Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends (12845 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / Bauchi Presidential Rally Was Attacked By PDP Supporters - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2011
President Attacked By Facebook Friends.

The sponsors of Boko Haram are winning. Even GEJ's 'friends' and supporters , peeved by the inactions of a man too compromised to act,  are turning on him and losing faith in his leadership ability.

Another friend, Da Thinka, wrote “We are tired of all these talks. Show us one person that has been convicted since the bombings started. Please I voted for you and your inaction and slow motion approach to things embarrass me all the time because those that didn’t vote for you laugh at me.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201108291242423

President attacked by Facebook friends
By Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja
Monday, 29 Aug 2011

President Goodluck Jonathan has come under heavy criticism from Nigerians over the Friday suicide bombing at the United Nations Building, Abuja that left no fewer than 18 persons dead and several others injured.

More of the criticism came from some of his friends on the social network site, Facebook.

Jonathan stirred up the hornet’s nest when he updated his status on the site shortly after inspecting the building on Saturday.

He wrote, “I just returned from a visit to the UN building which was the object of an attack by a suicide bomber. Again, I commiserate with the victims and their families.

“I had wanted to give enough time for rescue efforts to go on and did not want my presence to interfere with those efforts which is why I have visited today (Saturday) rather than yesterday (Friday).

“One thing is very clear, a terrorist attack on any individual or any group is a terrorist attack on the rest of the world, it is not just about the UN office in Nigeria. We will work with the UN and world leaders. Of course, many of them have contacted me between yesterday and today and we are cooperating in an effort to tackle this global scourge. GEJ”

No sooner had he pasted the message than comments started pouring in from his friends.

At press time, the president’s status had attracted 4,264 comments.

While some either commended him or advised him to step up efforts aimed at stemming the tide, many did not spare him in their open criticism.

[b]One Abdullahi Yusuf opened the flood gate when he wrote, “It’s unfortunate that we have you as our leader, and we pray God will give us a good leader soon, not incompetent, weak, uncarismatic (sic) person like you, even though we know what happen (sic) at the polls.”

Another friend of the President, Teacher-Omole Davidson, wrote, “All it takes evil to happen is for good people to stand aloof and do nothing (David Hume, 1711 - 1776). This translates into saying that your government is to blame for all security breaches and loss of innocent lives nationwide.”

One DonVop P. V. Ovrawah wrote, “Bros, you are correct but not right; this is a domestic terror inclusively targeting foreign and international body, in which you have to take the bull by the horn by arresting those sponsoring them without any fear if really no one is above the law.

“Don’t also forget that all these problems started with political-robbery and later armed robbery, militancy, kidnapping, Boko haram, and finally the rising MASSOB and OPC is also on the verge. Don’t allow the Nigeria entity fall in your turn. The main people behind these problems are paradoxically known by Nigerians and are also believed to be better known by you sir, Mr. President.”

Amos Odetayo also wrote, “It’s a great problem to live in fear, it’s greater to witness mass death, and it’s greatest to live with terrorists. Mr. President, you need no prophet to tell you that we have no security, including your excellency sir, in Nigeria. If God has made you our president, then go back to Him for solution to the problem of Boko Haram. Thank you sir.”

Another friend, Da Thinka, wrote “We are tired of all these talks. Show us one person that has been convicted since the bombings started. Please I voted for you and your inaction and slow motion approach to things embarrass me all the time because those that didn’t vote for you laugh at me.”

A particular friend, Dayo Temi Irawo, went a step further by indicting the president for the spate of bombings and asking for his resignation.

He wrote, “Mr., you are the cause of all these and I will tell u why. When these people killed those innocent students, you did nothing to apprehend the perpetrators, so they thought they could do more havoc, can you please resign pls!”

Ikechukwu Onyechi summed up all the comments when he wrote, “Mr. President, the many comments above have said my mind. I hope you hear and read them. You are the C-in-C, do everything patriotic to restore public confidence.”[/b]
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by slimghost(m): 10:56am On Aug 29, 2011
Yes i accept. the man is 2 weak but thats no excuse for taking innocent lives. IMO, GEJ should resign if he feels he is too compromised to tackle these bastards sponsoring these apes.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2011
Sir, please resign. I am tired of your blank smiles.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by NET1(m): 11:01am On Aug 29, 2011
Honestly, I am beginning to think I made a fatal mistake by voting GEJ into office. Please, is there no way we can recall him? I thought he could be the answer to the problems of the country, but I guess I was wrong.

I ask one more time: Is there no constitutional method of recalling our oga (GEJ) from Aso rock? Don't tell me to wait till 2015!

