Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Idols – What Are They? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idols – What Are They? (7559 Views)

Indians Are Throwing their Idols Inside River For Not Saving India From Covid-19 / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idols – What Are They? by DSC7: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

Devil is not an equal opposite of God..

It is insult to think so...

All power belongs to God...
The devil is a nonentity ...

In spiritual realm after God na Devil.....

Though God is the greatest and all powers belongs to Him ...
Re: Idols – What Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

I have explained all these passages for you in context. Why are you still pulling them up?
You just don't want to learn and accept the fact that you are wasting your life and resources believing a lie......
Tufiakwa

You explained but failed to present examples!

You can't expect others to hold onto what you fabricated in your head when you can't show them the practical application of what you're saying.

I present to you the worshipers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob today as prophesied in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3

"Jehovah's Witnesses"

Now present the modern day worshipers of the God you're talking about and back your opinion with the scripture! smiley
Re: Idols – What Are They? by muyico(m): 10:18am On Dec 11, 2022
nocera:
IDOLS – WHAT ARE THEY?

The English dictionary defines idols as; "a graven image or REPRESENTATION of ANYTHING that is REVERED, or believed to convey spiritual power."
In the above definition we can see that idols are not only sculptured images or graphic representations but ANYTHING or ANYONE that is held in UNUSUALLY high esteem – and is often regarded as the perfect reference, the final answer to every thought, idea or concept.
There are FOUR types of idols and FOUR ways humans are affected by them.

1. Idols in the HAND — idols in the hand are those things we have that have effectively taken the place of God in our lives. They include; ungodly hobbies, friends and associates, bad habits, jobs, phones, clothes, TV shows etc.
Idols in the hand are WHAT YOU HAVE OR DO. Mark 10:21.

2. Idols in the HEAD — idols in the head are false beliefs and erroneous doctrines, personal philosophies, ideas and opinions etc. Idols in the head are WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.
2 Corinthians 10:5.

3. Idols in the HEART — idols in the heart can be our achievements, pride, titles, awards, influence, attitude, talents or gifts. Idols in your heart is WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE. Ezekiel 14:4.

4. Idols in the HOUSE — the idols in your house are those dedications done outside the church of Christ, they can be your traditions and cultures, family shrines or altars, demonic community customs and practises, etc. The idols in your house is WHERE YOU COME FROM. Ezekiel 8:10, Judges 6:25.

These are four ways we allow idols to exist in our lives.

The Bible says "LITTLE CHILDREN, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21." You see, little children can be taken in idolatry, either through video games, social media or partying.
The Bible also admonishes ... "Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14. Idolatry can be abandoned.
Ungodly habits or hobbies can be stopped.

Household idols, demonic customs and traditions can be destroyed.
Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and by THE WORD of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

All it takes to break the power of idols in our lives is determination, repentance, the Blood of Jesus Christ, the Word of God and faith.

Shalom.
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Cloud007: 10:45am On Dec 11, 2022
Idols are mere objects, materials but a channel, legal platform and configuration that allow spiritual entities to find expression in the physical realm.

3 Likes

Re: Idols – What Are They? by TenQ: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2022
nocera:
IDOLS – WHAT ARE THEY?

The English dictionary defines idols as; "a graven image or REPRESENTATION of ANYTHING that is REVERED, or believed to convey spiritual power."
In the above definition we can see that idols are not only sculptured images or graphic representations but ANYTHING or ANYONE that is held in UNUSUALLY high esteem – and is often regarded as the perfect reference, the final answer to every thought, idea or concept.

1. Idols in the HAND — idols in the hand are those things we have that have effectively taken the place of God in our lives. They include; ungodly hobbies, friends and associates, bad habits, jobs, phones, clothes, TV shows etc.

2. Idols in the HEAD — idols in the head are false beliefs and erroneous doctrines, personal philosophies, ideas and opinions etc. Idols in the head are WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW.

3. Idols in the HEART — idols in the heart can be our achievements, pride, titles, awards, influence, attitude, talents or gifts. Idols in your heart is WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE. Ezekiel 14:4.

