Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Quitting: An Option To Consider - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Quitting: An Option To Consider (148 Views)

JAMB 2019-things To Consider When Choosing A Course / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quitting: An Option To Consider by peesleem(m): 8:18am On Dec 12, 2022
It is a popular paradigm that winners never quit and quitters never win. I beg to differ from this school of thought; though it is not appealing to tell someone to quit, it is ideal to know when to quit even when you think you get the strategy, you get goals before you, the vision seems pleasant, and the dreams look glorious.

Do not be pressured into thinking that you are a coward when you quit; do not let the negativity of being a failure hook you to a spot; and do not let the noise of those who are afraid of taking a step in life get you stagnant on a vision that is not feasible and an effort that is not fruitful. Quit now.

Many times we live our lives just to please others or to run away from critics, not knowing that the most successful person on earth is a man who built a mansion out of the bricks others threw at him. Do not be pressured to stay in a plan that is not working; what you need to do is applaud yourself because many are still dreaming of how to execute their plans, and here you are taking the very first step in achieving yours. So don’t be bothered by what we feel if you throw in the towel; what really matters is that you need to quit now because you can’t keep on repeating a process and expect a different result. Quit now before it’s too late.

Benefits of Quitting

As many of us want you to believe that quitting is for losers, I want to show why it is better to quit when it seems that it is not more ideal to keep going.

1. Quitting gives you the opportunity to assess what went wrong, where you made a mistake, and how to correct it. It gives you the avenue to start all over again with a better strategy, a better mindset, and a better foresight on how to achieve your dream. This makes me remember the story of an American swimmer, Florence Chadwick, who attempted to swim the saltwater channel from Catalina Island to the California coast, a distance of 26 miles.
After swimming for fifteen hours, a thick fog set in, and she asked to be pulled out of the water. Sitting in the boat, she learned that she had stopped swimming just one mile from the coast.
Later, she said, “If I could have seen land, I might have made it.” She was not beaten by fatigue, by the cold, or even by sharks. She was beaten by the fog. Why? because she couldn’t see her goal.

Two months later, Chadwick made another attempt. The same thick fog set in, but this time it was different. Florence succeeded in reaching the coastline. What made the difference? Florence said that she kept a mental image of the shoreline in her mind, which helped her ignore the thick fog, maintain her focus, and reach her goal.
She quit on her first attempt, analyzed and assessed her performance, knew her mistakes, and corrected them by having a mental image of the shore; the rest is history.

2. Quitting will help you avoid depression and strengthen your resilience to achieve your goal instead of being depressed by constant failure because you keep going without result. When you quit to examine what to do, it gives you the fresh energy and the enthusiast to achieve your goal and keep your dream alive.
We all remember Thomas Edison, the father of light, who attempted to make a light bulb 200 times and said, “I never once failed at making a light bulb.” “I just found out 99 ways not to make one.”
Of the 200 light bulbs that didn’t work, every failure told me something that I was able to incorporate into the next attempt.
Thomas A. Edison

Quitting does not translate to failure; it simply means an avenue to start all over again with a better strategy.

Just like an arrow needs to be drawn backward in order to propel it forward with great speed and acceleration to hit its target, you also need to take a break from that rigorous attempt at saving face. Step back, gather momentum, and start again with full force and acceleration to achieve your goal.

Quit now from those futile dreams now, quit from that unyielding effort now, quit from that blurry vision now, sit back and analyze every step you’ve taken, discover your flaw and your mistake, have the mental image of where you are going, and launch yourself to stardom.
[url]SIt is a popular paradigm that winners never quit and quitters never win. I beg to differ from this school of thought; though it is not appealing to tell someone to quit, it is ideal to know when to quit even when you think you get the strategy, you get goals before you, the vision seems pleasant, and the dreams look glorious.

Do not be pressured into thinking that you are a coward when you quit; do not let the negativity of being a failure hook you to a spot; and do not let the noise of those who are afraid of taking a step in life get you stagnant on a vision that is not feasible and an effort that is not fruitful. Quit now.

Many times we live our lives just to please others or to run away from critics, not knowing that the most successful person on earth is a man who built a mansion out of the bricks others threw at him. Do not be pressured to stay in a plan that is not working; what you need to do is applaud yourself because many are still dreaming of how to execute their plans, and here you are taking the very first step in achieving yours. So don’t be bothered by what we feel if you throw in the towel; what really matters is that you need to quit now because you can’t keep on repeating a process and expect a different result. Quit now before it’s too late.

Benefits of Quitting

As many of us want you to believe that quitting is for losers, I want to show why it is better to quit when it seems that it is not more ideal to keep going.

1. Quitting gives you the opportunity to assess what went wrong, where you made a mistake, and how to correct it. It gives you the avenue to start all over again with a better strategy, a better mindset, and a better foresight on how to achieve your dream. This makes me remember the story of an American swimmer, Florence Chadwick, who attempted to swim the saltwater channel from Catalina Island to the California coast, a distance of 26 miles.
After swimming for fifteen hours, a thick fog set in, and she asked to be pulled out of the water. Sitting in the boat, she learned that she had stopped swimming just one mile from the coast.
Later, she said, “If I could have seen land, I might have made it.” She was not beaten by fatigue, by the cold, or even by sharks. She was beaten by the fog. Why? because she couldn’t see her goal.

Two months later, Chadwick made another attempt. The same thick fog set in, but this time it was different. Florence succeeded in reaching the coastline. What made the difference? Florence said that she kept a mental image of the shoreline in her mind, which helped her ignore the thick fog, maintain her focus, and reach her goal.
She quit on her first attempt, analyzed and assessed her performance, knew her mistakes, and corrected them by having a mental image of the shore; the rest is history.

2. Quitting will help you avoid depression and strengthen your resilience to achieve your goal instead of being depressed by constant failure because you keep going without result. When you quit to examine what to do, it gives you the fresh energy and the enthusiast to achieve your goal and keep your dream alive.
We all remember Thomas Edison, the father of light, who attempted to make a light bulb 200 times and said, “I never once failed at making a light bulb.” “I just found out 99 ways not to make one.”
Of the 200 light bulbs that didn’t work, every failure told me something that I was able to incorporate into the next attempt.
Thomas A. Edison

Quitting does not translate to failure; it simply means an avenue to start all over again with a better strategy.

Just like an arrow needs to be drawn backward in order to propel it forward with great speed and acceleration to hit its target, you also need to take a break from that rigorous attempt at saving face. Step back, gather momentum, and start again with full force and acceleration to achieve your goal.

Quit now from those futile dreams now, quit from that unyielding effort now, quit from that blurry vision now, sit back and analyze every step you’ve taken, discover your flaw and your mistake, have the mental image of where you are going, and launch yourself to stardom.

[url]getinspiredhub.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Online Banking Website 2023 With Virtual Card / Hire The Skilled Assignment Help Services Through Gotoassignmenthelp’s / ATS Video Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.