.NET
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:01am On Aug 29, 2011
slimghost:

Yes i accept. the man is 2 weak but thats no excuse for taking innocent lives. IMO, GEJ should resign if he feels he is too compromised to tackle these bastards sponsoring these apes.

I agree totally. I am personally sickened by this political cat and mouse game between GEJ and his "born to rule" enemies that is shedding the blood of innocent folks.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by 190smh: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2011
GOODLUCK JONANTHAN REMINDS ME OF RANGO  undecided
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by adamabdul: 11:10am On Aug 29, 2011
@Gbawe WHO ARE THE SPONSORS OF BOKO HARAM(NAMES PLS)?
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Donmeca(m): 11:12am On Aug 29, 2011
When two elephants fight. . .

Just like in d movies!
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by wesley80(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2011
I'm sure non of you has seen Obama's FB page. You think these are criticisms? They can barely speak English and are struggling to communicate, these guys still dey learn! Anyway it's a huge credit to Gej that ordinary citizens can reach out to him and be heard, I wonder if it would have been thesame if we had the intolerant duo of Buhari or Ribadu in power. I really can not blame an 'Abdulahi' for insulting the President on his facebook page, its not his fault!
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Orikinla(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2011
Were they not attacking me before the last presidential election when I chastised them for failing to even realize that the main issue of the 2011 Presidential Election was SECURITY and not "I AM GOODLUCK JONATHAN".

The BAD LUCK PRESIDENT GOODLUCK HAS BROUGHT TO ABUJA SINCE HE BECAME PRESIDENT IS THE WORSE SINCE NIGERIA BECAME INDEPENDENT FROM BRITISH COLONIAL RULE IN 1960.

MAY GOD INTERVENE TO SAVE NIGERIA FROM HYPOCRISY AND POLITICAL PETTINESS.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Donbrig: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2011
Sometimes when people refer to most Nigerians as fools or the most gullible people to rule on earth, we seem not to understand. We gladly voted for the wrong man at a very critical time. We should not complain because we are only getting what we bargained for, I swear, had it been Buhari or Ribadu won, things would have been more better. Nigerians dont only have a weak president, but a crippled one.  More years of weak leadership till 2015 and hope not to miss a good chance to elect the right president regardless of his religion or the part of the country he is from.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2011
Buhari is better than GEJ i know that from on set, people voted GEJ sentimentally
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2011
You people voted for him and he promised fresh air, please enjoy cos you will rather decide your future on sentiments than common sense.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2011
wesley80:

I'm sure non of you has seen Obama's FB page. You think these are criticisms? They can barely speak English and are struggling to communicate, these guys still dey learn! Anyway it's a huge credit to Gej that ordinary citizens can reach out to him and be heard, I wonder if it would have been thesame if we had the intolerant duo of Buhari or Ribadu in power. I really can not blame an 'Abdulahi' for insulting the President on his facebook page, its not his fault!

When we then accuse you of bigotry you will feign pious annoyance. Did you not see Omole Davidson, P. V. Ovrawah, Amos Odetayo, Dayo Temi Irawo and Ikechukwu Onyechi writing about their unhappiness with GEJ? Yet , conveniently, you only focus on Abdullahi.

My brother, people like you are of no use in times of crisis because you only stoke the fire of ethnic hatred instead of encouraging folks to look at issues dispassionately . GEJ is not up to the job because he is far too compromised to act . That is the simple truth. Several successful bombings of the State Capitial yet no one brought to book yet and no security Chiefs have been made accountable. Where else do you see this in the world except failed Nations where leaders are no longer in control?  In the face of all this you can only round on Northerner Abdullahi? I wonder why ?
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2011
how dare u slowpoke insult GEJ who gave u d avenue to air ur views? Instead of u guys to think constructively and suggest ways of curbin d boko haram menance, u r insultin goodluck? U all will be shocked to d amazement of d disappearance of our president's fb page! U just insulted d only chance for u to be heard. I will nt be surprised if more than half of his friends are buhari's loyalist. Smh.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by luluosas(m): 11:29am On Aug 29, 2011
So, in the face of mounting insecurity in Nigeria, and GEJ seems helpless, what do we then do? If we call for revolution now, some people will call us GEJ haters. What can we do now my people?
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2011
Boyloaf:

how dare u slowpoke insult GEJ[b] who gave u d avenue to air your views?[/b] Instead of u guys to think constructively and suggest ways of curbin d boko haram menance, u r insultin goodluck? U all will be shocked to d amazement of d disappearance of our president's fb page! U just insulted d only chance for u to be heard. I will nt be surprised if more than half of his friends are buhari's loyalist. Smh.

