Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? (672 Views)

Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Jimmythewise: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2022
I will go first.
I was in primary 4 and we were 32 in my class. I came 8th position. I went to spend the holiday at my cousin's. While there, my parents and other uncles and aunties came over for a family meeting or so. I was called by my mom to the sitting room after the meeting.
In the presence of everyone she asked me to tell them my performance last term in school. I did and they took turns to " harass me" and scold me for not topping the class. It was like the worst day of my life. I detested them since that day. All of them.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Onucs(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
No room for poor performance in my family.

Try it and face the execution squad grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Jimmythewise: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
Onucs:
No room for poor performance in my family.

Try it and face the execution squad grin
grin

So you dodged the execution squad through out your school days ?
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by JASONjnr(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
Apparently they supported and followed up on all my assignments and results....

You should marry a teacher as a wife...They groom intelligent kids.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Jimmythewise: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
JASONjnr:
Apparently they supported and followed up on all my assignments and results....

You should marry a teacher as a wife...They groom intelligent kids.
I agree. I also agree that nurses are good parents also. Not to thesame degree but almost on thesame level.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Richy4(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
Your question is bringing kind of nostalgic feelings....Some of us no readOo in primary school.. But smart enough to pass well smiley

All I did was wait till 4 o’clock to get any meaningful thing on NTA PH, RSTV or NTA Benin...I would eagerly sit in front of the T.V at 3:30pm watching all the multicolored lines while I wait for NTA to come up...National Anthem shows it was time smiley ...Telematch,...Kidi Vision101 and Speak Out ..Checkmate, Pot of life, Tales by Moonlight....ETC...
I would have loved to know the whereabout of those kids on Kidi Vision... they were sooo smart in my young eyes back then...

4 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by tee59(f): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
I never performed woefully in primary school but I kept the fun memories with me. I enjoyed so much then.
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Boogyman557: 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Chaos14: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
Richy4:
Your question is bringing kind of nostalgic feelings....Some of us no readOo in primary school.. But smart enough to pass well smiley

All I did was wait till 4 o’clock to get any meaningful thing on NTA PH, RSTV or NTA Benin...I would eagerly sit in front of the T.V at 3:30pm watching all the multicolored lines while I wait for NTA to come up...National Anthem shows it was time smiley ...Telematch,...Kidi Vision101 and Speak Out ..Checkmate, Pot of life, Tales by Moonlight....ETC...
I would have loved to know the whereabout of those kids on Kidi Vision... they were sooo smart in my young eyes back then...

Good afternoon grandpa

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Jimmythewise: 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Chaos14:
Good afternoon grandpa
grin
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Onucs(m): 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
Jimmythewise:
grin

So you dodged the execution squad through out your school days ?

Omo, all of us gat do overtime on studies fah grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Richy4(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Chaos14:
Good afternoon grandpa

A good day to you too My Dear Son How are my Children doing? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Chaos14: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
We didn't use position in my school. So i was safe. But my teachers said i was too playful

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Chaos14: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Richy4:

Fine sir
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Jimmythewise: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Onucs:

Omo, all of us gat do overtime on studies fah grin
mhen it's true. Spare the rod, spoil the child. My performance became better after my encounter.
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Karleb(m): 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
Richy4:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Richy4(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
Karleb:

grin grin
Wetin I no go read for here.. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Karleb(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Richy4:

Wetin I no go read for here.. smiley

Grandpa. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
Karleb:

Grandpa. tongue
cheesy smiley
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by tayo60(f): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Richy4:

Set awon alaye 80s
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by tayo60(f): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2022
I dey top class ni o, I no be olodo
Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Richy4(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2022
tayo60:
I dey top class ni o, I no be olodo
grin cheesy smiley
Yes every adult was.. no one was middle or last in their various classes smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Mindlog: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2022
I did extremely well in primary school, I remember receiving at our prize giving day, some 60 leaves exercise books, ruler, pen and Chike and the River, for being best in Primary 3 and it did continue till Primary 6 but for my Primary 1&2......hmm, it is good to be mad! God bless my parents cheesy

I struggled academically in S.S.2 because in retrospect, it is clear I battled depression. It makes it so important for schools to have stand alone school counselors, not subject teachers also playing the role of a counselor

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Exmilitant(m): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
Headmistress say she no want see me for that school again. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2022
tayo60:
Set awon alaye 80s

Are you intarested please?

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by faithfull18(f): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2022
I always came first with plenty double promotions grin ofcourse, they are always proud of me

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by LadyRosa(f): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2022
It may interest you to know that the richest sibling in my family is the "olodo" of the house back as kids.

My brother dey carry class for head that year !
His results dey always carry plenty red biro.

Niggar dey carry 40 out of 35 come house for report card.Very annoying olodo!Even ghost workersStudents dey pass am

This life...
No one truly knows tomorrow.
Sometimes I look at his achievements and I begin to re- enact his foolish childhood limitations.

Him go laugh tire.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Family React To Your Poor Performance In Primary School? by Beremx(f): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2022
I performed extremely well in my primary school back in the 80s. Finished primary school in 1990 with an excellent score in National Common Entrance Examination.
My parents didn’t bother about my performance because I was very intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can I Speak Or Keep Quite / Living With HER / This Is For The Men, Honest Answers Please: Who Would You Choose Anyday Anytime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.