Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final (37252 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup Hopes Take Hit As Serbia Shock Portugal To Win Gro / Ndidi Man Of The Match As Leicester City Stun Liverpool / Nigeria Vs Sudan: CHAN 2018 Semi-Final - 1 - 0 (Full-Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Athemisia: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Belgium, Spain and Portugal fell to the morrocans.
That game was WOW! shocked
3 records created:
1) The first African team to qualify to the semi final of the world cup.
2) The first African team to win a knock out game in 90 minutes.
3) The first African team to win a knockout stage with 10 men.

France and England will be on their toes now.

Also the first African team to not conceded against four European teams in world cup.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Iamgrey5(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
kingmaster2009:
Morroco came from.no where and reach semi final

Is Morocco an Africa nation....they are not member of the AU
Morroco is bonified member of African union and were looking forward to join Ecowas at a point because of their Southern part called Western Sahara

They wanted to join Ecowas for economic reasons and preventing western Sahara from gaining independence.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by MacDani(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
Just so glad I'm alive in the land of the living to witness today's history in a making, and I will still be alive to download this stories to my grandchildren and my great grandchildren.... Inshallah

Go Africa up Morocco

In life no give up nothing is impossible, no kill urself and say no to drugs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Streetmovement(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Morocco dey ball walahi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
SmartODINO:

Go to Play store and download Yacine TV App.
Click on Live events, to watch the FIFA world cup there

Thank you very much boss...I just wan watch that Manchester united friendly
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by OgaKingBoss: 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
Bablat:
congratulations my African people, even though I support Portugal because of my � GOAT

Is this your GOAT?

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by eeetuk(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
Below is an opinion page I wrote before Morocco took on Portugal:

Morocco vs Portugal

After Portugal trashed Switzerland by 6-1, in the second round of 2022 World cup, most sports writers are now favoring Portugal to beat Morocco. I disagree. And here is why. These same sport writers have predicted Brazil beating Croatia. And they had also predicted Netherlands beating Argentina. Were they right? The short answer is not. As we have seen since World cup games began barely two weeks ago, any team can win. What happened on a football field yesterday, dose translate into what will happen in the field today. So, I write to say that Morocco is not out until they are beaten in the football field by the Portuguese. In 2018 World cup, Morocco lost to Portugal by 1-0. I got that. But 2018 is not 2022. Today, most of those players who played for Morocco in 2018 are not in 2022 tournament.Now, did Morocco learn anything from that game? I bet you they did. And if Morocco did not learn anything about Portugal in their 2018 defeat, here is what I recommend they should do differently today. I want to recommend Morocco National team in this world cup to watch 2022 u17 women world cup videos featuring participating countries to learn how to beat Portugal and advance to first ever African appearance in Fifa world cup final. Morocco should do the following if they truly want to beat Portugal: First, stop dribbling the ballafter crossing mid field. Second, shoot the ball at the Portugal goal post after crossing the 50-yard line. U17 women World cup matches show that chances of defeating your opponents when shooting the ball at goal post increase at greater rate than when dribbling the ball into the net.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2022
Athemisia:

Also the first African team to not conceded against four European teams in world cup.
Spot on

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by OlofofoCorner: 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2022
akwarandu:
2922 world cup is far africa to win and Morocco is the chosen one. Quote me after December 18th.

It is possible. But I want France to win.....
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by ecoco2014(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2022
MacDani:
Just so glad I'm alive in the land of the living to witness today's history in a making, and I will still be alive to download this stories to my grandchildren and my great grandchildren.... Inshallah

Go Africa up Morocco

In life no give up nothing is impossible, no kill urself and say no to drugs
My brother this is a story worth telling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by siaco(m): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2022
post=119056859:
Morocco became the first African nation to reach a World Cup semi-final and ended the hopes of Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal.

Striker Youssef En-Nesyri scored the winning goal in the first half, leaping highest to beat goalkeeper Diogo Costa to the ball and heading in to spark pandemonium at Al Thumama Stadium

The north African side's supporters populated most of the venue and joyously celebrated their breakthrough moment for their continent on the global stage.

Ronaldo came off the bench in the 50th minute to equal the men's all-time appearance record of 196 in international matches, but he could not drag his side back into the contest.

Morocco were happy to play on the counter and grabbed the opener just before the break when En-Nesyri headed in from Yahya Attiyat-Allah's cross.

Portugal skipper Bruno Fernandes came agonisingly close to levelling just minutes later but a brilliant individual effort struck the crossbar.

Decimated by injuries, Morocco sat back for the majority of the second half and Yassine Bounou brilliantly tipped over Joao Felix's drive - the closest they came to an equaliser.

Morocco striker Walid Cheddira was sent off for a second yellow card in eight minutes of additional time but Portugal could not find the equaliser as their last-four hopes were dashed.