4. Idols in the HOUSE — the idols in your house are those dedications done outside the church of Christ, they can be your traditions and cultures, family shrines or altars, demonic community customs and practises, etc. The idols in your house is WHERE YOU COME FROM. Ezekiel 8:10, Judges 6:25.

The Bible says "LITTLE CHILDREN, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21." You see, little children can be taken in idolatry, either through video games, social media or partying.
The Bible also admonishes ... "Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14. Idolatry can be abandoned.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and by THE WORD of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

All it takes to break the power of idols in our lives is determination, repentance, the Blood of Jesus Christ, the Word of God and faith.

Shalom.
Perfectly said:
Even Atheists have idols that take the place of God in their hearts.

Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The bible itself is an idol.
how person go leave his indigenous religion just to adopt a whiteman's god/religion? slavery & foolishness.

People are just foolish nowadays.

When you ask them, they'll tell you it's Civilization
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:53am On Dec 11, 2022
fogechi:
Idolatry is a sin
What's idolatry?
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2022
EdiskyHarry:

Why don't you just keep shut and skip to the next topic?
Must you comment?
You are pained right... Because he ain't brainwashed like your a$$

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2022
DSC7:
Thou shall not worship any other god(idols) aside me says the Lord God of Host...

Life na 2, it's either you follow God or you follow devil but i advice you to follow God...
Damn it..... You are brainwashed
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2022
Asgard73:
Jesus Christ is coming soon..

He loves you .. and ever ready to welcome you.

Make that decision today.. I mean right now ..

Personalize him .. and accept him as the lord of your live .. nothing takes his place in your life ..

Only you will testify of his goodness

Pray his mercy keeps us all.

Happy Sunday .. Nairalanders ..

Gos love you all
Coming soon.... grin

When?
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2022
BrickDevo:
Anything can be your idol if you devote too much time to it.

Idols, shrine and masquerade is our culture and heritage, evil native doctors and good native doctors exist same way white and black witches exist...... That the west came and said our shrines and stuff is evil and through the back stole it and kept in their museum to make money, should tell you that there's a hidden agenda.

Love your own, africans are behaving like lost tribes, reason why we don't love our selves and will never progress.
You are right

2 Likes

Re: Idols – What Are They? by Asgard73: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Coming soon.... grin

When?

No one knows the time .. reason you must be prepared..

Do you know when you will die ?

Just asking ..

I pray you live long yo see your grand children.. and more

Stay blessed �
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Honchoslim16(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2022
Asgard73:

No one knows the time .. reason you must be prepared..

Do you know when you will die ?

Just asking ..

I pray you live long yo see your grand children.. and more

Stay blessed �
You sound foolish with all you put up there.

Keep living in delusion..... I wonder the difference between you and someone high on drugs

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by Illegal1(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2022
Jm
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Asgard73: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Honchoslim16:

You sound foolish with all you put up there.

Keep living in delusion..... I wonder the difference between you and someone high on drugs

Is well with you..

Someday you will realize who sounds stupid .. only say .. you will regret this post and will work more to spread this word you call stupid

And maybe since am stupid with what I wrote .. you won’t even live to see your children .. talk more of children children..

I wish you what you wish yourself

Enjoy
Re: Idols – What Are They? by sonmvayina(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2022
DSC7:

In spiritual realm after God na Devil.....

Though God is the greatest and all powers belongs to Him ...

Lol..very funny.

All power belongs to God. ..

Whatever power the devil has is given to him by God. So that the devil can accomplish the will of God...the devil is God's son. He can not go against the will of God his father..... spiritually it is impossible.....
Re: Idols – What Are They? by sonmvayina(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You can't expect others to hold onto what you fabricated in your head when you can't show them the practical application of what you're saying.

I present to you the worshipers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob today as prophesied in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3

"Jehovah's Witnesses"

Now present the modern day worshipers of the God you're talking about and back your opinion with the scripture! smiley

A group that disobeys the commandments of God or the one that upholds it...

Your problem is that you are obsessed with being in a cult...a cult that places it's laws and doctrines above the laws of God. ..you have failed already.
Re: Idols – What Are They? by juman(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2022
Sango, ogun, jesus, oya etc.

