Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises (177 Views)

Atiku Promises To Hold Reconciliatory Physical Meeting With Wike / Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... / 2019: Group Backs Atiku, Promises 10m Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by Loveurneighbour: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2022
The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has promised to ensure the unity of the country, make life better for the people and ensure Nigerian universities don’t go on strike if elected president.

The former Vice President stated this on Saturday at the PDP’s presidential rally held at the Eagles’ Square, Abuja.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities had on February 14, 2022, embarked on strike over the Nigerian government’s inability to honour the 2009 agreement.

The industrial action crippled academic activities in government universities across the country for over 8-months.

But ASUU had been going on strike since the 2000s under administrations led by PDP presidents.
Taking a swipe at the Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress government over the most recent strike action, Atiku said the nation’s universities would never experience strike for ever if he was elected president.

“We have promised education is key for everyone, we will make our universities remain open forever,” the former Vice President said.

The PDP presidential candidate also promised to release all entitlements of Abuja indigenes, including the much demanded constitutional review.

Atiku praised the loyalty of PDP supporters in the Federal capital territory, saying that the party did not take it for granted.

“We have no reason to believe you won’t support us again. We are here to pledge that if you support us we will give you all your entitlement; appointments and other demands including constitutional review. In the process of restructuring we will give you all what belongs to you.”

On security, Atiku vowed to secure the nation’s capital if elected.

He said, “We shall protect and secure Abuja for your own safety. You know my 5 point agenda, I will unify the county; no part of the country will be left untouched. Peace for everyone. These I promise you.”

“Abuja will be the first to feel the impact of the govt. PDP will fullfil all the obligations to you. We are not taking your loyalty for granted. We will pay back but not with hunger and insecurity."

https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/10/my-government-will-keep-nigerian-universities-open-forever-atiku-promises-despite

1 Like

Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by SLAP44: 9:04am On Dec 11, 2022
Liar
Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by JoeNL22(m): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2022
Loveurneighbour:
The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has promised to ensure the unity of the country, make life better for the people and ensure Nigerian universities don’t go on strike if elected president.

The former Vice President stated this on Saturday at the PDP’s presidential rally held at the Eagles’ Square, Abuja
grin cheesy grin........Obi, Cum & See sumtin.
Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by Sheistoopretty(f): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2022
Lol grin grin grin
Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by JASONjnr(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2022
Somebody that will come and privatised our universities and be selling other assets to his friends have spoke...

Atiku is not offering anything reasonable.... He's the least person to consider...

Infact, I will rather support Tinubu than to support Atiku....

1 Like

Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2022
JASONjnr:
Somebody that will come and privatised our universities and be selling other assets to his friends have spoke...

Atiku is not offering anything reasonable.... He's the least person to consider...

Infact, I will rather support Tinubu than to support Atiku....

Tinubu supporter, stop hiding behind false narratives. Support your Tinubu with your chest.
Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by Betanaija42moro: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2022
“The structure we have today is that of criminality and underdevelopment. These structures have ruined the country. So, the question is do you want to continue with the existing structure or you want a new structure?

“If they say I give unverified statistics let them come with theirs. They cannot say I give wrong statistics, yet fail to give the right statistics.”
-Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by FrancescoFarino(f): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2022
hmmmm

na true nau
Re: My Government Will Keep Nigerian Universities Open Forever – Atiku Promises by Nokio1: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2022
Nigerian universities no be faro water sha

(1) (Reply)

2023: Obi Has A Dream For Nigeria / Atiku Abubarkar The Odogwu Of Nigeria / Southwest Youth Summit To Hold Friday January 27, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.