Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet (720 Views)

OPC Member & NURTW Official Fight Over Paternity Of 11-Year-Old Girl / Nigerian Man Serving In US Army Surprises Wife At Work After 11 Months (video) / My 11 Months Old Daughter Is Not Crawling Yet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Bayonet40: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2022
Good morning nairalanders.
Please ignore any typo error.
I have a son of about 11 months now who still finds it difficult to stand holding objects, like chairs, table or bed, immediately I place him on those stuffs for him to stand, he starts shaking in fear and cries out loud, he gets too scared when placed on a standing position to hold those mentioned stuffs. But he can stand confidently when his back is placed on the wall (even for a long time), he can also stand firmly and even try to walk when holding my both hands, my wife took him to the hospital but the doctor told her to allow him, that he will adapt when he wants.
My question is.
At 11 months, why does he still get scared when placed to hold chairs, table etc?
I understand that some babies don't crawl at all before walking, he can stand firmly while holding someone's hands but refuses to do so while hold other stuffs due to fear by shaking and crying loudly as if he saw something scary.
Am concerned that's why am here. Please should I just ignore him and stop trying to force him to hold those things or I should continue not minding how he cries and shakes? He is very healthy, plays a lot. Why the delay to crawl, and stand holding chairs, bed, table
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Pacesetter2021: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2022
It is well. I will suggest you confirm what the doctor said with another doctor.

If you go to another hospital and it's same thing,then I guess there is nothing to worry about.

I would start prayerfully laying hands on him if I were you tho. Leave nothing to chance.

3 Likes

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Dottore: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2022
You have nothing to worry about since you have confirmed that his legs are strong enough to carry his body. Every children have their unique development milestone. Let him mingle more with other toddlers in creche/daycare you'd be amazed how he will pick up fast.

6 Likes

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Jennyclay(f): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2022
My elder sister had very similar worries about her son at almost same age with your son. We would joke that he was just lazy. Seriously, he was not motivated to crawl. Then one day he crawled. Out of the blue. About a week before his first birthday. He didn't even walk until 5 months after his first birthday.
But his speech was amazing. Lots and lots of words and nonstop babbling at very early stages. I'm sure your baby is fine, some babies also skip crawling, then one day they will just pull up with the couch support and start walking. But be sure to keep mentioning these things to your doctor if you don't see improvement.

3 Likes

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by 3verblazing(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2022
I didn't walk on my own until I was 1yr 2months. Your boy is ok. Only thing is fear. He feels confident when you are with him. Keep doing that with him. Set him beside the bed and stay by him to help him build confidence. Won't happen overnight, it takes patience.
My son (now 6months +) cries uncontrollably any time I try throwing him up but I kept doing it... he's still scared though. But laugh when his down.

Children are amazing beings

5 Likes

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Cutehector(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
Nothing to worry about.
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by phorget(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
Your boy is fine and hope he got those injections that they usually give them after birth until they get to about 15months?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Bayonet40: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
phorget:
Your boy is fine and hope he got those injections that they usually give them after birth until they get to about 15months?

yes
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by phorget(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bayonet40:
yes

No reason to panic then.
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Saintmary(f): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bayonet40:
I have a son of about 11 months now who still finds it difficult to stand holding objects, like chairs, table or bed, immediately I place him on those stuffs for him to stand, he starts shaking in fear and cries out loud, he gets too scared when placed on a standing position to hold those mentioned stuffs. But he can stand confidently when his back is placed on the wall (even for a long time), he can also stand firmly and even try to walk when holding my both hands, my wife took him to the hospital but the doctor told her to allow him, that he will adapt when he wants.
My question is.
At 11 months, why does he still get scared when placed to hold chairs, table etc?
I understand that some babies don't crawl at all before walking, he can stand firmly while holding someone's hands but refuses to do so while hold other stuffs due to fear by shaking and crying loudly as if he saw something scary.
Am concerned that's why am here. Please should I just ignore him and stop trying to force him to hold those things or I should continue not minding how he cries and shakes? He is very healthy, plays a lot. Why the delay to crawl, and stand holding chairs, bed, table

Don't stress the baby.

1. Can he look straight at you without shaking his head?

2. Can he sit down by himself without help?

3. Can he hold things and toys for a while by himself?

4. Can he recognize you and your partner?

5. Can he hold food down and swallow without problems most times?

If all your answers are yes, then your baby is fine, he will walk at his own time.

If this is your first born, it's understandable.

This is how you can help,

1. Don't carry him too much, let him sit on the floor and explore his surroundings by himself, just watch him and keep dangerous things away from him.

2. Get him a baby walker if you can afford it, if not, find a carpenter and ask him to make one for your child. Actually, you should have gotten one around 6 months.

3. Try to place his favorite toys out of his reach when he's playing, so he can be encouraged to get it, don't pick it up for him.

4. Encourage him to come and meet you while playing, don't approach to pick him up

Generally, just calm down, your baby is fine.

1 Like

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by jenifer007: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
Nothing to worry

Babies are different and love to do things their own way

My first son started crawling well at a year plus and was lazy to start walking.My husband was worried but I wasn't

He started walking when he was a year and eight months old.
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by VeryWickedMan: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
See all these plenty process wey pesin wan dey face for marriage!!

2 Likes

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by otipoju(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
I'm sure this is written by a woman. Una too dey worry over nothing.

A child will do whatever he has been designed by nature to do when it is time.

Try and stop comparing him.
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by frozen70(f): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bayonet40:
My question is.

That's a normal child ans he will do all that at the right time

Be ready to relocate all you have on the floor to upper layers when he stars walking and touching things anyhow
Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by Mindlog: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
It is psychological.

When next he is placed to hold chairs, table etc play his favourite nursery rhymes and have you or his mum dance animatedly in front of him to the ryhmes and he will likely start to nod to the ryhmes and laughing at your moves while his mind gradually gets distracted from his fears, subsequently his mind would pair holding on to tables, chairs etc to fun moments.

Try it .

1 Like

Re: A Child Of 11 Months Not Crawling Or Standing Yet by SWATMan: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bayonet40:
My question is.

You have nothing to worry about. My second daughter walked at thirteenth month.

(1) (Reply)

/ If Your Wife Denies You Of Sex ... / Crisis In A Nuclear Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.