Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? (752 Views)

Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? / An Average Home Monthly Expenses: / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2022
I’m a single guy with no girlfriend and I leave alone. However, I’m really worried about my monthly expenses. In fact since last year, my monthly expenses has been N430k on average, and this is making it hard to safe for bigger projects.

The year has come to an end, I don’t want to continue like this next year. I need to get married. I need to buy a land and start building my own house. I need many other things….

My concern is, if I spend this now that I’m single, how much will it be when I get married.

A break down of my monthly expenses;

Utilities (dstv, gen, data and co): N100k
Feeding (including toiletries, shaving, dry cleaning and co): N150k
Weekly outings: N60k
Donations (dependents): 70k
Transportation: N60k

I have tried to reduce this but instead it will go above the budget.

So guys, if you don’t mind, how much is your monthly expenses. If you’re single, please indicate.

I really want to know if I’m a wasteful spender or the economy is telling on me.

Thanks.

Cc RoyalBoy
Cc Lalasticlala
Please I need more inputs. Thanks!
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by captainzee4life(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2022
Even married people won't have these expenses.

Shey you dey whine us ne. angry

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by vincenteger: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2022
All this expenses for a single guy

First you need to learn money management.
You will need to learn how to cook your own food. How can you spend 5k on daily basis.
You mustn't go out every week. Once in a week is okay.

How can you be spending 430k on monthly basis. Something that took me 24months to save that year.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2022
vincenteger:

You will need to learn how to cook your own food. How can you spend 5k on daily basis.

How can you be spending 430k on monthly basis. Something that took me 24months to save that year.

If you don’t mind can you share a breakdown of your expenses, I really want to see ways to cut down.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2022
vincenteger:

Note that 5k is not feeding alone, it includes toiletries and other little expenses.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by ibechris(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2022
I am a married man and my monthly expense has been so high that I had to replan my self and also rework my budget to suit a normal family budget.

Mine with three children is close to 500k monthly.

But I think u have a long way to go if haven't bought land with this kind of expenses.

It is very huge,I mean really huge.

But u can re-do this only if u have a budget which would help u to review expenses and income.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by jesmond3945: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2022
Justnow2022:
I’m a single guy with no girlfriend and I leave alone. However, I’m really worried about my monthly expenses. In fact since last year, my monthly expenses has been N430k on average, and this is making it hard to safe for bigger projects.

The year has come to an end, I don’t want to continue like this next year. I need to get married. I need to buy a land and start building my own house. I need many other things….

My concern is, if I spend this now that I’m single, how much will it be when I get married.

So guys, if you don’t mind, how much is your monthly expenses. If you’re single, please indicate.

I really want to know if I’m a wasteful spender or the economy is telling on me.

Thanks.

Cc RoyalBoy
Cc Lalasticlala
If as a single guy and these are your expenses, when you marry, you need to buy a gun lol.
Is the transportation to work or some other stuff
Donations 70k? Is it to parents or ...
Weekly outings 60k
Dry cleaning?
You didnt mention rent

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
jesmond3945:

If as a single guy and these are your expenses, when you marry, you need to buy a gun lol.
Is the transportation to work or some other stuff
Donations 70k? Is it to parents or ...
Weekly outings 60k
Dry cleaning?
You didnt mention rent

The transportation is fueling my car and maintenance. Weekly outings happens every weekend.

Rent is 1.1m and it’s not included. I didn’t add that as monthly expenses.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by vincenteger: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Justnow2022:

If you don’t mind can you share a breakdown of your expenses, I really want to see ways to cut down.

You should make a list of all the basic things you will need for the month and their prices and buy them in bulk.
So might last till the next month while some wont
E.g let me say for food items now
Groundnut oil 3L - 4.5k
Red oil 1L - 1.2k
Maggi - 8h
Rice 1 bag - 40k
Salt -2h.

You will see that by the end of that month, you won't need to buy rice, groundnut oil, and meggi but would need to buy salt and red oil.

And again you need to have a budget of how much you will need to spend on food, toiletries, transport, outing etc for a month. That way you will be able to manage your money as well as save too.
Some months you will spend more while some you will spend less.