Mumu !!! You are the slowpoke who must have been cryogenically frozen for the past 20 years !!! Can you not see what is happening worldwide whereby , as it should be , leaders are becoming more accountable to the people? Only a Nigerian will talk in favour of dictatorship and a disregard for the electorate today only to then begin pretending they want less destructive elitism tomorrow. We are the boss of GEJ and not the other way round even if Nigerian leaders have bastardized that very important concept of democracy. Get that simple concept into your thick skull.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 29, 2011
Gbawe:

Mumu !!! You are the slowpoke who must have been cryogenically frozen for the past 20 years !!! Can you not see what is happening worldwide whereby , as it should be , leaders are becoming more accountable to the people? Only a Nigerian will talk in favour of dictatorship and a disregard for the electorate today only to then begin pretending they want less destructive elitism tomorrow. We are the boss of GEJ and not the other way round even if Nigerian leaders have bastardized that very important concept of democracy. Get that simple concept into your thick skull. 
mumu,na today dem born u? Where were u durin obj,buhari,abacha era? Una fit talk at all then? Wen u see beta tin u nor fit recognise am? I dey shame for u.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by alldone(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2011
He should just remove d security chiefs, ad find others that can do the job
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 11:45am On Aug 29, 2011
Why are they opposing my president when I just started supporting him?

What sort of nonsense is this? They should not cause badluck for somebody o angry

I support my president. He's a gentleman.

I did not "put ya hand for umblerra" but I like my Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2011
Boyloaf:

mumu,na today dem born u? Where were u durin obj era? Una fit talk at all then?

Bigot !!! Who told you I did not "talk at all then" ? Look around Nairaland to see who one of the biggest critic of OBJ is. Unlike you , I don't do partisanship. A bad leader is a bad leader even if he comes from my household.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 29, 2011
The insult vocabulary of NLers are cretin and bigot. I am sick of reading it
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Kx: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2011
Poor GEJ, he tot his followers in fb would buy those innocent looking smilesand unending excuses and blame games.
Next time, he ll think twixe b4 posting jack in his fb page.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Pukkah: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
Which sincere and independent-minded Nigerian won't get exasperated with Mr Jonathan's unending pussyfooting and endless inaction?  We are talking about lives here!
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by reindeer: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
With each passing day, the man GEJ confirms how useless he is to the Nigerian cause.
He is incapable of leading a local government.
With each passing day, more and more of those who votef for him are realising their errors, the smart ones are accepting they made a mistake, the very mumu ones refuse to accept their errors. Thed only question is when the chips are down, will these mumu flies follow dead body enter grave.
GEJ is a mistake in time, an error we hope wont undo the nation.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by wesley80(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Gbawe:

When we then accuse you of bigotry you will feign pious annoyance. Did you not see Omole Davidson, P. V. Ovrawah, Amos Odetayo, Dayo Temi Irawo and Ikechukwu Onyechi writing about their unhappiness with GEJ? Yet , conveniently, you only focus on Abdullahi.

My brother, people like you are of no use in times of crisis because you only stoke the fire of ethnic hatred instead of encouraging folks to look at issues dispassionately . GEJ is not up to the job because he is far too compromised to act . That is the simple truth. Several successful bombings of the State Capitial yet no one brought to book yet and no security Chiefs have been made accountable. Where else do you see this in the world except failed Nations where leaders are no longer in control?  In the face of all this you can only round on Northerner Abdullahi? I wonder why ?