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by sonmvayina(m): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2022
juman:
Sango, ogun, jesus, oya etc.

Sango, Ogun and oya are orishas..

Jesus is the only idol...
Re: Idols – What Are They? by APOSTLECHUMA: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2022
IDOLS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE, ARE SIMPLY FALLEN ANGELS. ANGELS THAT TRANSGRESSED WITH LUCIFER WERE CAST OUT OF HEAVEN AND SOME LIVE INSIDE ANIMALS LIKE COWS ETC. SOME LIVE INSIDE WATER AND OTHERS IN TREES. THEIR POWERS WERE NOT TAKEN AWAY AND THEY ARE STILL USING THEIR POWERS. SATAN IMITATES GOD AND THE WAY GOD USES HUMAN BEINGS TO OPERATE, IS THE WAY SATAN AND THOSE FALLEN ANGELS (IDOLS) USE HUMAN BEINGS TO OPERATE. IDOL PRIESTS ARE LIKE PASTORS IN SATAN'S KINGDOM. WHEN YOU VISIT A NATIVE DOCTOR AND HE DISCERNS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU AND EVEN CALL YOUR NAME TO YOUR SURPRISE, IT IS NOT THAT NATIVE DOCTOR, BUT THE FALLEN ANGEL CALLED IDOL THAT HE IS SERVING TALKING THROUGH HIM. WHEN AN ITEM IS LOST AND PEOPLE GO TO A SHRINE TO FIND OUT WHO STOLE IT, WHO SO EVER THAT THEY PIN DOWN AS THE ONE WHO STOLE IT, IS TRUELY THE PERSON THAT STOLE IT. THEY USE CRYSTAL BALLS AND MIRROWS AND ARE ABLE TO WATCH PAST AND FUTURE EVENTS TO A LIMITED EXTENT BECAUSE DEVIL'S POWER IS LIMITED. THEY CAN ALSO BRING UP THE SPIRIT OF A DEAD PERSON (IF THE PERSON WASNT A SINCERE BORN AGAIN) AND THE DEAD PERSON WILL TEE THEM WHO OR WHAT KILLED HIM. THIS HOWEVER IS IN CASES WHERE THE DEAD PERSON WAS POISONED OR KILLED THROUGH DIABOLIC POWERS. IF IT WAS CHARM BURIED SOME WHERE THAT KILLED THE PERSON, THE PERSON WILL TELL THEM THE EXACT LOCATION WHERE THE CHARM WAS BURIED AND THEY WILL GO AND DIG IT OUT. THIS SATANIC POWER IS WHAT MAJORITY OF PASTORS WHO ARE RUNNING MINISTRIES AND WHO GO ABOUT DIGGING OUT CHARMS IN PEOPLES' HOMES ARE USING. THERE IS NO SINGLE PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE EARLY APOSTLES OR BELIEVERS DUG OUR CHARMS. THESE ARE THINGS DONE BY NATIVE DOCTORS AND PASTORS ARE USING IT EVERY WHERE AND BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE, THE MASSES ARE FALLING FOR THEM. 10,000 PAGES WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO WRITE ON THIS TOPIC AND I HAVE TO STOP SO FAR. cfountainoftruth@yahoo.com
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Ayomivic(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Of course Jesus could become an idol for those WORSHIPING him! Matthew 15:9

But Jesus himself never claimed to be a God that should be worshiped, rather his disciples saw him as the prophet who came in the manner of Moses {Deuteronomy 18:15-18; Act 3:22} Moses WAS a prophet and God {Exodus 7:1} just as Jesus WAS a prophet and God! John 1:1 compare to Isaiah 9:6 wink

Op is wrong you are wrong also.

Op is wrong because God wasn't talking about Idol in dictionary perspective but on his own perspective. What God means by Idol according to the scripture is anything you worship as God apart of him or anything you used to represent that thing you worship as God.

