Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 (1301 Views)

Help! Toyota Camry 2006 Engine Number / Pls Help!!!!.....toyota Camry 08/10 VS Lexus Es350 07/08 / Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clemz85(m): 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pls help a brother,
My Camry 2.4 is a year and 8 months old
Very nice car

But the engine top is making noise like they are clapping in church service

Now I heard the issue is common with this particular car

So pls any mechanic or that brand owners here who is familiar with such experience

What are the major parts and repairs concerning this issue? What is the estimate cost of repair pls?

I want to know before starting repair make mechanic no tell me Blu bla bla!
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Dozieson(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
clemz85:
Pls help a brother,
Very nice car

So pls any mechanic or that brand owners here who is familiar with such experience

What are the major parts and repairs concerning this issue? What is the estimate cost of repair pls?

More like camshaft issue. To get it right, you need to buy a new camshaft or high grade toks not cheap shit. And get a good mech that can set timing very well

5 Likes

Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Greatest100(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Its your camshaft thats bad Get it replaced with with a new one and your engine will be fine.
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Angrygoat: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2022
I will advice you,sell the engine for 100k 1st,then add money to buy another one. If u dare repair it,it will never be like tokunbo. U will keep repairing and repairing till mechanic go ban u from him shop under tree.sell the engine and buy another one or sell the car amd buy fresh toks. If u attempt to repair it,u go hail. Even ypur mechanic will tell u to buy another one or repair it. Him go chop u pa

1 Like

Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clinician2x: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2022
Your tappets also known as hydraulic lifters have been starved of oil and are worn. Nigerian mechanics don't usually change tappets so you're advice to buy complete tokunbo top. If you change just the camshaft problem will remain.
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Angrygoat: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Buy another engine. Pls listen to me now. OK o
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Emmy000seun(m): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
In some cases, not that it's bad, but if the camshaft is not firm, (not tight or shaking)it might give you such ridiculous sound, so the best is look for competent mechanic to open the engine top and if it's shaking then don't need to totally change it just permanent it.. normally they can tight it but the best option is to take it to a welder then they will use their light to permanent it..and that's all, the sound comes back to normal..thanks
clemz85:
Pls help a brother,
Very nice car

1 Like

Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clemz85(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2022
Emmy000seun:
In some cases, not that it's bad, but if the camshaft is not firm, (not tight or shaking)it might give you such ridiculous sound, so the best is look for competent mechanic to open the engine top and if it's shaking then don't need to totally change it just permanent it.. normally they can tight it but the best option is to take it to a welder then they will use their light to permanent it..and that's all, the sound comes back to normal..thanks

This is what just happened, loosed head bolt, that's the big head camshaft,

Thanks brother
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clemz85(m): 12:26am On Dec 14, 2022
clinician2x:
Your tappets also known as hydraulic lifters have been starved of oil and are worn. Nigerian mechanics don't usually change tappets so you're advice to buy complete tokunbo top. If you change just the camshaft problem will remain.

Wow!
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Dozieson(m): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2022
clemz85:

This is what just happened, loosed head bolt, that's the big head camshaft,

Thanks brother

Hope you did not weld it. That is why it is called VVti
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clemz85(m): 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dozieson:

Hope you did not weld it. That is why it is called VVti

No I didn't, but the sound has still continue especially when I do 100kmh

If I park for some hours, it calms when I start again

Somebody mentioned tappets here, I would love to more info on that
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by clemz85(m): 7:01am On Dec 19, 2022
Emmy000seun:

Have idea how much is the top?
Re: HELP: Toyota Camry 2.4 by Emmy000seun(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2022
The top will be within 40-50k.. if it's 4plug tho!! Get it from people that buy busher cars, they will get dismember part of the engine..so just the top..but let your mechanic get it for you..or let the person you are getting it from be trusted person so you can have a deal if it's not working well then you can change it..
clemz85:

Have idea how much is the top?

(1) (Reply)

Suv (sport Utility Vehicle) / Can One Replace A Nissan Maxima V6 Engine With A 4 Plug Engine? / Credible Driving School In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.