Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think (1167 Views)

Are You A Good Engineer, Programmer, Or Developer? / 10 Concept Every Software Developers Should Know Before 2018 / Various Excuses Every Software QA Tester Must Stop Giving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by saint01909: 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Every software engineer and programmer has likely gone through a phase where they question their career choice. This is a common occurrence in any profession, but it can be particularly prevalent in the fast-paced and constantly evolving world of technology.

One of the main reasons for this doubt is the sheer amount of knowledge and skills required to be a successful software engineer or programmer. The field is constantly changing, with new languages, frameworks, and technologies being developed all the time. This can make it difficult for even experienced professionals to keep up, let alone those who are just starting out.

Another factor that can contribute to this doubt is the high pressure and demanding nature of the job. Software engineers and programmers are often tasked with solving complex problems and meeting tight deadlines, which can be stressful and overwhelming. This can lead to feelings of inadequacy and uncertainty, causing some individuals to question whether they made the right decision in pursuing this career.

Additionally, the competitive nature of the job market can also play a role in this doubt. With so many highly qualified candidates vying for the same positions, it can be easy to feel like you are not good enough or that you made a mistake in choosing this career.

However, it is important to remember that this doubt is a natural part of the learning process and does not necessarily mean that you made a mistake in choosing your career. With hard work, dedication, and a willingness to continue learning and growing, you can overcome this doubt and become a successful software engineer or programmer.

In conclusion, every software engineer and programmer goes through a phase where they question their career choice. This doubt can be caused by the high level of knowledge and skills required, the demanding nature of the job, and the competitive job market. However, with hard work and determination, you can overcome this doubt and excel in your career.

4 Likes

Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Moh247: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
What if programming becomes more automated for simple softwares for MSME and SMEs

This means only top IT firm would need the services of a software engineer
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Sheriman(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2022
Reason why i left the profession after 2 years of doing it. It is highly demanding, broad, complex, learning everyday like say tommorow no dey, keeping uptodate on latest technology. I feel i can't survive here, I would not be comfortable doing this for years.
Another problem is that look at our country atmosphere we are battling with a lot that hinders your carreer as a professioner programmer like poor electricity, expensive data, family pressure and expectation, noisy environment among others. Tech is hard already doing it in Nigeria make it harder.

5 Likes

Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by qtguru(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2022
Programming is not a career choice for me, it's a skill. So I don't really see it as a career, maybe because I love things with logic, rules and structure. but in Nigeria programming can be hard. If you were in the US, you would have had a better experience.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sheriman:
Reason why i left the profession after 2 years of doing it. It is highly demanding, broad, complex, learning everyday like say tommorow no dey, keeping uptodate on latest technology. I feel i can't survive here, I would not be comfortable doing this for years.
Another problem is that look at our country atmosphere we are battling with a lot that hinders your carreer as a professioner programmer like poor electricity, expensive data, family pressure and expectation, noisy environment among others. Tech is hard already doing it in Nigeria make it harder.

Can I ask you some questions.

- What platform, language or framework were you learning before you quit after 2 years?
- Did you have any support from a mentor during that period
- since you moved out of tech, what do you do now?
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Sheriman(m): 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
truthsayer009:

Can I ask you some questions.

- What platform, language or framework were you learning before you quit after 2 years?
- Did you have any support from a mentor during that period
- since you moved out of tech, what do you do now?
Native Andriod development.
I learnt Kotlin.
No mentor at all
I moved to trading cryptocurrency though i have been doing it before going into programming i just want to add another hustle but after 2 years of grinding i realised it will be difficult for me to keep it going.
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by qtguru(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sheriman:

I learnt Kotlin.
No mentor at all
I moved to trading cryptocurrency though i have been doing it before going into programming i just want to add another hustle but after 2 years of grinding i realised it will be difficult for me to keep it going.

I don't blame you, Native Android is a lot to learn and things change a lot, if you know Kotlin, try Spring boot, you will get high paying jobs and it's stable
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sheriman:

I learnt Kotlin.
No mentor at all

Sorry bro, the Android platform is difficult & so time consuming. I would have suggested you pick up something else like Frontend, HTML, CSS & ReactJs. It is more straightforward & your life is far easier. I had a friend who had similar issue, he simply picked up frontend & he was able to do well & now working with a payments company. We also have Flutter Cross Platform now which is a saving grace for everybody doing Mobile, i just picked up Flutter & i am enjoying it.
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Sheriman(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
truthsayer009:

Sorry bro, the Android platform is difficult & so time consuming. I would have suggested you pick up something else like Frontend, HTML, CSS & ReactJs. It is more straightforward & your life is far easier. I had a friend who had similar issue, he simply picked up frontend & he was able to do well & now working with a payments company. We also have Flutter Cross Platform now which is a saving grace for everybody doing Mobile, i just picked up Flutter & i am enjoying it.
Thanks brother!! Native Andriod development want to kill me with a lot of frameworks to learn
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Obinnio: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2022
Hi boss, please can I PM you? Please I am not begging for money, but right now I need something to hold onto, I am done with html, css, I am in basic JavaScript, but I need other hustle, I am out of cash, I need you to teach me, mentor me and take me through trading cryptocurrency, someone suggested that before, I asked and the people I have asked said I will pay to learn, please note that I said I don't have money, I am not begging you to give me money, please teach me, while I source money for trading, save a soul trying to survive bro, right now in crossroads, sapa have hold me trying to learn tech to help my life.
Sheriman:

