Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win (1200 Views)

Danish TV Station Equates Moroccan Footballers To Monkeys. / Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! / Morocco V Belgium: Riot Erupts As Moroccan Fans Flip Cars, Celebrate Famous Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by olatade(m): 3:56am On Dec 09, 2022
Morocco star Sofaine Boufal was at the center of controversy after failing to acknowledge Africa during a post-match interview after their historic win over Spain.

On Tuesday, the Atlas Lions sent shock waves throughout the African continent after knocking out Spain 3-0 in the round of 16 post-match penalties at Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan.

Abdelhamid Sabiri, Hakim Ziyech, and Achraf Hakimi slotted home their spot kicks while Spain remarkably failed to score from their three penalty kicks taken as Morocco’s Sevilla goalkeeper Yaccine Bounou saved Carlos Soler and Sergio Busquets kicks while Pablo Sarabia hit the bar.

In the process, Morocco became the fourth African nation in the history of the World Cup to qualify for the quarter-final.

In a comment after their surprise victory over Spain, Boufal told international media that their win was for the Arab world.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/football/article/2001462714/moroccon-player-boufal-apologizes-to-africans-after-saying-moroccos-win-is-for-arabs-and-moroccans

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by God1000(m): 4:29am On Dec 09, 2022
I've already withdrawn my support for Morocco

3 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by Nwodosis(m): 4:50am On Dec 09, 2022
God1000:
They are Arabs in the continent of Africa. Truth dey pain shaa

3 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by tsephanyah(f): 5:37am On Dec 09, 2022
Good. Negros only know how to fck like animals. Backward in everything except crimes. Lowlifes

4 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:51am On Dec 09, 2022
But let's be sincere that win was for Africa,the Arab world and also underdogs. So don't let us take it out of context.

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by grandstar(m): 6:00am On Dec 09, 2022
Nwodosis:

They are Arabs in the continent of Africa. Truth dey pain shaa

Racially speaking most North Africans aren't pure Arabs. Being Arab has more to do with culture than with race.

North Africans are closer to Berbers than the are to pure Arabs like those in Saudi Arabia or in Qatar. Berbers are those very light-skinned people from Niger you see begging for arms in Lagos.

Even in Gulf Arab countries, many so called pure ones might have traces of South Asian, Caucasian and even black blood. The Arabs had slaves from these races and it was routine for these slaves to be sexually abused and produce mixed children. The previous Omani sultan had very strong black features.

If truth be said, they don't see themselves as Africans and neither do we. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by Urheadmaster(m): 6:16am On Dec 09, 2022
God1000:

One thing I am sure is that, Morocco might not get to finish the world cup with a trophy tongue
Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by kpakpankolo: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2022
who cares

i just sit down dey enjoy all shocks that is coming out of this world cup
Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by WibusJaga: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2022

It was Africa that presented them the platform to play in the WC so failing to acknowledge Africa was wrong.

But fact is, an average North African owes more allegiance to, & prefers to be identified with the Arab world rather than with the rest of sub-saharan black Africa. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by phemmyfour: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2022
God1000:
They are first Arab before Africans.

Luck has helped them this far....I don't see them going past Portugal

2 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by Mercury12(m): 7:09am On Dec 09, 2022
That one nah your headache.

You part of the African team.
Except you ready to move your land to the middle east part of the world until then you still will win trophies for Africa and every thing you do ties to Africa. Get that to your demented skull.

Logic is sweet vawulence devoid of stupid emotions cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by Joebayo217: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2022
Spain gives this Morocco team hope Portugal gats smash dat hope
Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by Kipaji: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2022
Many people in Northern Africa do not consider themselves African. They see themselves as Arabs who happened to be geographically located in a continent called Africa.
Remember that Arabs came into Africa through invasion, terrorism, and imperialism. So, many of them do not relate to African culture, especially those in Northern countries. Did you know that there is anti-black racism in Maghreb?
Let me ask you, except from geographical location, what about Moroccan today relate to true African culture and tradition? Nothing.
What Boufal did was straight disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by yinkkus: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2022
grandstar:

Racially speaking most North Africans aren't pure Arabs. Being Arab has more to do with culture than with race.

North Africans are closer to Berbers than the are to pure Arabs like those in Saudi Arabia or in Qatar. Berbers are those very light-skinned people from Niger you see begging for arms in Lagos.

Even in Gulf Arab countries, many so called pure ones might have traces of South Asian, Caucasian and even black blood. The Arabs had slaves from these races and it was routine for these slaves to be sexually abused and produce mixed children. The previous Omani sultan had very strong black features.

If truth be said, they don't see themselves as Africans and neither do we. grin grin

They are Africans by their location and Arabs by race (even with some mixed - gene ), if they like it or not, that's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by grandstar(m): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
yinkkus:

They are Africans by their location and Arabs by race (even with some mixed - gene ), if they like it or not, that's the fact.

That's very true. Black African countries need to do much better to be accorded the respect we black Africans deserve.

The state of most of their economies isn't much to write home about. Libya is extremely dependent on oil and its much poorer than the rich gulf economies like Saudi or Oman.

For Egypt, Nigerias per capita in one would have exceeded that of Egypt if Bubu did not mess up.

Algerias economy is crappy, with very high unemployment and with too many subsidies draining the public purse.

Tunisias and Morrocco are probably the 2 best run economies. However, Tunisia suffers from high unemployment and its economy is growing slowly.

Only Morrocco has the opportunity to become a rich and prosperous country. It even manufactures cars and exports to the EU. There's a lot going for it.

If Bubu hadn't messed up big time, I'm sure Nigeria per capita income would have matched all the above countries or even surpassed them. Only Libya is exempt as its per capita is quite high.

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by yinkkus: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
grandstar:

That's very true. Black African countries need to do much better to be accorded the respect we black Africans deserve.

The state of most of their economies isn't much to write home about. Libya is extremely dependent on oil and its much poorer than the rich gulf economies like Saudi or Oman.

For Egypt, Nigerias per capita in one would have exceeded that of Egypt if Bubu did not mess up.

Algerias economy is crappy, with very high unemployment and with too many subsidies draining the public purse.

Tunisias and Morrocco are probably the 2 best run economies. However, Tunisia suffers from high unemployment and its economy is growing slowly.

Only Morrocco has the opportunity to become a rich and prosperous country. It even manufactures cars and exports to the EU. There's a lot going for it.

If Bubu hadn't messed up big time, I'm sure Nigeria per capita income would have matched all the above countries or even surpassed them. Onl y Libya is exempt as its per capita is quite high.

Your commentary is good.

‘’Black‘’ Africans have to do better in all ramifications.

Their leaders have been so bad even before bubu and beyond bubu, this is the reason the west or media associate problems with our region specifically ‘’SUB - SAHARAN AFRICA‘’ this is the region with all sorts of problems, only some Southern Africa countries can compare with North Africa.
Re: Moroccan Player Sofaine Boufal Apologizes To Africans After Saying Morocco's Win by justicechichex: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Apologies or not, they're still part of africa. They cannot run from it.

(1) (Reply)

Www.footballarena..com / Deos Any Body Knw A Billiards/pool/snookers Association In Nigeira? / Emirates Cup: Arsenal Vs Benfica.(4:30pm Today)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.