Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members (7624 Views)

Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Breaking News- Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Gej Orders Agf To Prosecute Those Indicted In Fuel Subsidy Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Ben13: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2011
MASSOB is nothing like MEND or OPC or Boko - wateva!! MASSOB has and will never introduce violence and put the nation in a mess.

The police should be interested in arresting those who are causing the crisis in this nation and not those who are spending their time thinking of the future of their unborn children.

The Nigerian Police do not know the nation's Priority.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Please stick to your father's language. . I'm sick of reading disastrous grammar on NL.

Coming from someone who writes meaningless phrases like "caucasoid future". Worthless.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by donem: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2011
the best way of making the NPF scared is by using violence, when MEND then and boko haram now unleashed violence of hughe proportion the NPF could not dare challenge due to the impotent nature of the force but MASSOB who choose to approach issues the milder way are a punching back for the NPF to show their strenght.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2011
During the Mbadinuju days, armed robbers were having a field day and the police was "helpless".

Enter Bakasi: then Mbadinuju brought in the then dreaded jungle justice boys known as bakasi, and they came and flushed out armed robbers.

Then the "helpless" police woke up and flushed out the bakasi.

Its so funny that police will open fire on a moving bus carrying armedless Biafrans, but will drop their guns and pull uniforms when they hear, "Boko haram"
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by russellino: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2011
@ ileke idi - its very easy to spin words that members of your gang can pounce on to say things against igbo ppl but can u for once mention ONE incident in which massob showed ANY violence at all. And please don't bring up that thread about violence in Obosi, Anambra state where it was proven time and time again that it was a vigilante group called APF and not massob. Boko haram and opc are very different from massob
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by cold(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ cheapen the presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues. 
I can't believe i'm reading this in 2011  shocked Just when I thought you've reached the height of your st upidity you go ahead and out do yourself again!Read young man read,that was why your parents spent all that money to send you to school.Olodo!

Nigeria: Inspector-General of Police v All Nigeria Peoples Party and Others (2007) AHRLR 179 (NgCA 2007)

Inspector-General of Police v All Nigeria Peoples Party and Others (2007) AHRLR 179 (NgCA 2007)

Inspector-General of Police v All Nigeria Peoples Party, National Conscience Party, Peoples Redemption Party, National Democratic Party, Democratic Alternative, All Progressives Grand Alliance, Peoples Salvation Party, Nigerian Peoples Congress, Movement for Democracy and Justice, Communist Party of Nigeria

Court of Appeal of Nigeria in the Abuja Judicial Division, appeal no CA/A/193/M/05, 11 December 2007
Judges: Mohammad, Adekeye, Aboki
Extracts.

Whether the requirement to obtain a police permit for holding a rally or procession violated the freedom of assembly

Interpretation (status of African Charter, 7, 37; relevance of foreign law, 15, 36; constitutional interpretation, 18, 19, 21; intention of the law maker, 20, 22; constitution to be interpreted as a whole, 29, 35; presumption that legislature does not intend to breach an international obligation, 37)
Expression (necessary for democracy, 12, 34)
Assembly (necessary for democracy, 12, 25, 34; permit not required, 16, 23, 25, 28, 31, 32, 35)
Limitations on rights (reasonably justifiable in a democratic society, 13, 23, 25, 27, 28, 33)
Constitutional supremacy (17, 35)

[3.] I have painstakingly considered the submission of the learned counsel to both parties in this appeal. I am intrigued by the brilliant and elucidating submission of the learned counsel and especially that of the learned counsel for the respondents Mr Femi Falana on the core aspect of this appeal which by all means is the interpretation of sections 39 and 40 of the 1999 Constitution touching on the fundamental rights of the citizens of this country to freedom of expression and right to peaceful assembly and association and the application and the effect of the Public Order Act Cap 382 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990 on same. This court appreciates the level of research put into  hold the view that the Public Order Act does not only impose limitation on the right to assemble freely and associate with others, which right is guaranteed under section 40 of the 1999 constitution, it leaves unfettered the discretion on the whims of certain officials, including the police. The Public Order Act so far as it affects the right of citizens to assemble freely and associate with others, the sum of which is the right to hold rallies or processions or demonstration is an aberration to a democratic society, it is inconsistence with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. The result is that it is void to the extent of its inconsistency with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. In particular section 1(2),(3)(4)(5) and (6), 2, 3 and 4 are inconsistent with the fundamental rights provisions in the 1999 Constitution and to the extent of their inconsistency they are void - I hereby so declare.the preparation of his brief particularly the opinion of courts on contemporary issues from other parts of the world. It is the conclusion of the lower court in the ruling now being challenged in this appeal that:

I hold the view that the Public Order Act does not only impose limitation on the right to assemble freely and associate with others, which right is guaranteed under section 40 of the 1999 constitution, it leaves unfettered the discretion on the whims of certain officials, including the police. The Public Order Act so far as it affects the right of citizens to assemble freely and associate with others, the sum of which is the right to hold rallies or processions or demonstration is an aberration to a democratic society, it is inconsistence with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. The result is that it is void to the extent of its inconsistency with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. In particular section 1(2),(3)(4)(5) and (6), 2, 3 and 4 are inconsistent with the fundamental rights provisions in the 1999 Constitution and to the extent of their inconsistency they are void - I hereby so declare.

http://www.chr.up.ac.za/index.php/browse-by-subject/415-nigeria-inspector-general-of-police-v-all-nigeria-peoples-party-and-others-2007-ahrlr-179-ngca-2007.html
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by otokx(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2011
Goodluck has done well with this directive.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by harakiri(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ cheapen the presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues. 

Since when did people need a "necessary permit" to assemble? Who told you they were armed vigilante groups? These are people who have always protested NON-VIOLENTLY and yet, they are arrested and imprisoned without trial MEANWHILE. . .Boko Haram has been killing thousands of innocents,damaging property worth billions and the same government has made attempts to "dialogue" with them. Niger delta militants caused the deaths of many (including law enforcement officers that warrants the death penalty), the same government  pardoned them (amnesty) and sank billions in "settling them" and training their youths abroad. Odua People's congress is another group that has graduated from being a vigilante group to a political tool. How many times have they been arrested when they drive recklessly in large numbers,carrying weapons and charms in Danfo buses and hold rallies anytime they please without anyone raising questions in the western part of the country?

The crass hypocrisy in your comments is beyond astonishing! ! !
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by harakiri(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2011
noblezone:

During the Mbadinuju days, armed robbers were having a field day and the police was "helpless".

Enter Bakasi: then Mbadinuju brought in the then dreaded jungle justice boys known as bakasi, and they came and flushed out armed robbers.

Then the "helpless" police woke up and flushed out the bakasi.

Its so funny that police will open fire on a moving bus carrying armedless Biafrans, but will drop their guns and pull uniforms when they hear, "Boko haram"

Abi ooo! It's utterly pathetic! ! !
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by bossinie: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Boy!!you are so uninformed and confused.The last time there was a gathering in Lagos over the removal of the ex-PCA why did the law enforcement agencies not arrest them With all the security challenges posed by Boko-Haram and their likes you say Mr. President debased or as you put it sharpen sorry cheapen his office.Maybe he should have waited until it there is a violent uproar in the South-East so that he can come out to condole with Nigeria's on the loss of more valuable lives
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Beync(f): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
Having mention MEND and MASOP along with boko haram and you forgot to include OPC, U r nothing but a tribal bigot and a nonentity.
Ileke-IdI:

Which MASSOBs is not violent? shocked

MASSOBs might not be bas violent as the boko harams, but they've had violent history with the police officers and more.

MASSOBs and Boko harams groupies best continue their visionless mission in their papa's compound.

MEND
MASSOBs
Boko Harams
and christian anti-boko haram organization

They all have the similar mission. . . . why not simply work together to end this forced marriage? undecided
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by harakiri(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Which MASSOBs is not violent?  shocked

MASSOBs might not be bas violent as the boko harams, but they've had violent history with the police officers and more.

MASSOBs and Boko harams groupies best continue their visionless mission in their papa's compound.

