Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? (678 Views)

“Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / What Kind Of Sister Is This? / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 04, 2023
As a married man, I quickly discovered that my taste in a woman and the quality I crave in a life partner is quite a huge variance from what lots of other guys out there in Nigeria look for. For example, Having this at the back of my mind I realize that I like the following traits in a woman:

1. I like a woman who has something upstairs: this means I love my woman to always constructively question my decision and come forward with a viable alternative. It means if my wife always nods her head at my decision without resistance and a constructive alternative, i get mad and crazy, I want a woman who can challenge me and not simply go ahead with whatever I say.

2. I want an independent career woman: this means I do not like a housewife, I desire a woman who is independent and capable of making her own set of friends away from me. It means I detest clingy women.

3. As a follow-up from number two(2) above, I believe independent and smart women tend to give birth to independent and smart kids. if you want to have smart kids, simply date and marry an independent and smart woman.

I find many a Nigerian man gets insecure when their wives challenge their decisions or are independent - that is not the case for me, I have no qualms when my wife is more financially more successful than I am, as a matter of fact, I will encourage her to be very confident and successful/independent.

What are your views as a man, are you the type who is autocratic and want to take all the decisions at home? Are you the type who feels insecure at the sight of a successful wife.
Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by yrhuhfy113: 5:18am On Jun 04, 2023
Hmmm this is a good list BUT honestly I feel,

YOUR PATH IN DESTINY DETERMINES WHO YOU CAN MARRY

YOUR PURPOSE DETERMINES WHO YOU CAN MARRY

YOUR CHARACTER IS THE LAST THING THAT DETERMINES WHO YOU CAN MARRY.

A GOOD CHARACTER ON A PATH THAT IS NOT YOURS, WILL ONLY DESTROY THE PERSON YOU MARRY
because she will have to abandon her PURPOSE to please you..... THAT IS NOT HOW MARRIAGE WAS DESIGNED TO BE.

Once you know your PURPOSE/DESTINY in Life, and you know the PATH YOU'RE ON..... then on that PATH, find a lady who has similar goals but same PURPOSE and you have found your match. Character is also important.... EVERY OTHER THING CAN BE WORKED ON ALONG THE WAY....

A lady whose destiny is to be an engineer that would build massive skyscrappers across the world, would be crippled if she marries a PASTOR whose destiny is to be an assisting pastor in a local church in a remote village or state in Nigeria. If she leaves him to go and fulfill her dreams, her marriage will be ruined, if she stays, her destiny would be ruined.

This is why marrying the RIGHT PERSON is much more important than marrying a GOOD PERSON.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by DonTim1: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2023
When you find the one you'd marry many of these boxes won't be ticked, and those who tick most of the boxes, won't even fit for marriage or you don't connect.

A better thought? Don't marry 😅
Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by Love800(m): 7:35am On Jun 04, 2023
Stingy women is the only set of people i hate.
Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by fyzaila: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Skyview01:
As a married man, I quickly discovered that my taste in a woman and the quality I crave in a life partner is quite a huge variance from what lots of other guys out there in Nigeria look for. For example, Having this at the back of my mind I realize that I like the following traits in a woman:

1. I like a woman who has something upstairs: this means I love my woman to always constructively question my decision and come forward with a viable alternative. It means if my wife always nods her head at my decision without resistance and a constructive alternative, i get mad and crazy, I want a woman who can challenge me and not simply go ahead with whatever I say.

2. I want an independent career woman: this means I do not like a housewife, I desire a woman who is independent and capable of making her own set of friends away from me. It means I detest clingy women.

3. As a follow-up from number two(2) above, I believe independent and smart women tend to give birth to independent and smart kids. if you want to have smart kids, simply date and marry an independent and smart woman.

I find many a Nigerian man gets insecure when their wives challenge their decisions or are independent - that is not the case for me, I have no qualms when my wife is more financially more successful than I am, as a matter of fact, I will encourage her to be very confident and successful/independent.

What are your views as a man, are you the type who is autocratic and want to take all the decisions at home? Are you the type who feels insecure at the sight of a successful wife.

What of physical attributes? Or it doesn't matter
Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
fyzaila:

What of physical attributes? Or it doesn't matter

Physical attributes are a good consideration but in the long run, i get tired of those and long for something more. Real qualities beyond physical attributes but you make a good contribution.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by Omuuvwie(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
With all the plenty plenty problem that all this girls have you are still talking of marriage, I how I wish I know what I knew today many years back I don't think I will get married, marriage na 21st century scam.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of A Woman Would You Like To Date And Marry? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 05, 2023
Omuuvwie:
With all the plenty plenty problem that all this girls have you are still taking of marriage, I how I wish I know what I knew today many years back I don't think I will get married, marriage na 21st century scam.

Thanks for your contribution

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Your Children Be Telling You Thank You After Eating? / Another Testimony!!!! / Deliver Us From Akpan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.