Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit (45097 Views)

Ronaldo Shouts At Santos After Portugal Failed To Qualify For Wolrd Cup(video) / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 / Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by israelmao(m): 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2022
meobizy:
This children’s game will never excite me for one day. I will never understand what Africans see in it. Like religion, na we carry am for head pass the originators.

Every human being was not created to like everything or hate everything.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ronaldo was a great player, but he has now entered the declining stage of his career(a fact which he unfortunately does not want to admit). He could not even complete a one-to-one dribble at the world cup!

Without a doubt, Messi is the greatest football player of all time. He has actually rolled back the years, with his spectacular display at this world cup. Not only that, Messi is emotionally intelligent, unlike Ronaldo, whose E.I is extremely low.

8 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by motionarena: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Saddest day in football
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by azpekuliar: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
CR7 remain the greatest player of all time.

I Love you

tongue

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Waynesteave: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
lawbabs:
All the conjectures in the media are the result of his overbearing attitude and lack of discretion and understanding of time when he went to do an interview with that failed journalist just to spite his club.

You can’t call for negative attention to others, and expect the positive attention to follow you… he has to live with it. No one can eat his cake and still have it!
shey nah by force to comment, must you be a he goat
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
STARGREEN:
It's well.

Thou I have never been your fan, but I feel your pains as a human.

History will be kind to you.

For once, my respect Ronaldo.

CR7 will always have our respect. Great and emotional words from a legend
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by dfrost: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

Even in his speech, a tinge of ego. Portuguese and ego are like 5&6.

You did well. Now rest. You made a wrong move of going to Piers Morgan. Man Utd's eternal rival's fan? Common...

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Olurondo: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
C. Ronaldo is a legend.Even without him winning world cup he remains a legend. Not all legends have won the world cup!
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by MossLuv: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
This is what is expected of Tinubu to say... Not every dreams/goals is achievable in our lives. You win some and lose some ( He should have supported Osinbanjo)
Anyway, Obi is a goal!
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Taiw:
Who else agrees with me, that if Ronaldo had not come on in the second half, Portugal would have scored? How can a 37/38 not know that his career is over? You want to play full game and don't want to give younger ones a chance. When they sub you out, you will nod your head like the coach is wrong. You did it for Ten Hag and Ole. Manu has lost every match Ronaldo started in. Manu plays better without him.

So True.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by gaby(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“Unfortunately, yesterday the dream ended. It is not worth reacting hot.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmB-vaEoR5z/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I'm a Messi fan, but Ronnie, you came, saw, and conquered.

A legend you are, and I'm grateful to you and life for allowing me witness you in your element just how my parents did with Pele.

I love, respect, and appreciate you loads.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
lawbabs:
All the conjectures in the media are the result of his overbearing attitude and lack of discretion and understanding of time when he went to do an interview with that failed journalist just to spite his club.

You can’t call for negative attention to others, and expect the positive attention to follow you… he has to live with it. No one can eat his cake and still have it!
My friend get out of here with your bitter spirit. U read what the man wrote. He’s human, and even his rival Messi also has his own shortcomings. Or do u think it’s easy being such a public figure with the whole global attention on u?

Fucck the English media. I’m even glad England are out of the tournament. This is the same man that brought glory to their EPL and remains the only man to have won the Balon d’Or from their over hyped league.

Even journalists and soccer punters with failing careers want to use Ronaldo matter gain relevance again. A man they can’t even achieve a quarter of what he has achieved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by simplykeh99: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
PJtech:
Eyah sorry our deputy goat, don't retire from internation football yet 2026 is upon us... You can still win world cup as a bench warmer

btw you didn't tell us you'll be in saudi by january

Listen to yourself
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Patosky4U: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
My respect to the most hard working, committed and focus footballer of all time, you are always a winner. You have tried your best for the football world. Though it just unfortunate you will not add the world cup medal
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Olorunjueda: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
Winters23:
He said he tried five times in 16yrs but failed, but now the dream is over!

This is the sad reality, even the greats amongst us come short of their life's dreams and its nothing to be ashamed of.

But the game must go on....
Hmmm... I love this. And a player who didn't even try up to five times will win the cup.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by sportskid(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
CR7 remain the greatest player of all time.

I Love you

The greatest goal scorer of all time. We all know The GOAT. LM10

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
PJtech:
Eyah sorry our deputy goat, don't retire from internation football yet 2026 is upon us... You can still win world cup as a bench warmer

btw you didn't tell us you'll be in saudi by january

Pls remind me again, how many times did your baby Pessi goat retire from national team due to frustration.... Lol.

1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Okhuadams(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

The greatest i feel you that's life. But here some pple go begin throw insult pple wey no reach half of him slippers, pple wey reach even reach an inch of waiting him achieve and eating him be go begin run there mouth like running stomach. Especially Nigerian pple. And JAGABAN HATERS

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
sportskid:

The greatest goal scorer of all time. We all know The GOAT. LM10

There’s no such brand like LM10.... CR7 is already a brand both on Designer Perfumes and hotel Ads..... sorry kiddo. Messi ends after football but CR7 will reign in branding and all ramifications

1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Gobekli: 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:

He can always try again

2026 is right around the corner grin
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by pquaver(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
God1000:
I'm not his fan but seeing him crying yesterday broke my heart, that's not a good way to end his career but there will always be a winner in every game.