MEND
MASSOBs
Boko Harams
and christian anti-boko haram organization

They all have the similar mission. . . . why not simply work together to end this forced marriage? undecided

Please, can you prove this claim of yours where you boldly say "MASSOB has violent history with police officers and more"? If my memory serves me right, it's always been the police that capitalize on the fact that they are unarmed non-violent protesters to intimidate them. Do you know how many times police officers have fired bullets at buses carrying unarmed MASSOB members? Do you know how many times they've shot down protesters and used tear gas sparingly? Do you know how many MASSOB members (and even innocent civilians hanging around the protesting scene) are either rotting in jails all over the country or killed in detention? Did these same police officers try the same thing with the Arewa Consultative forum supporters (A.C.F), the Odua People's Congress (O.P.C)or Ijaw Youths Council (I.Y.C)? Can you state ONE single occasion where it was reported that MASSOB members carried arms?

This is the problem with human beings. They only respect and recognize you after you've displayed brutal force. It's always the people who play nice that suffer. How many Boko Haram members who were caught have been prosecuted? They arrested hundreds (if not thousands) and till today, no trial rather most of them are back on the street. Perhaps it's about time these guys took up arms. Then, you will show some respect! ! !
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by TenKobo1: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
Hopeless government, busily jailing none violent activists but is prepared to negotiate and compensate mass murderers.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
massob should wake and fight 4 their right
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Josh316(m): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2011
which of the planets did u migrated from Cheesy Cheesy
ANOTHER BOMB BLAST ON NAIRALAND EEEEE!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2011
nasoeb:

All these Spare Part Boys like Relax101 who manage to use oga computer when he goes out come here to open his useless mouth spitting poo because of the relevance of a computer. I no blame you local champion who dont know the yardsticks and norms of a social gathering.

Who be your mate here. all these primary 6 level boys

You dey craze well well for antagonizing the law enforcement for carrying out there duties.

Naija bad ,  Naija bad when people like support the breaking of laws

Idioot
MUST U COMMENT WEN U DNT HV ANYTIN REASONABLE TO SAY?DIM*WIT.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2011
gej is wise
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Gbenge77(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
Josh316:

ANOTHER BOMB BLAST ON NAIRALAND EEEEE!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nwajay(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2011
WTF, who is your brother?

Trash,
Thunder fire your left yansh, mumu.

lol
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nduchucks: 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
I'm not going to bother to respond to some of the ridiculous and narrow minded responses to my original post on this thread.  We have people like 'Cold' quoting from a judgement from a case which is absolutely unrelated to the issue at hand in a lame attempt to sound knowledgeable, while his post is filled with ignorance.

The very name MASSOB (Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra) is offensive/criminal and each public activity by such a group by default is treasonous, all of its members belong in jail. The last attempt at actualizing biafra cost enough lives, yet some of you people are still not sober.

BTW: May the great Ikemba live long. Sai ONE NIGERIA!
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by mbatuku1: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I'm not going to bother to respond to some of the ridiculous and narrow minded responses to my original post on this thread.  We have people like 'Cold' quoting from a judgement from a case which is absolutely unrelated to the issue at hand in a lame attempt to sound knowledgeable, while his post is filled with ignorance.

The very name MASSOB (Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra) is offensive/criminal and each public activity by such a group by default is treasonous, all of its members belong in jail. The last attempt at actualizing biafra cost enough lives, yet some of you people are still not sober.

ndu_chucks:

ndu_chucks:

Dude, stop reasoning with your a.nus for once.

Do you put people behind bars with charges? What the police has been doing so far is called unlawful arrests and eye-service.

I personally do not believe in their struggle because imo what Igbo land needs is economic development, not political emancipation. But I still condemn their extra-judicial incarcerations, or that of any other Nigerians.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Tonae: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2011
You have just said it your self
You got spare time from changing tyres and i will sure not come close to your job you have.

peaceful gathering or not, Wake up you dumb asss, they needed to have gotten a permit

