Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... (21892 Views)

New Kogi Governor Ododo Appoints Cabinet Members On First Day In Office / Atiku Promises To Hold Reconciliatory Physical Meeting With Wike / 2019: Group Backs Atiku, Promises 10m Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Limitednow: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2019
Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If Elected President

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has listed two things he will tackle on his first day in office if elected president.

Mr Abubakar who said he will name his cabinet on his first day in office also promised to end the industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

The former vice president popularly known as Atiku, stated this in Lagos, Sunday evening, at the Silverbird Man of the Year event. Punch Newspaper published the transcript on its website.

The striking lecturers had on November 4, 2018 ceased to discharge their duties thereby paralysing academic activities in tertiary institutions across the country. Since the strike began, the federal government delegations have met severally with the leadership of ASUU with no positive result achieved.

“I am aghast that as I speak, our students across the nation are not being educated due to the ASUU strike caused by an unresolved debate of about N60billion,” Atiku said.

“If I get the job I am seeking, my first task on day one – along with naming my cabinet – will be to end this disgraceful strike and get our students back to their studies,” he added.

The PDP flag-bearer also promised to raised the budgetary allocation of the education sector if he is elected president.

“I will also triple the amount the Nigerian Government spends on education from 7 per cent of its budget today, not just to the 15 per cent recommended by UNESCO, but to 20 per cent.

“I recognize the value education can bring to the individual and the nation. But even more than that, I want every child in Nigeria to have the opportunities I had,” he added.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/atiku-promises-to-end-ASUU-strike-name-cabinet-on-first-day-in-office-if-elected-president/

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Imortal001: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2019
To end ASUU strike first day in office. what did this cameroonian take us for? anyways i did not see you getting elected in the first place. atifku presidency should just wait for biafra republic. I have date with PMB on Febuhari 16.

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Delight009: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2019
Na so

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by magoo10(m): 9:23am On Feb 04, 2019
Despite contesting for the post several times it took buhari 6 whole months to appoint ministers. Which other dementia can be more than that

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ashacot: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2019
Has he promise to remove his trousers?

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ochejoseph(m): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2019
The Incoming PRESIDENT of Nigeria

Unlike the Herdsmen who spent 6 months only to end up with certificate forgers

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by tyup(m): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:

what's your own with him removing his trouser

if you're looking fr gay partner why not go to Iraq or Afghanistan you'll find what you're looking fr there angry

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2019
That's a man who's ready to serve

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Abfinest007(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2019
the number that vote for buhari come 16 February is the numbers of men men we have in Nigeria in other words the numbers of mad men we have in Nigeria is proportional to the numbers that will vote for buhari

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by bender79: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2019
Atiku thinks governance is rocket science. ASSU that has had lingering issues from the time of obj is what he will solve within a period? Indeed!

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:

Dis one is obviously gay

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by bet9ja(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:

Someone is talking about increasing the budget for education from 7% to 20% and all you could say is this nonsense.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Larryfest(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:
You want to suck him of what

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Afamed: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2019
bet9ja:

Someone is talking about increasing the budget for education from 7% to 20% and all you could say is this nonsense.
Atiku can only deceive Indomie generation like you. I vividly remember, in 1999 when I was in University. This was the tenure Obasanjo and Atiku were in power. The ASUU strike lasted for 5months. Again in 2001 while the same Obasanjo and Atiku still in power, another ASUU strike was on call on, which didn't end until after 3months.. Fast forward , when I was writing my final project in 2003. ASUU was also on another strike which lasted for another 6 months. All these period were during the Obasanjo/ Atiku era. To add injury to the poor Nigerian students during their time, both Obasanjo and Atiku were selling Nigeria assets to build their private Universities. Atiku can only fool Indomie generation

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Afamed: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
That's a man who's ready to serve
The man who is ready to serve in 1999 while ASUU was on 5 months strike. The man who is ready to serve again as VP in 2003 when ASUU was on another 6months strike? While he was using Government money to build his private university? Perhaps most of you were still in kindergarten classes

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by deboysben(m): 9:36am On Feb 04, 2019
The truth is that Atiku is always education friendly

A man that value cow more than education shouldn't be allowed to continue

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by eyeview: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2019
Imortal001:
To end ASUU strike first day in office. what did this cameroonian take us for? anyways i did not see you getting elected in the first place. atifku presidency should just wait for biafra republic. I have date with PMB on Febuhari 16.

What is so hard about ending the ASUU strike. This govt's incompetence has made everything look so difficult. And it has affected your psyche.

I think it's better we vote Cameroon over Sudanese jihadist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by eyeview: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:
Are you a gay prostitute

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by FearGodinall: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2019
bender79:
Atiku thinks governance is rocket science. ASSU that has had lingering issues from the time of obj is what he will solve within a period? Indeed!
. Government is not rocket per say but here we are talking about 60B to end ASSU strike. Be sincere to yourself,is Buhari a serious leader.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Racoon(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2019
Atiku/Obi presidency is already able, ready, reliable, lifefull and waiting @ present.

16 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ashacot: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2019
tyup:

what's your own with him removing his trouser

if you're looking fr gay partner why not go to Iraq or Afghanistan you'll find what you're looking fr there angry

That is the instruction if our leader mazi nnamdi kanu

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Afamed: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2019
deboysben:
The truth is that Atiku is always educational friendly

A man that value cow more than education shouldn't be allowed to continue
Education friendly when you can not avoid to pay for his private university despite the money he used to build the university was a proceed from the sales of Nitel? Who has bewitched Nigerian Youths?

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Corrinthians(m): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2019
He can end ASUU strike and he can't take off his trousers and show us his right thigh! Let him keep deceiving his Cameroonian slaves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by onubijoe(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2019
When you plan ahead you achieve your aims easily without stress

We stands for you my president @Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Limitednow: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by magoo10(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2019
Corrinthians:
[s]He can end ASUU strike and he can't take off his trousers and show us his right thigh! Let him keep deceiving his Cameroonian slaves.[/s]
stale
We are not joking here abi you don turn pig

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Emmafe(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2019
Naso dem dey talk

Check my siggy if you need iPhone xr
Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by deboysben(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2019
Afamed:

Education friendly when you can not avoid to pay for his private university despite the money he used to build the university was a proceed from the sales of Nitel? Who has bewitched Nigerian Youths?
which one has buhari build

Some people are bond to be foolish

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by tyup(m): 9:55am On Feb 04, 2019
ashacot:

That is the instruction if our leader mazi nnamdi kanu

Lol coward leader you mean to say?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by ambale(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2019
Youths in this country can be funny oooo. so students will have to wait till May 29 before they can now their fate as regards resumption. Political advisers are damn lazy

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Cherrybae(f): 10:01am On Feb 04, 2019
I will vote Atiku Frempong Abubakar if he removes his trouser.

Until then he remains a foreigner.

God bless Nnamdi kanu for us. Kanu is a wise man. A leader per excellence.

The man sees tomorrow. No weapon formed against Kanu shall prosper.

Kanu remains my hero

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Promises To End ASUU Strike, Name Cabinet On First Day In Office If... by Afamed: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2019
deboysben:
which one has buhari build

Some people are bond to be foolish
Until you are able to put up a good grammatical composition. Lazy youth. " has build" Shame on you. This one too go follow shout say Buhari no go school

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Not Afraid Of Death – Olusegun Obasanjo / Osun Government Begins Food Distribution To Vulnerable And Elderly Persons / Shangisa Landlords Responsible For Magodo Take-Over, Not Lagos Govt Or Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.