you guys okay. You shit ass people are the reason why nigeria is divided.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by lakeside30: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
End time Hackers

1 Like

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by OdenKelechi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ondo ft Ekiti on this one grin
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Danisaint112(m): 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
PHZADDY1:
e reach Una turn e come be so many corrupt Nigerians abi?bigots
Keep checking names

That reply is epic. grin That's how one was blaming the victim. He was like; "dey still dey scam people for this present day." cheesy

I was like WTF! Because the culprits ain't Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Positiveme2020: 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Thebigheart:

Madam, don't try to de-market someone means of livelihood.

The headlines says, they are trying to hack into POS platform. They're not POS agent.

She rushed to make a comment, when she didn't read the story.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by PHZADDY1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Danisaint112:

That reply is epic. grin That's how one was blaming the victim. He was like; "dey still dey scam people for this present day." cheesy

I was like WTF! Because the culprits ain't Igbos.
don't mind the shameless bigots

1 Like

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
Firstcitizen:
This is Nigeria, everybody na criminal

I'm not a criminal and I am very sure the larger percentage of Nigerians are not criminals too ! Trust me,you criminals are just a few misguided elements soiling the image of the rest of us ! So,it is very wrong for you to make a stupid blanket statement like "everybody na criminal" !
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Firstcitizen: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

I'm not a criminal and I am very sure the larger percentage of Nigerians are not criminals too ! Trust me,you criminals are just a few misguided elements soiling the image of the rest of us ! So,it is very wrong for you to make a stupid blanket statement like "everybody na criminal" !

You are all criminals. It is in your genes and that is why you are rattled. The only problem you may have now is the opportunity to steal has not presented itself. Gerrarrahia criminal grin
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by gbishman: 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ibadan boys fear them o.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by toujurs: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
A whole lot of Nigerian youths are into fraud. It's a shame
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by toujurs: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
gbishman:
Ibadan boys fear them o.
How about ogun, that involves rituals in theirs.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2022
Firstcitizen:

You are all criminals. It is in your genes and that is why you are rattled. The only problem you may have now is the opportunity to steal has not presented itself. Gerrarrahia criminal grin

I can see that you're desperate for some attention but you won't get it from me,kiddo !

Now,crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there,ode !
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by toujurs: 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
MrBroke:
All you tribalist people , you guys are all useless and sometimes I wonder what brain came with you guys that made you guys to always think outside the box with your myopic and sentimental shit ass brain. Generalising things like fool's with no F you guys are ools. How you can even hate a tribe like are you guys okay. You shit ass people are the reason why nigeria is divided.
A whole tribe in one man pocket. While their youths are into thuggery, robbery, fraud and ritual.
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Godispeace: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Most Nigeria youths of nowadays aka the indomie Generation are bunch lazy youths and criminals who rush for fast money to live big life they are all supporters of the chronic liar presidential candidate from Anambra state a rep of Biafra IPOB/ESN . a failed former Governor of anambra for 8 years oooo
Roboto11:
So many corrupt Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by donielord(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
Na wa oo.

I sell CP at unbelievable affordable price. I am just a dm away; Contact +2348145310470 (WhatsApp).

Price is listed below

30CP - 300
80CP - 500
420CP - 2500
880CP - 4200
2400CP - 10000
5000CP - 20500
10800CP - 40000
21600CP - 72000
32400CP - 115000
43200CP - 145000
54000CP - 175000

Price amount is in Naira. grin
Re: Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) by Firstcitizen: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

I can see that you're desperate for some attention but you won't get it from me,kiddo !

Now,crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out from and remain dumber than you are already there,ode !

The criminal quoted someone for attention which was duly offered and is claiming the other person is seeking attention.smh Truth is bitter. I am sure you are behind a laptop every night doing what you guys do best. Ole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Caught Stealing Car Battery, Made To Carry It On His Head. Photos / Estate Residents Left Terrified As Thief Is Found Inside A Closed Gutter (Video) / Soldier To Asiyami Gold: I Will Order My Boys To Damage You, Nothing Will Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.