Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

They Jumped Me- Why Double Promotion is Wrong for a Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Jumped Me- Why Double Promotion is Wrong for a Child (218 Views)

It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video) / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Jumped Me- Why Double Promotion is Wrong for a Child by Divepen1(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2022
They jumped me.

When I was in Primary 5, a new girl came to school, Olawunmi, my first love actually. I was hurrying to drop my bag in the class (as Chief latecomer) when the headmaster asked the school to read the multiplication table and Olawunmi missed a part as brilliant as she was.
Infuriated, the headmaster hurriedly smacked her and she shouted "they jumped me".

The principal sparked and spoke at length on why parents should never make pupils jump class because of situations like this.

However, what Olawunmi meant was that the class missed one of the numbers ( which they did).

I learnt two things that day- I will never allow double promotion.
And I had to protect Olawunmi.
We went on become closer and always fought for first with First or Second position. Junior and Ahmed battled for third and fourth.
Two of us represented school together. Eventually, secondary separated us and far away from each other's mind but the progress mentality never left.
Double promotion helps no one, especially the child who many will see not fully formed no matter how brilliant they were.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIAN ARTiSTS THAT MADE D MUSIC INDUSTRY ROCK IN D 90s. WHERE ARE THESE GUYS? / The Uplifting Way We Spent Our New Year's Day | My Sister Made This Happen! / Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.