Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit (45067 Views)

Ronaldo Shouts At Santos After Portugal Failed To Qualify For Wolrd Cup(video) / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 / Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by obembet(f): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“Unfortunately, yesterday the dream ended. It is not worth reacting hot.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmB-vaEoR5z/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by God1000(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
I'm not his fan but seeing him crying yesterday broke my heart, that's not a good way to end his career but there will always be a winner in every game.

He remains a legend forever.

463 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Jokerman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ronaldo has don all for Portugal.

He did his best.

He's be back for 2026 WC.

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by STARGREEN(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
It's well.

Thou I have never been your fan, but I feel your pains as a human.

History will be kind to you.

For once, my respect Ronaldo.

308 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by sholatech(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
Very matured statement by CR7. You have done your best. No matter what, you have impacted football in ways we can never forget.

208 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by obembet(f): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
CR7 remain the greatest player of all time.

I Love you

170 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by brain54(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
So much emotion , passion and zeal to win…

Your commitment has never been in doubt. NEVER…if anything I will say you were over committed.

No doubt one of the greatest of your time. But surely everything good comes to an end in due time.

Enjoy the twilight of your career. You deserve it!

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by lawbabs: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
All the conjectures in the media are the result of his overbearing attitude and lack of discretion and understanding of time when he went to do an interview with that failed journalist just to spite his club.

You can’t call for negative attention to others, and expect the positive attention to follow you… he has to live with it. No one can eat his cake and still have it!

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by robosky02(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
Nobody achieves all but your footprint will never be forgotten

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by yinkus6750(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Every state players dream is to add the world cup medql to his achievement and archives.
CR 7, you be done your best
Leave the rest and don't bother about what people are saying.
You a HERO

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by ShySteady(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
One of the greatest football players, Cristiano Ronaldo ⚽ may have had the high ambition of winning the most prestigious FIFA World Cup as a player but sometimes fate decides differently for one.

However, he may come back to win the World Cup as a coach of any national team, maybe for Portugal.

You have done so well for the game, CR7.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by PJtech: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eyah sorry our deputy goat, don't retire from internation football yet 2026 is upon us... You can still win world cup as a bench warmer

btw you didn't tell us you'll be in saudi by january

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by achimendy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“Unfortunately, yesterday the dream ended. It is not worth reacting hot.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmB-vaEoR5z/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

Your Achievement will never be forgotten, you remain a huge inspiration to the younger and upcoming generations of footballers.

Thank you very much legend, you'll forever be respected.

Twale king Ronaldo ��❤

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by princepee: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
i ok we have heard!
How I wish Argentina win this for my idol Messi.

Cr7 was great but Messi is better!

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
PJtech:
Eyah sorry our deputy goat, don't retire from internation football yet 2026 is upon us... You can still win world cup as a bench warmer

btw you didn't tell us you'll be in saudi by january

U urchin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Amieghomwan(m): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
sholatech:
Very matured statement by CR7. You have done your best. No matter what, you have impacted football in ways we can never forget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Slawomirr: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Eyaaa

He should spare us all those shitty and emotional talk

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by BOLATINUBU01: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
OTILO grin grin grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Naturalgbola(m): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
Goat. Midget slaves, bleet me a bleet.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by dapsoneh: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tue only GOAT I know is King Messi grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by MoneySEASON: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
My forever G.O.A.T.

Don't worry, Croatia will knock Argentina out.

Quote me, I snub you. No time!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by seanwilliam(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
Like for Leo Messi share for christiano Ronaldo

96 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by phemmyfour: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
Cry cry baby

Enjoy your retirement

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by 2blessed01(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
goodbye CR7...
M10 is still the GOAT

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Ayo081(m): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by meobizy(f): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
This children’s game will never excite me for one day. I will never understand what Africans see in it. Like religion, na we carry am for head pass the originators.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Winters23: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
He said he tried five times in 16yrs but failed, but now the dream is over!

This is the sad reality, even the greats amongst us come short of their life's dreams and its nothing to be ashamed of.

But the game must go on....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by 2blessed01(m): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
BOLATINUBU01:
Izzgoone grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by phemmyfour: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
BOLATINUBU01:
O ya sope o ti lo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa: I Forced The Coach To Play Me / Mikel Obi Spends Time With His Twin Girls, Ava And Mia / Ahmed Musa celebrate Buhari's victory with amazing Zanku dance steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.