On why you are wrong on what you said . If Jesus was not say he is God in direct word that you understand. He said it indirectly when he said "I and my father are one,* I am in my father and my father is in me"

Apart of what Jesus said what did other prophets said about Jesus? Isaiah 9:6 Called Jesus Mighty God" Daniel 7:9-13 precisely verse 13 Said He was given power and authority to be worship by all races and languages. A person in control big world is called God. If you don't know , I am telling you that title given to the one in control of world and heaven is God . If Jesus was now given power to control the world and heaven according to scripture that was even revealed before him, Jesus is what?

Even in revelation it was lamb and the one on throne that was worshied together as one in heaven.

Then I saw a Lamb standing in the center of the throne, surrounded by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb appeared to have been killed. It had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God that have been sent through the whole earth. 7 The Lamb went and took the scroll from the right hand of the one who sits on the throne. 8 As he did so, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each had a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God's people. 9 They sang a new song

What are you now saying that Jesus is not God.?

Because you don't believe doesn't means it is not true

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by XRed: 11:45am On Dec 11, 2022
Asgard73:

Is well with you..

Someday you will realize who sounds stupid .. only say .. you will regret this post and will work more to spread this word you call stupid

And maybe since am stupid with what I wrote .. you won’t even live to see your children .. talk more of children children..

I wish you what you wish yourself

Enjoy

You can't possibly be wishing him death simply because he didn't buy into your doctrine or beliefs!!! Wow... This is very terrible
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Asgard73: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2022
XRed:

You can't possibly be wishing him death simply because he didn't buy into your doctrine or beliefs!!! Wow... This is very terrible

I didn’t wish him death.. he did so..

Maybe you read the posts again
Re: Idols – What Are They? by XRed: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2022
EdiskyHarry:

Why don't you just keep shut and skip to the next topic?
Must you comment?

Why the abuse though?? He only said his own opinion and what he believes in??
Is it not a borrowed religion?
Is slavery not part of our history??
The people that enslaved our ancestors, are they not the same people that brought the religion to us??

You counter him with facts too, not abuse
Re: Idols – What Are They? by juman(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

Sango, Ogun and oya are orishas..

Jesus is the only idol...

Okay.
They are orishas.
Awolowo is also orisha.
Re: Idols – What Are They? by okoroemeka(m): 11:57am On Dec 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The bible itself is an idol.
how person go leave his indigenous religion just to adopt a whiteman's god/religion? slavery & foolishness.

the worst type of idolatry is the worship of Virgin Mary a craven image with boobs and pussy still many fell down on their knees to pray to her for salvation,the kingdom of God is in the hearts of men.

2 Likes

Re: Idols – What Are They? by Templee333(m): 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"Jehovah's Witnesses"

dont forget that the images of SOPHIA AND CALEB are idols

1 Like

Re: Idols – What Are They? by sonmvayina(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
juman:

Okay.
They are orishas.
Awolowo is also orisha.

I don't know about that...
Re: Idols – What Are They? by womenareapezz: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
nocera:
IDOLS – WHAT ARE THEY?

Shalom.
like the Mary mother of god status those Catholic church use to worship are classified as idol.

The bleeding Mary are idol inspired by demonic entities.

The Mary amulet you put around your next for protection are idol. The so called Jesus necklace Catholic put around Thier neck for protection is idol

Any so called mother Mary status Catholic people put in their homes or cathedral are all idols which is bad undecided

Catholic will always argue that they don't worship idol but give reference to Mary which the Bible particular said that no one comes through the father except through me.
But the Catholic are coming through Mary which is demonic
Re: Idols – What Are They? by Sltp: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
They are Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Ogun, Ikenga, Yemoja etc
Re: Idols – What Are They? by xproducer: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
"What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?" - Habakkuk 2:18

"As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one." - 1 Corinthians 8:4
Re: Idols – What Are They? by womenareapezz: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
xproducer:
"What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?" - Habakkuk 2:18

"As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one." - 1 Corinthians 8:4
tell that to the Catholic church who keep worshipping so called mother Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! / I Was There When Jehovah Was Buried (Recharge Cards Galore) / The Fire Of Hell: Fact Or Fiction? Conclusion: Fact!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.