I sure will stay far from you, ofcourse na

What permission are you talking about NASOED to pay tribute to a sick but great man of the people. Is Nigeria a police state? where is the permit with which boko haram is operating? And what laws are you talking about. Are there laws in Nigeria and if there are who should respect the laws first, the poor and over brutalized people or the criminally minded leaders. the police force is infested with corruption likewise the judiciary. The leaders themselves both present and past are swimming in corruption and stolen funds. So who is fooling who. If there are laws, why then is OBJ, IBB, and their likes not rotting away in jail for looting the coutry dry. The state dines, sleeps and negotiates with murderers like Boko Haram while harmless MASSOB is hounded into prisons and that is law and justice for you. Mind you and all other idiots including your so called leaders in Nigeria, THE IGBO IS NEVER A SPENT FORCE. you will see level if this irresponsible harassment
and injustice against the only gifted race in the country is not stopped. What happened between 1967 to 1970 will be a childs play.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by manny4life(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
It's very ridiculous hearing the responses by responsible Nigerians; whatever happened to freedom of speech which includes the right to gather for whatever purpose as long as that it's a peaceful gathering. The so-called police men did not have the rights nor jurisdiction to hold them or detain them. First, the men gathered peacefully (not to hurt but honor a great man), Second, the right to gather shall not be infringed upon particularly if the gathering on a personal or business in support of the gathering; as long as it's on a federal nor state property. Besides, when does one need permit to gather (NOT PROTEST) but gather? Even if it was to protest, as long as it's a peaceful protest without obstruction / intrusion to daily activities of the people and business. We really need to amend our Constitution because there are several flaws containing in it.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by OkparaIgbo: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
Well done GEJ, We are proud of you, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Please keep this good work up NdiIgbo is behind you
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Walala(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

Well done GEJ, We are proud of you,  grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Please keep this good work up NdiIgbo is behind you

GEJ is not Igbo. Try and find a human being in your own land to "try" and rule NIgeria for once. Yorubas have done it, hausas have done it, Niger Delta has done it except you bastards of the east. Uneducated mofos.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by OkparaIgbo: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
Walala:

GEJ is not Igbo.  Try and find a human being in your own land to "try" and rule NIgeria for once.  Yorubas have done it, hausas have done it, Niger Delta has done it except you bastards of the east.  Uneducated mofos. 

Another moronic Yoruba man,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy He is Biafran and i dont care that he is not Igbo, his my cousin and watch the space for nigerian politics slowpoke would you.??  shocked shocked shocked He released my brothers from jail that tells you that blood is thicker than water wink wink. Bet if it was that ugly mofo still in power the mehn might aswell be classed dead, but thank God GEJ is there and he got our backs
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by mail4gift2(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
Walala:

GEJ is not Igbo. Try and find a human being in your own land to "try" and rule NIgeria for once. Yorubas have done it, hausas have done it, Niger Delta has done it except you bastards of the east. Uneducated mofos.

Make Thunder fire your whole generation starting back from your great grand father to your last generation, IDIOT
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Kizilala: 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
You  guys should learn to ignore ileke-idi.She is extremely ignorant and unbelievably daft.I wonder whether attacking Igbos at every opprtunity makes her climax
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Kizilala: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2011
Ben-10:

MASSOB is nothing like MEND or OPC or Boko - wateva!! MASSOB has and will never introduce violence and put the nation in a mess.

The police should be interested in arresting those who are causing the crisis in this nation and not those who are spending their time thinking of the future of their unborn children.

The Nigerian  Police do not know the nation's Priority.

True talk
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by ekwynwa: 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by rhymz(m): 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
Kizilala:

You  guys should learn to ignore ileke-idi.She is extremely ignorant and unbelievably daft.I wonder whether attacking Igbos at every opprtunity makes her climax
Usually I don't engage the senile Bimbo who is only good at trading nude pictures with interested Male Nairalanders.
Even with her change of username from FL gator( back then was she was notorious for e-prostituting on NL) to the present bigoted ileke-idi, one thing has remained constant in her persona, pettiness & very low mental power to compete in any reasonable debate without any resort to diversionary bigotry and pettiness.
I find it hard that somebody "this vain & petty minded" is resident in the US as she likes to claim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Behind Boko-Haram, Killings In Borno - State Govt. / 10 Political Dictators Who Shamelessly Looted Their Countries / Fg’ll Complete Ongoing, Abandoned Projects, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.