I learnt Kotlin.
No mentor at all
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Sheriman(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2022
Obinnio:
Hi boss, please can I PM you? Please I am not begging for money, but right now I need something to hold onto, I am done with html, css, I am in basic JavaScript, but I need other hustle, I am out of cash, I need you to teach me, mentor me and take me through trading cryptocurrency, someone suggested that before, I asked and the people I have asked said I will pay to learn, please note that I said I don't have money, I am not begging you to give me money, please teach me, while I source money for trading, save a soul trying to survive bro, right now in crossroads, sapa have hold me trying to learn tech to help my life.
Let talk on whatsApp 081fortysixty41818
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Obinnio: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2022
Sheriman:

Let talk on whatsApp 081fortysixty41818
Please check to correct, the number is 12, when I add the 40 and 60
The total digit is twelve,
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Edipet(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2022
saint01909:
Every software engineer and programmer has likely gone through a phase where they question their career choice. This is a common occurrence in any profession, but it can be particularly prevalent in the fast-paced and constantly evolving world of technology.

One of the main reasons for this doubt is the sheer amount of knowledge and skills required to be a successful software engineer or programmer. The field is constantly changing, with new languages, frameworks, and technologies being developed all the time. This can make it difficult for even experienced professionals to keep up, let alone those who are just starting out.

Another factor that can contribute to this doubt is the high pressure and demanding nature of the job. Software engineers and programmers are often tasked with solving complex problems and meeting tight deadlines, which can be stressful and overwhelming. This can lead to feelings of inadequacy and uncertainty, causing some individuals to question whether they made the right decision in pursuing this career.

Additionally, the competitive nature of the job market can also play a role in this doubt. With so many highly qualified candidates vying for the same positions, it can be easy to feel like you are not good enough or that you made a mistake in choosing this career.

However, it is important to remember that this doubt is a natural part of the learning process and does not necessarily mean that you made a mistake in choosing your career. With hard work, dedication, and a willingness to continue learning and growing, you can overcome this doubt and become a successful software engineer or programmer.

In conclusion, every software engineer and programmer goes through a phase where they question their career choice. This doubt can be caused by the high level of knowledge and skills required, the demanding nature of the job, and the competitive job market. However, with hard work and determination, you can overcome this doubt and excel in your career.
I was thinking that I have mental health problem or village people dey worry me because of doubting myself, everyday I keep thinking if I am making the right decision choosing the tech skills, family pressure is at a very high level because I have B.Eng in mechanical engineering since 2017 but no job, I decided to delve into tech to see if I could make it within a year, but the more I learn the More am getting depressed. The worst of it is that I don't even have anything to support myself. Every single day and night, I keeping thinking if an actually wasting my time or if I will actually succeed in This life. life is hard for me

1 Like

Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by IMO01: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2022
Edipet:
I was thinking that I have mental health problem or village people dey worry me because of doubting myself, everyday I keep thinking if I am making the right decision choosing the tech skills, family pressure is at a very high level because I have B.Eng in mechanical engineering since 2017 but no job, I decided to delve into tech to see if I could make it within a year, but the more I learn the More am getting depressed. The worst of it is that I don't even have anything to support myself. Every single day and night, I keeping thinking if an actually wasting my time or if I will actually succeed in This life. life is hard for me

Baba learn digital marketing

Facebook ads

Start selling things online

No how you wont make sale in a week

You can do this while learning programming

I sell cars
Health products
So many things

I'm still learning programming also
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Edipet(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2022
IMO01:

Baba learn digital marketing

Facebook ads

Start selling things online

No how you wont make sale in a week

You can do this while learning programming

I sell cars
Health products
So many things

I'm still learning programming also
please where can I get those things to sale especially health product.
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by IMO01: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2022
Edipet:
please where can I get those things to sale especially health product.

Use jiji

You dont need to own a product.

Go to jiji to do product research

Then check revuew of product seller

Contact the seller to know if he does dropshipping. If yes

Your duty is just to take picture of product and run ads

Once there is a customer give to dropshipper to deliver. After delivery they pay you the money you added on the product
Re: Does Every Software Engineer/ Programmer Go Through That Phase, When They Think by Evan65: 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
IMO01:

Use jiji

You dont need to own a product.

Go to jiji to do product research

Then check revuew of product seller

Contact the seller to know if he does dropshipping. If yes

Your duty is just to take picture of product and run ads

Once there is a customer give to dropshipper to deliver. After delivery they pay you the money you added on the product
if them decide to play smart unkor?

(1) (Reply)

Stress With Miracle C / Do We Have Ethical Hackers Here On Nairaland / Jtabbedpane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.