He remains a legend forever.
His tears are sweet to me.. Same way penaldo fans had no mercy and enjoyed messi's Copa and World Cup heartache.. I am so loving this.. Bye Ewure.. Never to be heard of again grin grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Eyaaa

He should spare us all those shitty and emotional talk

It's not meant for just anybody it's meant for those who have empathy and understand professional sports
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Almiron: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
motionarena:
Saddest day in football
saddest day in your family, we don't feel a thing here, cry in peace

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingpele:
U are a fantastic player but unfortunately there was few chances of tap in and penalties
The same penalty Messi has bottled severally and the same penalty Harry Kane couldn’t score to keep England in the game.

But CR7 has taken 172 penalties in his career and scored 143 missing only 29, what an enigma of a man. Truly penalties take a dedicated player to score them.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by youngblaq: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
Fraudnaldo and epistle be like 5&6 �

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Almiron: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
TristanX:

There’s no such brand like LM10.... CR7 is already a brand both on Designer Perfumes and hotel Ads..... sorry kiddo. Messi ends after football but CR7 will reign in branding and all ramifications
lmao, your Ignorance is amusing, goan watch Messi's investment on YouTube, no be everybody get time to blow their own trumpet.

Your ancestors died nobody, your father is a nobody, you're a nobody, if you never born your future kids and generations will live and die as Nobody

You're irrelevant

Cry more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
God1000:
I'm not his fan but seeing him crying yesterday broke my heart, that's not a good way to end his career but there will always be a winner in every game.

He remains a legend forever.

Ronaldo is a very selfish and self centered person who always tries to make everything about himself. Even all the grammar he wrote wasn't about the team but himself. I couldn't understand why after loosing a match, he ran away to the dressing room instead of staying on the pitch to console and comfort his players. What type of captain runs away to the dressing room and leaves his players distraught? It was his last game for Portugal and no better way to bow out than to stay on on the field after the match and say goodbye to the fans. The best he could do in his characteristic selfish manner was to storm off crying. Am certain this his press statement was an afterthought put together by his PR team. The guy no be am at all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
lansile:

It's not meant for just anybody it's meant for those who have empathy and understand professional sports

What empathy and understanding are you talking about? Ronaldo is a very selfish and self centered person who always tries to make everything about himself. Even all the grammar he wrote wasn't about the team but himself. I couldn't understand why after loosing a match, he ran away to the dressing room instead of staying on the pitch to console and comfort his players. What type of captain runs away to the dressing room and leaves his players distraught? It was his last game for Portugal and no better way to bow out than to stay on on the field after the match and say goodbye to the Portuguese fans. The best he could do in his characteristic selfish manner was to storm off crying. Am certain this his press statement was an afterthought put together by his PR team. The guy no be am at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
dfrost:

Even in his speech, a tinge of ego. Portuguese and ego are like 5&6.

You did well. Now rest. You made a wrong move of going to Piers Morgan. Man Utd's eternal rival's fan? Common...

I love your second sentence. Everything Ronaldo thinks about is Ronaldo. Imagine a captain running away to the dressing room after a loss and leaving his players on the pitch. As captain he ought to have been the last man to leave pitch after consoling his players and leading them to thank the fans

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by motionarena: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
Almiron:
saddest day in your family, we don't feel a thing here, cry in peace

Pls don't do this the pain is too much. Slept last night in tears cry
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
Almiron:
lmao, your Ignorance is amusing, goan watch Messi's investment on YouTube, no be everybody get time to blow their own trumpet.

Your ancestors died nobody, your father is a nobody, you're a nobody, if you never born your future kids and generations will live and die as Nobody

You're irrelevant

Cry more

Just as usual, Messi fans with their uncouth melodrama.

Oga to hell with your YouTube bullshit. There's no such brand as LM10... u Messi fans suck at times

Below is an example of what I mean by the CR7 branding. Your google can solve your issues sometimes instead of arguing like a tadpole

1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:

Madam leave all this grammar. Ronaldo achieved a lot as a footballer but he is a very selfish and self centered person who always tries to make everything about himself. Even all the grammar he wrote wasn't about the team but himself. I couldn't understand why after loosing a match, he ran away to the dressing room instead of staying on the pitch to console and comfort his players. What type of captain runs away to the dressing room and leaves his players distraught? It was his last game for Portugal and no better way to bow out than to stay on on the field after the match and say goodbye to the Portuguese fans. The best he could do in his characteristic selfish manner was to storm off crying. Am certain this his press statement was an afterthought put together by his PR team. The guy no be am at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa celebrate Buhari's victory with amazing Zanku dance steps / David Alaba Disguises As Santa Claus In Munich / Senegal Vs Algeria: AFCON Finals (0 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.