Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri (2398 Views)

Obiano Donates Patrol Cars To Police In Anambra (Photos) / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by OAM4J: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2011
Eid-el-Fitri: FRSC begins special patrol nationwide

ABUJA-As part of measures to ensure sanity on the highways during this year’s Eid-el-Fitri, Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, yesterday commenced a nationwide special patrol, to curb the spate of avoidable road crashes usually associated with surge of human and vehicular traffic across the country.

The patrol exercise tagged ‘Operation Barka Da Sallah is slated to take off from today August 29 to September 5 2011.

FRSC Corps Marshal and Chief Executive, Osita Chidoka, while speaking on the Sallah special patrol said the nationwide exercise forms part of the Corps’ sustained efforts to build a consistent tradition of enforcing traffic rules and regulations throughout the year to avoid a one-off approach to road safety management in Nigeria.

According to him: “The Sallah patrol is a build up on last Easter’s special patrol to address traffic peculiarities associated with the festive seasons.”

He said, “road accidents are avoidable and only obedience to road use best practices will guaranty safety of all road user’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/eid-el-fitri-frsc-begins-special-patrol-nationwide/
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by stechi(m): 11:44am On Aug 29, 2011
Please have FRSC started issuing the new Driver's License?
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by Luka316(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
@stechi, yes they have started, but the issue is that, they are only dealing with those that are renewing their old one's(i.e if u have one before) for the new applicants they promise that, they would start issueing since June, 2011, but my brother you know niaja na, na story they just give, so for now i cant say when they would start for fresh applicants.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by stechi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
Na wa oo.
I went thru their PDF document online that detailed the procedure for the new issuance and my broda, the protocol no be small thing.
We are good at creating lovely and commendable ideas and concepts but implementation and maintenance is a problem.
If till date, they are still handling only renewal, what do they want people like me that is making fresh application and have vehicles to drive, to do.
The last time I visited their office at 7up, the officer that attended to me told me,from 16th August they would start issuance only for me to call her on the 21st and she said they are yet to start, Na wa oo!!!
And their site is for application is not working once you get to the last stage of the online application.
No document to be issued to us, to present to these hungry policemen that keeps disturbing one on the road, IMAGINE!!!.
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by Luka316(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
my brother "NIAJA FACTOR" as they use to called it. i dont know when this country will get better. The new drivers licence is a loudable idea but some people are playing politics with it.
Now imagine, i dont have a drivers licence and i went to FRSC office to get one, they told me to wait for the new one to start(i.e for fresh applicants) and everytime iam driving on the road this hungry police are just their to collect money from me. "My brother i don tire" for me to do the old drivers licence(which is even hard and somehow imposilbe to get) they are saying that i would come back by February, 2012 to convert it back to the new one(which i would still pay)

I THINK THEIR IS POLITICS IN THIS NEW DRIVER LICENCE.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by juman(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
So what is their problem in issuieing the driving licence. They are very useless people. What is their leader doing on it?
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by stechi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
Luka316:

my brother "NIAJA FACTOR" as they use to called it. i dont know when this country will get better. The new drivers licence is a loudable idea but some people are playing politics with it.
Now imagine, i dont have a drivers licence and i went to FRSC office to get one, they told me to wait for the new one to start(i.e for fresh applicants) and everytime iam driving on the road this hungry police are just their to collect money from me. "My brother i don tire" for me to do the old drivers licence(which is even hard and somehow imposilbe to get) they are saying that i would come back by February, 2012 to convert it back to the new one(which i would still pay)

I THINK THEIR IS POLITICS IN THIS NEW DRIVER LICENCE.

and honestly, no temporary document issued to people like us to use while driving pending when they start attending to us, NAIJA FACTOR INDEED.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by Gbenge77(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
Because the FRSC used to be incorruptible,Nigerian drivers dreaded them.However,that is no longer the case.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 30, 2011
what features does the new driver's license have?
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by N101: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2011
To stechi, Luka315 and others

Technically speaking, when you apply for a new driver's licence, they're supposed to issue you with a receipt - yes, you have to drive around with a receipt.  I did hear a FRSC official say this on radio that you will be able to drive around with this in lieu of a licence, so if police are harassing you then they obviously know that you aren't aware you're not "illegal" (as if the average Nigerian policeman cares about what is legal!)

The alternative is to get a drivers permit from your local LCDA or the nearest office that issues them in your area.  You will find however that you will probably have to pay twice as much for it as this delay in bringing out the new driver's licences meant that people have had to resort to getting a permit in order to conform to law.

The online form has been faulty from day one, I tried filling it in for someone and you always get stuck on the last option.  This was months ago and I see they still haven't bothered to correct it.

As for whether they've started issuing driving licences I don't know.  I know someone who was waiting for his since early February 2011, when they finally got one a few weeks ago it wasn't the new one.  Don't ask me what happened there, my understanding is that the materials for the new licence hadn't yet been issued.  If they have  been issued now it's no time too soon, imagine withdrawing materials since February and six months later still nothing properly put in place.
Re: Frsc Begins Special Patrol Nationwide For Eid-el-fitri by stechi(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
N101:

To stechi, Luka315 and others

Technically speaking, when you apply for a new driver's licence, they're supposed to issue you with a receipt - yes, you have to drive around with a receipt.  I did hear a FRSC official say this on radio that you will be able to drive around with this in lieu of a licence, so if police are harassing you then they obviously know that you aren't aware you're not "illegal" (as if the average Nigerian policeman cares about what is legal!)

The alternative is to get a drivers permit from your local LCDA or the nearest office that issues them in your area.  You will find however that you will probably have to pay twice as much for it as this delay in bringing out the new driver's licences meant that people have had to resort to getting a permit in order to conform to law.

The online form has been faulty from day one, I tried filling it in for someone and you always get stuck on the last option.  This was months ago and I see they still haven't bothered to correct it.

As for whether they've started issuing driving licences I don't know.  I know someone who was waiting for his since early February 2011, when they finally got one a few weeks ago it wasn't the new one.  Don't ask me what happened there, my understanding is that the materials for the new licence hadn't yet been issued.  If they have  been issued now it's no time too soon, imagine withdrawing materials since February and six months later still nothing properly put in place. 

Thanks for you detailed info,but my visit to the FRSC office as I earlier mentioned was met with a direct response from the FRSC officer specifically telling me when I demanded for a proof of application or pending application clearance document,that I should not bother but continue with my driving with ease of mind and worrying less about any disturbance from any law enforcement officer.

The bottom-line for me is, when are they going to start issuing the new licenses?

(1) (Reply)

10 Insane Conspiracy Theories About The New World Order / The Origin And Meaning Of Buhari's Baboon And Dog Blood Refrence / Kebbi Governor Slaps His ADC In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.