Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother (291 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / Is Fashion Designing Advisable To Learn For A Male Undergraduate / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hello friends, please i Need you guys to advice me.

Am a 26yr old guy with only SSCE, i don't have any skills/handiwork, so am already panicking because chances of me making it in life is gradually fading away.

So i was able to save up 400k, i am really confused, i don't know what to do with the money because if i misuse it, i will be back to square one.

I want to learn fashion designing but i don't know how lucrative the thing will be in the nearest future.

Please guys, help a confused brother, every advice or idea will be gladly appreciated

Please mods move to front page, i really need help.

mydd44
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by Dave0116(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
I'm interested in the response you'll get.
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
Please guys don't just view and pass, any little input will be gladly appreciated
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by Ofemmanu1: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
ThMysteriousMan:
Please guys don't just view and pass, any little input will be gladly appreciated

Hold on, they're coming..
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Hold on, they're coming..

No one is saying anything cry
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by Awesomeking: 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
I will advice you to learn it and utilise the money to buy sewing machine and some things you might need to practice on your own.

Dont go and rent any shop

Learning a skill takes a year+so buy the machine now before it will increase in price next year

In 2024 when you are now sewing for people, utilise your money saving mentality to save money as you work...by the end of 2025,you would have gotten your own apprentice and thats it bro..you will be earning an average income that will sustain you,you can get married,have kids and live a normal life as long as you live within your means.

May God be with you
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by Nayturalistic: 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tbh there’s nothing you cannot do and succeed at bro.. remain focused and dream big.

All these politicians and high diginitaries, na person de sew their outfits too, day in day out.

I’d say it’s not just about you learning it but also making the right connect as you learn. Network urself properly in the midst of the greats, and you’ll see things falling well for you. So yes fashion designing is great
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
Awesomeking:
I will advice you to learn it and utilise the money to buy sewing machine and some things you might need to practice on your own.

Dont go and rent any shop

Learning a skill takes a year+so buy the machine now before it will increase in price next year

In 2024 when you are now sewing for people, utilise your money saving mentality to save money as you work...by the end of 2025,you would have gotten your own apprentice and thats it bro..you will be earning an average income that will sustain you,you can get married,have kids and live a normal life as long as you live within your means.

May God be with you

Thanks for your response sir.

I really appreciate
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
Nayturalistic:
Tbh there’s nothing you cannot do and succeed at bro.. remain focused and dream big.

All these politicians and high diginitaries, na person de sew their outfits too, day in day out.

I’d say it’s not just about you learning it but also making the right connect as you learn. Network urself properly in the midst of the greats, and you’ll see things falling well for you. So yes fashion designing is great

Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Please guys, i need more inputs.

Don't ignore me
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by Kaybee7000(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
Weldone chief,my advice for u is that u should not stress urself for learning fashion designing as the work is mostly occational and again the demand is depreciating gradually.Again it is kind of proffesion that customers stop patronizing u as u grow older.My best advise for u is to pick any work u want to learn from building work(most especially welding/iron bending) as the demand is high while low supply in the market.Hear this if u have ears chief!
Re: Is Fashion Designing A Good Career, Please help A Brother by ThMysteriousMan(m): 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kaybee7000:
Weldone chief,my advice for u is that u should not stress urself for learning fashion designing as the work is mostly occational and again the demand is depreciating gradually.Again it is kind of proffesion that customers stop patronizing u as u grow older.My best advise for u is to pick any work u want to learn from building work(most especially welding/iron bending) as the demand is high while low supply in the market.Hear this if u have ears chief!

Thanks boss.

Any other suggestions apart from the iron bending stuff ?

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Kdp / 8 Lessons From The Architect (2016) Movie. / Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.