Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,750 members, 7,862,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Umeh: I’ll Speak For South East In The Senate – Thisday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umeh: I’ll Speak For South East In The Senate – Thisday (146 Views)

CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes / ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report / Kaduna: Atiku Wins Kaura LG - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Umeh: I’ll Speak For South East In The Senate – Thisday by Ukpaka: 7:54am On Dec 08, 2022
Umeh: I’ll Speak for South East in the Senate – ThisDay
https://247ureports.com/2022/12/umeh-ill-speak-for-south-east-in-the-senate-thisday/
-
Summarily, my desire to go back to the Senate is to go and continue contributing in national debate on the things that will make governance in Nigeria very efficient, through the process of lawmaking. The National Assembly can make laws that can make governance good, because anything the parliament does not approve, the executive cannot implement. The President no matter what he wants to do and the National Assembly says no, he will not be able to do it, it is the National Assembly that will bring about checks and balances.

Nigeria as presently constituted needs a very strong and virile National Assembly that is very conscious of impact in the lives of the people, so when government is not living up to expectation, the parliament should intervene.

So, we need very strong representation from the South East, not just Anambra Central, that is why when I was in the parliament, my eyes were everywhere, looking at the activities of government, and how they impacted on the people of the South East, either through neglect or marginalization.

(1) (Reply)

Customizable Flag Banner 2022 / End Time / Political Messi$di Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.