Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

I Have Issues With My Security Guard - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Issues With My Security Guard (3252 Views)

Resolving Issues With Bank Account Details On Npower. / DeaDear 2017 pre-selected applicants, Having issues with generating a OTP. / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Richy4(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2022
falcon01:

Unfortunately, you wasn't meant to be an alpha, you are not a leader! Go get another job where you can follow instructions..

Just maybe, u should Google types of leadership... It will help you next time you were dishing out advice on leadership...

Autocratic ( Alpha) is not the only type of leadership.. smiley
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2022
Bluntguy:

Why not look for the job of a waiter instead of guard. You sound more like one.
Lol, that's too blunt, bluntguy
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by falcon01: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2022
Richy4:

Just maybe, u should Google types of leadership... It will help you next time you were dishing out advice on leadership...

Autocratic ( Alpha) is not the only type of leadership.. smiley
The Context of Alpha here is a 'leader' not a type of leadership, I'll extend it forward saying I misused the word Alpha to prevent any further argument.
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Richy4(m): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2022
falcon01:
The Context of Alpha here is a 'leader' not a type of leadership, I'll extend it forward saying I misused the word Alpha to prevent any further argument.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying previously...

What I understand from your previous post was that since OP was not dominant in behavior, especially with respect to work/ social aggression, or not being hyper-masculine man..he was not fit to be a leader..That was why I wrote that that is not all that makes a leader..

Yea, but I think I got what you were driving at now.. cheers cool
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by lereinter(m): 9:29am On Dec 08, 2022
I'm not sure you are the CSO
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Desusi: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2022
lifeizgood:
I have an issue.
I work as a security guard and as a CSO of the bit.
I find it difficult to give commands without shaky voice. The junior guards are taking advantage of it to disrespect me.
Days ago, one of the guards, a cultist, challanged my command real bad in the presence of other staffs of the organization. I was pained, so pained that the expression on my face was really visible.
He then behaved after doing what he did but I kept my cool.
I reported to the manager of the organization and our security manager.
I was asked to give a query letter to the guy which I did.
He has replied the query letter and you won't believe me that this guy turned everything to look as if I'm the one who misunderstood him.
He denied challenging my order and never mentioned anything concerning it.
Some people na real criminal Ahswear.
You want him to defend you and put his job in jeopardy? Never.He will surely defend himself. Learn more about office management brother!
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by udomonday: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2022
You have to be very firm and commanding,in what you do,stop playing too much with them it should be strictly formal,if you feel like playing and chatting up with them,it should be after working hours,if the company notices that you don't have the balls to handle that post as the CSO,they will feel unsecured and will ask for a replacement or worse still they can ask the perceived security officer with balls to step up to your position and demote you.
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by somehow: 11:41am On Dec 08, 2022
faceland:

Who are his referee? Why did the CSO allow him to get the job. grin

Too many redflags.

1 Like

Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Depressed101: 11:54am On Dec 08, 2022
lifeizgood:

The security department of the company is contracted to a third party security outfit.
There are 3 boys and one girl working with the security outfit. The girl was to join some of the company staffs for an outing. One of the manager was hesitant about the girl going so, I asked the girl not to go.
The security boy in question said that the girl must go. I said no, she's not going. He repeated that the girl will go and before I know, he pulled out his phone and called the girl to go meet the manager so that she would be allowed to attend.
That angered me greatly.
I suppose by that position you have some level of power . Why not take some disciplinary measures on him?
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Mrkindness: 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
It's either you are smaller body or you don't have self esteem which you need to work on.

If I am in charge I must get my due respect of I take it from you by force.
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Truvelisback(m): 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
lifeizgood:
I have an issue.
I find it difficult to give commands without shaky voice. The junior guards are taking advantage of it to disrespect me.
Days ago, one of the guards, a cultist, challanged my command real bad in the presence of other staffs of the organization. I was pained, so pained that the expression on my face was really visible.
He has replied the query letter and you won't believe me that this guy turned everything to look as if I'm the one who misunderstood him.
What else do u want?
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by nnamdiosu(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
lifeizgood:
I have an issue.

If you can't command command and authority or respect among your own junior security colleagues, then how will you effectively command security and guard the vicinity?

I think you are in the wrong profession.
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Tegabadguy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
lifeizgood:
I have an issue.
CSO i no understand you ooooooooo
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Bintabisiriyu: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
The OP na real weakling o, i wish i was among one of your junior guards i will manipulate you sote na you go dey clean my shoe
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Tinububalls: 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Let me tell you from experience, Your personality matters.
I'm kind but mean. I don't gist unnecessary with my juniors, For them to report some stuffs to me self, you will see the "I don't know if he's happy thought" all over their faces.
We do crack jokes sometimes but when it's showtime, them no born you well.
Re: I Have Issues With My Security Guard by Eddodoh(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2022
I am experiencing same issue at same job. I already decided what to do b4 & thank God I am seeing this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brain Munro Ltd? / Crystal And Diamond Recruitment Is It Real / Many Are Called, But Few Will Be Chosen (faan Recruitment Exercise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.