Again learn to differentiate between your need and your want.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by tee59(f): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
You spends so much niggar. You're not prudent with money. You need to cut down your expenses. Some people salaries is what your spending for a whole month. Rethink niggar. You can't achieve much with this spending oh.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by ecolime(m): 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
@OP: At this spend rate, you may never have any savings till you retire.

N430k for a single guy is too high IMO. I don't know how you intend to do it, but you've gotta cut your expenses by at least half.

I assume you reside in Lagos so the base transport budget of N60k may not be controllable depending on which area you reside. Others items are what you can prune.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by wunmi590(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2022

I guess your source of income is very big and you work with corrupt politicians to be spending like this, in this type of Buhari regime....

Brother go and get yourself a good wife with gòod home training, she will teach you how to spend your money wisely just like my wife...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Uyi168: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
Justnow2022:

Thanks.

Cc RoyalBoy
Cc Lalasticlala
70k on weekly donations.

rich kid..

I fit drop my aza??
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
wunmi590:

I guess your source of income is very big and you work with corrupt politicians to be spending like this, in this type of Buhari regime....

Brother go and get yourself a good wife with gòod home training, she will teach you how to spend your money wisely just like my wife...

I don’t work with politicians neither is my income big. This is why I feel very bothered. I felt it was the economy and decided to ignore but the truth is it’s not allowing me to save significant amounts.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
ecolime:
@OP: At this spend rate, you may never have any savings till you retire.

N430k for a single guy is too high IMO. I don't know how you intend to do it, but you've gotta cut your expenses by at least half.

I assume you reside in Lagos so the base transport budget of N60k may not be controllable depending on which area you reside. Others items are what you can prune.

You’re very correct. I tried cutting down on my expenses but I was only able to reduce feeding by 50k and weekly outings by 30k. I wish I can reduce it further which is why I wanted to hear what others spend monthly
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Justnow2022: 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
tee59:
You spends so much niggar. You're not prudent with money. You need to cut down your expenses. Some people salaries is what your spending for a whole month. Rethink niggar. You can't achieve much with this spending oh.

Thanks for the input. I track all my expenses using the isavemoney app, but going through I realize that every penny matters. The last time I bought wears for myself was august, I noticed that all those 2k, 3k expenses were big expenses.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by OreoPaschal(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2022
Justnow2022:

Thanks for the input. I track all my expenses using the isavemoney app, but going through I realize that every penny matters. The last time I bought wears for myself was august, I noticed that all those 2k, 3k expenses were big expenses.

For you to save, you have to be frugal in spending. 430k excluding rent per month is way too much for a single guy. What will be your fate when you finally get married.

The best way to go about it, slash of the expenses. Weekly outing can be biweekly outing. cool
Wetin you dey shave reach 150k? cheesy
Donation should be slashed by 50per cent as well. The only fixed expenses should be the fuelling of the car.

Btw! I spend average 100k per month. I am single as well.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Rechargeam247(f): 8:11am On Dec 10, 2022
Well, you can cut down on your data spend when you buy from us wink

You need to review a lot of things, #430k in a month is way too high.

If you cook your meals, you shouldn't be spending so much.

I am guessing you buy your toiletries and all from malls, well, depending on what you buy, some are cheaper in malls while some others are cheaper in the market.

Giveaways - I hope this is for a reasonable cause because if it's not, you are throwing away money.
Re: How Much Is Your Monthly Expenses? by Nonexisting1: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2022
I spend a lot too especially on what I eat but you see giving out free money, I don't do that shit. The only people I dey close eye give free money are my parents because they have paid their dues in their own time. My younger sisters know too well that they would need to come up with reasonable lies before billing me. A nigga I grew up with recently asked for my help and I asked him what he could do. He said he was once a bus driver. I carry bus give am and I guess he was expecting me to say na dash. Next thing he knew, I done prepare hire purchase document give am to sign. Free money doesn't help people in need, it makes them worse than they already are.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

To The Men: The Undiluted (naked) Truth About Court Wedding / Which Kind Life Be This? / For All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.