Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,786 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled (2280 Views)

The Real Truth Why Olumba Olumba Church Does Not Call Jesus Christ While Praying / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by tctrills: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

I understand the angle you are coming from. But you also know false prophets by their fruits. And Jesus doesn't fit into that category.

In addition, false Prophet lie deliberately and usually get the source of their power from strange gods. Our Lord Jesus also doesn't fit into that category.

It's like you don't understand prophecy.
Prophecy is not about saying anything that comes to your mind. It is about saying what has been revealed to you.
Prophecy is not guess work. It is more accurate than mathematics.
Jesus Christ will not reveal something that was not given him by the Father.
All of Jesus Christ prophecies are 100% accurate.
Jesus Christ said, I came not to do my will but the will of the Father. Do you really think he would give prophecies independent of the Father's will?
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2022
Thortp:
How you arrive at this conclusion amazed me.

You should also back it with a bible passage showing Jesus prophesies were not fulfilled.

Don't you know Jesus speaks in parables? So what happened to he who drinks from the living water will thirst no more?

The first he said wasn't fulfilled was fulfilled at mount of transfiguration. Peter, James and John saw Jesus in his full glory and desired to build three places of rest for Jesus, Elijah and Moses.
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by johnw47: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2022
paxonel:
must you resort to committing fallacies?

Put your premises in support of the point you are trying to make you can't.
Then the next thing, you are insulting grin

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

take the hint dope, i'm not going to continue conversation with fool,

johnw47:

well at least you know by all your posted emoticons that you are a laughing fool:
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Blue86(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Actually many of you saying that Jesus meant in figurative terms what He said in the first point to disprove His prophecies, are not right.
Neither is the op right either.

But what I would say to the op pertaining the point 1 he raised is to go and read the Maharishi of Mt kailash by Sadhu Selvaraj .

God bless you, and give you more understanding in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Thanksful:
The first he said wasn't fulfilled was fulfilled at mount of transfiguration. Peter, James and John saw Jesus in his full glory and desired to build three places of rest for Jesus, Elijah and Moses.
That is a lie! Jesus Christ did not COME in the glory of HIS KINGDOM at the Mount of transfiguration. All that happened at the mount was a change in His appearance. undecided
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Ken4Christ: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
tctrills:

It's like you don't understand prophecy.
Prophecy is not about saying anything that comes to your mind. It is about saying what has been revealed to you.
Prophecy is not guess work. It is more accurate than mathematics.
Jesus Christ will not reveal something that was not given him by the Father.
All of Jesus Christ prophecies are 100% accurate.
Jesus Christ said, I came not to do my will but the will of the Father. Do you really think he would give prophecies independent of the Father's will?

You are very correct. He got all prophecies right but the timing was wrong for the two I pointed out because of the church age.

It's just the way Daniel saw the 70 weeks of end time events. Daniel also didn't see the church age.

The prophecies up to the 69th week has been fulfilled. But the last week is interrupted because of the church age.
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by tctrills: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

You are very correct. He got all prophecies right but the timing was wrong for the two I pointed out because of the church age.

It's just the way Daniel saw the 70 weeks of end time events. Daniel also didn't see the church age.

The prophecies up to the 69th week has been fulfilled. But the last week is interrupted because of the church age.
What do you mean?
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by paxonel(m): 8:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
johnw47:

take the hint dope, i'm not going to continue conversation with fool,

you must be an idiotic religious fanatics.
Do you think you have the monopoly of insulting?
Try again
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by paxonel(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

It's true that there are so many anti Christ that has been operating on earth and there are still many more even on this forum. But Jesus is taking about a specific anti Christ who is revealed as the first beast in Revelation 13. He will rule in a confederalism of ten European countries and dominate the world for seven years.

Jesus has been coming and returning but I am talking about his visible return when he comes to establish his kingdom on earth and reign for 1,000 years.

When he ascended back, the angels told those who saw him;

Acts 1:11
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, SHALL SO COME IN LIKE MANNER as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Well, I don't blame your generation of Christians. I blame ministers who have turned churches into business centers. Instead of teaching and preaching the undiluted word of God, they focus on whatever they can do to get the crowd most of which don't know the Lord or his ways.
actually, the current day Christianity have deviated from how Paul and Jesus preached it
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by johnw47: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
paxonel:
you must be an idiotic religious fanatics.
Do you think you have the monopoly of insulting?
Try again

you take truth as insult, ok

but truly you are a laughing fool:

paxonel:

oh!
You want to see him coming in the clouds grin grin
Una die wella grin grin
grin
sky, fly, sky, fly grin

johnw47:

Mat 24:30  And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.

Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by paxonel(m): 3:07am On Dec 13, 2022
johnw47:

you take truth as insult
you are very stupid as old as you are for not being able to distinguish between the two .

Even if i was wrong in my opinion the lleast you could do was to rest your case and not go insulting just because i didn't accept your truth

but truly you are a laughing fool:
for saying you want to see him fly in the clouds?
una die wella

Do you hear yourself talking while speaking at all ?
Incase you are not familiar with pigin English spoken in some part of Africa, the term una die wella implies you were being deceived, now that isn't insult like saying you are stupid or something. grin

Since you didn't ask question but quick to
choose the path of insult foolishly, i will give you some. grin
You are good for nothing unstable religious idiot who needs emotional reset

take your preaching to the swine monkey.
Modernization don't need it
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by johnw47: 4:51am On Dec 13, 2022
paxonel:

for saying you want to see him fly in the clouds?

i didn't say i want to see Him fly in the clouds,
see how you add lies to your foolery:
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

paxonel:
you are very stupid
You are good for nothing
unstable
religious idiot
needs emotional reset
take your preaching to the swine monkey

grin

grin

Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by paxonel(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2022
johnw47:

i didn't say i want to see Him fly in the clouds
see how you add lies
lies what? grin
Na mucor dey your skull not brain o!

did i say you were the one that said it?

You quoted my statement "you want to see him fly in the sky " saying I'm a laughing fool for saying that. Hence, the comments below

You must be a very stupid fellow with no brain grin
read the statements below again and understand what you have said

Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by johnw47: 9:16am On Dec 13, 2022
paxonel:
lies what?
did i say you were the one that said it?
You quoted my statement "you want to see him fly in the sky "

u not only lie, u confused as hell too:

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

paxonea: Na mucor dey your skull not brain o!
You must be a very stupid fellow with no brain grin
grin

Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ken4Christ:
It's because of the present church age which was still a mystery at that time. The word mystery in this context means hidden secret. Before the death of Christ, salvation was only for the Jews because they were the only nation on earth in covenant relationship with God. At that time, the Gentiles had no covenant with God - Ephesians 2:12. So, salvation was not yet extended to the Gentiles. This is why Jesus instructed his disciples when he sent them out to preach; "... Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: BUT GO RATHER TO THE lost sheep of THE HOUSE of israel." (Matthew 10:5-6).

On another occasion, he said to the Canaanite woman who requested him to heal her daughter; "... I am not sent BUT UNTO THE lost sheep of THE HOUSE of israel."(Matthew 15:24). Salvation extended to the Gentiles after his death when the children of israel rejected him as their Messiah. Thus, it is written; "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." (John 1:11-12).

So, if not for the opportunity given to the Gentiles which constitutes the present day church, the prophecy would have been fulfilled within the specified time frame. Isreal as a nation is partially blind with respect to the salvation Jesus brought. The blindness will only be removed when God is through the Gentiles - Romans 11:25-26. We will look at the second prophecy tomorrow.
Where was this supposed opportunity given to gentiles and no longer to the lost sheep of Israel abeg? Why not read and digest the entirety of the Gospel as one rather than proceed with this pick-n-choose nonsense to makes a joke of your claims to believe? undecided

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that He was sent by God only to the lost sheep of Israel. He referred to those who belong to Him as sheep and even repeated the messages revealed by the Prophets that He would come to bring back the scattered sheep of Israel from exile. He restated on several occasions that He came to do the will of His father, a Will which was stated over and over by the prophets. So, why would Jesus Christ change His mind about carrying out the Will of His Father, and doing exactly that which He, the agreement of Peace, was sent to Israel for in the first place? undecided

Jesus Christ is God's agreement of peace, and He made clear, He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. Where are they to be found? They are scattered, cursed, and exiled by God Himself, across every tribe, every language, and every nation on this planet, hence they are also among the gentiles who Jesus Christ sent His followers out to under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth who is meant to lead each follower to only those who are among the lost sheep of Israel. What this means is that if you are not a lost sheep of Israel, you have no chance in Jesus Christ, and worse, your attempts to follow Him is in vain. If you think this isn't the case, then all you do is declare Jesus Christ a Liar! undecided
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Ken4Christ: 12:47am On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where was this supposed opportunity given to gentiles and no longer to the lost sheep of Israel abeg? Why not read and digest the entirety of the Gospel as one rather than proceed with this pick-n-choose nonsense to makes a joke of your claims to believe? undecided

Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that He was sent by God only to the lost sheep of Israel. He referred to those who belong to Him as sheep and even repeated the messages revealed by the Prophets that He would come to bring back the scattered sheep of Israel from exile. He restated on several occasions that He came to do the will of His father, a Will which was stated over and over by the prophets. So, why would Jesus Christ change His mind about carrying out the Will of His Father, and doing exactly that which He, the agreement of Peace, was sent to Israel for in the first place? undecided

Jesus Christ is God's agreement of peace, and He made clear, He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. Where are they to be found? They are scattered, cursed, and exiled by God Himself, across every tribe, every language, and every nation on this planet, hence they are also among the gentiles who Jesus Christ sent His followers out to under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth who is meant to lead each follower to only those who are among the lost sheep of Israel. What this means is that if you are not a lost sheep of Israel, you have no chance in Jesus Christ, and worse, your attempts to follow Him is in vain. If you think this isn't the case, then all you do is declare Jesus Christ a Liar! undecided

Evidence No 1

John 1:11-13
11. He came unto his own (the Jews), and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: note

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Evidence No 2

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you (the Jews): but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, WE TURN TO THE GENTILES.
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Dec 16, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Evidence No 1

John 1:11-13
11. He came unto his own (the Jews), and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: note

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2. Evidence No 2

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you (the Jews): but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, WE TURN TO THE GENTILES.
1. That is no evidence. That is simply a statement of what happened when Jesus Christ arrived in Judea 2000 years ago. The vast majority of those who are of the lost sheep of israel did not live even then in the land of Judea as instead God had already dispersed them to all corners of the earth even as at that point in time. In Isaiah 66, God in fact revealed that at the right time, He would put His mark on a few people - those chosen -- and then send them out into the world to go and teach His Truth to all those who are in exile, in order to facilitate the gathering back of the children of Israel from exile at the time of the resurrection. So this doctrine that claims that because Jesus Christ was not welcomed by the majority in Judea(the jews) means Jesus Christ was rejected by all of the lost sheep of israel is a lie that is born of ignorance of God's plan and Truth. undecided

2. Again, this is not evidence. The Lost sheep of israel are majorly not of the Jewish tribes. So given they have mingled with people of every tribe, every language and every nation, they are also gentiles. Are all gentiles of the lost sheep of israel? No! However, it is safe to conclude that after thousands of years in exile, many of those exiled from israel, that are to be gathered back by Jesus Christ are gentiles. undecided
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Truvelisback(m): 7:50am On Dec 16, 2022
Why these assumptions? Has the world ended yet?
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Truvelisback(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That is no evidence. That is simply a statement of what happened when Jesus Christ arrived in Judea 2000 years ago. The vast majority of those who are of the lost sheep of israel did not live even then in the land of Judea as instead God had already dispersed them to all corners of the earth even as at that point in time. In Isaiah 66, God in fact revealed that at the right time, He would put His mark on a few people - those chosen -- and then send them out into the world to go and teach His Truth to all those who are in exile, in order to facilitate the gathering back of the children of Israel from exile at the time of the resurrection. So this doctrine that claims that because Jesus Christ was not welcomed by the majority in Judea(the jews) means Jesus Christ was rejected by all of the lost sheep of israel is a lie that is born of ignorance of God's plan and Truth. undecided

2. Again, this is not evidence. The Lost sheep of israel are majorly not of the Jewish tribes. So given they have mingled with people of every tribe, every language and every nation, they are also gentiles. Are all gentiles of the lost sheep of israel? No! However, it is safe to conclude that after thousands of years in exile, many of those exiled from israel, that are to be gathered back by Jesus Christ are gentiles. undecided
He is right abt the Lost sheep of Isreal. Stop confusing urself.
Re: Hard Truth - Why Two Prophecies Of Jesus Were Unfulfilled by Kobojunkie: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
He is right abt the Lost sheep of Isreal. Stop confusing urself.
OP is right and Jesus Christ, the one who you claim is your savior is wrong, abi? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus Christ? / Israel Bone Discovery Could Upset Theories Of Human Origin / Is Having An Abortion A Sin After Being Molested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.