CONGRATULATIONS MOROCCO.
CONGRATULATIONS AFRICA.

Yes, we are darling kiss

And we just got to see they have only conceded just ONE goal in 5 games......(an own goal!)

History is being made in africa countries and Nigeria will not be an exception in 2023.

Obi is a goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by ecoco2014(m): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
With this Victory for Morocco and for Africa, FIFA might change its mind and give us 10 or 11 Direct slots instead of 9 and a third originally proposed at 2026 WORLD CUP
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by guobe: 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
This is a country that knows what it is doing.bravo Morocco.weldone guys.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by RexTramadol1: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
They have nothing more to prove

They will get to the finals
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by SPAMBOX7: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2022
Chronic Ororo fans having the worst day of their lives cheesy

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by kerivi6463: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by ecoco2014(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2022
aimmoney9:

A psychic predicted who will win 2022 world cup..... grin grin grin

He said it will be England and Argentina in the final and England will beat Argentina.......... grin grin grin grin

The guy has also predicted other things that came to pass..... grin grin grin grin

If Argentina and England are in the final then he is right, you can check him out on Google...... grin grin grin grin
As much as I hate to say this:It is actually Lionel Messi's tournament to win. However, the stars and celestial bodies might be ECHOING: MOROCCO(AFRICA)
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by observanc1: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2022
lrman:
They deserve it...

If they can defeat Spain and Portugal.. who said they cannot defeat England or Argentina?? Anything is possible in football..
u forgot Belgium
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by MDelgado(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2022
edlion57:
Signs that God wants to help Africa ....pls vote wisely ...another history will happen in nigeria ,come feb.

You are in spirit

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Indispensable85(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2022
What a world cup!
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Indispensable85(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
I think France will win the world cup.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by engrchykae(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
tesppidd:
My support will go to England to beat France.
Why do you want England to win?
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by DisLifeSha: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
That mumu man scatter Nigeria football

GistFullGround:

Ogun will punish Amaju Pinick!

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by BeanX(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2022
Congrats to Morocco once again
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by ejimatic: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2022
post=119056804:
They've done it!

The Atlas Lions are roaring into the history books.

Morocco are the first team from Africa to reach the World Cup semi-finals.

Thank you Morocco for making Africa proud. Congrats to Morocco of Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by olatade(m): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2022
This is why I've refused to support them

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by TristanX: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2022
Apkamu:
grin grin grin grin ; pendu people hafa cheesy cheesy cheesy

Take your foolishness out of this thread. This is all about Morocco’s victory
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Abdul9025(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Werey coach grin

Next is Morocco, Portugal should beat them black and blue so that mumu player called Boufal that gave credit to Arab nations and snubbed Africa when he was interviewed. It's safe to say these northern Africa countries don't want to be called Africans.

You guys are the only African country left in the World Cup, Africans are proud you guys are still representing the continent but una choose not to give credit to Africa and instead gave credits to some other country and continent angry

Thunder fire Boufal and other Moroccan players that did likewise.

with this your useless write up..they still manage to qualify ...jobless 1diot
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by Harrynight(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2022
GistFullGround:

Ogun will punish Amaju Pinick!

Why not Ondo? undecided

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by ecoco2014(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2022
Harrynight:

Why not Ondo? undecided
Ondo no be name of a deity.
Re: World Cup: Morocco Stun Portugal To Reach Historic Semi-final by doneback04: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
post=119056859:
Morocco became the first African nation to reach a World Cup semi-final and ended the hopes of Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal.

Striker Youssef En-Nesyri scored the winning goal in the first half, leaping highest to beat goalkeeper Diogo Costa to the ball and heading in to spark pandemonium at Al Thumama Stadium

The north African side's supporters populated most of the venue and joyously celebrated their breakthrough moment for their continent on the global stage.

Ronaldo came off the bench in the 50th minute to equal the men's all-time appearance record of 196 in international matches, but he could not drag his side back into the contest.

Morocco were happy to play on the counter and grabbed the opener just before the break when En-Nesyri headed in from Yahya Attiyat-Allah's cross.

Portugal skipper Bruno Fernandes came agonisingly close to levelling just minutes later but a brilliant individual effort struck the crossbar.

Decimated by injuries, Morocco sat back for the majority of the second half and Yassine Bounou brilliantly tipped over Joao Felix's drive - the closest they came to an equaliser.

Morocco striker Walid Cheddira was sent off for a second yellow card in eight minutes of additional time but Portugal could not find the equaliser as their last-four hopes were dashed.

CONGRATULATIONS MOROCCO.
CONGRATULATIONS AFRICA.

Yes, we are darling kiss

And we just got to see they have only conceded just ONE goal in 5 games......(an own goal!)

My respect to all Morocco team they have shock Portugal team bye bye to Ronaldo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pinnick Wanted To Kick Out Ahmad, CAF President — But His Plans Backfired / EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.