This is evidence that your brain has become atrophied by hate. You really are completely shameless and so often your vain attempt to appear altruistic is betrayed by your obvious foolishness and deep rooted sadistic intentions.
Which of those other comments qualifies to be called an 'insult' on the person of the president? Is it not curious that an 'Abdulahi' whose kinsmen are responsible for the ongoing carnage in the country was the only one that threw expletives at the president? You can only foool slowpokes like yourself, the hate and desperation in you is obvious and you'll stop at nothing to be perceived as being an innocent critic including whipping up the worse of sentiments, but beyond your feeble altruistic facade lies your true disgusting self! SHAME ON YOU.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by omoalaro: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2011
GEJ is very predictable in time of crisis, he will come out late, say something like "we are on top of it and will deal with the perpetrators of this crisis", go back to sleep praying silently that the problem will go away.
This is what you get when you give the job of a man to a boy. GEJ was unprepared for the job and it is not the kind of job that allow you to learn on it. This is why Nigeria like a vehicle is fast moving down the ditch and our driver appear not to know where the brake is.
This is the result of a well calculated punishment unleashed on us by OBJ for denying him a third term- Putting together two very weak leaders- who will consider themselves too lucky to be there and would not challenge him in anything. OBJ wants us to look back in time and regret our affront to his third term gambit by saying "how we wish it was OBJ".
We endorse OBJ game plan by voting GEJ and we are in for it until 2015. We should be patient, afterall, people like Oritsejafor are already making excuses for GEJ in case he fails. Blame it on Northern leaders.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by adamabdul: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
@gbawe am stil waiting for my answer WHO ARE THE SPONSORS OF BOKO HARAM?
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by zaza1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nigeria is not in a position to catch anybody, a country where we cannot find people via finger prints,no cctv,no criminal records,no intelligence reports on boko haram cells, the police is always waiting for a tip off before they can act, we are in big trouble in this country, we have no leadership, we all provide our water and light ourselves and you want to catch bombers, they should all resign cos all our leaders are a bunch of crooks
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
wesley80:

This is evidence that your brain has become atrophied by hate. You really are completely shameless and so often your vain attempt to appear altruistic is betrayed by your obvious foolishness and deep rooted sadistic intentions.
Which of those other comments qualifies to be called an 'insult' on the person of the president? Is it not curious that an 'Abdulahi' whose kinsmen are responsible for the ongoing carnage in the country was the only one that threw expletives at the president? You can only foool slowpokes like yourself, the hate and desperation in you is obvious and you'll stop at nothing to be perceived as being an innocent critic including whipping up the worse of sentiments, but beyond your feeble altruistic facade lies your true disgusting self! SHAME ON YOU.mised to act . That is the simple truth. Several successful bombings of the State Capitial yet no one brought to book yet and no security Chiefs have been made accountable. Where else do you see this in the world except failed Nations where leaders are no longer in control?  In the face of all this you can only round on Northerner Abdullahi? I wonder why ?

Which of those other comments qualifies to be called an 'insult' on the person of the president? Is it not curious that an 'Abdulahi' whose kinsmen are responsible for the ongoing carnage in the country was the only one that threw expletives at the president? You can only foool slowpokes like yourself, the hate and desperation in you is obvious and you'll stop at nothing to be perceived as being an innocent critic including whipping up the worse of sentiments, but beyond your feeble altruistic facade lies your true disgusting self! SHAME ON YOU.

Why are you copying and pasting twice? Are you borrowing materials from elsewhere? You can foam at the mouth all you want and talk about "hate" as much as you want . You claim others "hate" GEJ yet you cannot fathom that you are too far gone in your blind support of him to see that he is clearly compromised to the point of gross ineffectiveness .

When Nigerians begin to die , then that becomes a problem for sensible adults , not blinded by ethnic bigotry, to deliberate on. You are just an emotional crybaby and partisan apologist to boot. If not you will not continue this foolish attempt to demonize Abdullahi. You do so because you are a bigot. There is nothing Abdullahi writes that has not being written on Nairaland by members from all walks of life. Abdullahi writes nothing particularly insulting when most neutral observers can concede that it may be an angry Nigerian venting against the sheer incompetence and inaction of a compromised President leading to the death of Innocent Nigerians.

One Abdullahi Yusuf opened the flood gate when he wrote, “It’s unfortunate that we have you as our leader, and we pray God will give us a good leader soon, not incompetent, weak, uncarismatic (sic) person like you, even though we know what happen (sic) at the polls.”
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by JamesPal: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
The only two English word our Interim President / Caretaker know in this whole wide world is "Amnesty" and "Commiserate". All he do is provide Amnesty  and Commiserate with families of Victims.

Even when he visit site of attack, the looks on his face always shows he doesn't even understand all the explanation they give him but i don't blame him, i blame all the Nigerians that voted largely on Sentiments.

To all who voted for Our Interim President / Caretaker, i say thank you all for all you have done, your collective efforts have landed us all in this state on insecurity, anarchy, deaths, judicial breakdown and falling economy.

May all the bloods of those who have been killed innocently since May 29th, 2011 be on your heads.

God would hear our cry and liberate his people.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by friedrice1: 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
I wont be surprised to find out tomorrow that Jonathan is the one actually sponsoring these bombings
against his presidency. he's actually that dull.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Can’t Stop Us From Oil Search- Unimaid VC / Climate Clock Appoints Anyaduba Chukwuebuka Director Of Projects / Oshiomhole: Tinubu Is The Only Candidate That Has "Addressed" His Plan Of Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.