Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members (7616 Views)

Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Breaking News- Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Gej Orders Agf To Prosecute Those Indicted In Fuel Subsidy Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by umechuma: 1:00am On Aug 30, 2011
Jonathan Orders Release Of Uwazuruike, Massob Members From Detention

Following President Goodluck Jonathan’s order that all members of the Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) held across the country, particularly in the various prisons and police stations in the South-east be released, those held in Anambra State have regained their freedom.

Over 1,000 MASSOB members were previously held in detention across the country, a number that increased last Wednesday when over 600 of them were arrested as they made their way to the Presidential Hotel, Enugu venue where Igbo youths had gathered to honour Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu; MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike and other Igbo leaders.

Daily Sun gathered that with the presidential directive taking effect, the MASSOB leader, Chief Uwazuruike and the other 280 members arrested in Enugu last Wednesday would leave the Enugu Prisons where they were detained on Thursday.

Sources at the Enugu Prison told Daily Sun that the directives to release Uwazuruike and his members without further delay had been received but they had to wait till Thursday because of the public holidays tomorrow and Wednesday.
The presidential order came on the heels of condemnations across Igboland over the incarceration of Uwazuruike and other MASSOB members who had a peaceful gathering to honour their leaders.

Fielding questions from newsmen in Enugu yesterday over the development, former chief judge and past president general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Justice Eze Ozobu, disclosed that the presidential order was sequel to the intervention of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim; Ohanaeze President General,  Ralph Uwechue; and Chairman, South-east
Traditional Rulers Council, Eze Ilomuanya.

His words: “The first person I got was Anyim. I told him to go and tell your president that he must tell us what we have done wrong to him; that we did no wrong and we understand government is trying to have a meeting with Boko Haram; that if they ignore the South-east, I do not know what the youths would do.

“That I am sure there is going to be fire. He said I should play it down that I should do all I can to see they do not cause any harm. I told him I would want to know what the Igbo’s have done wrong that as a lawyer I was there and I couldn’t pin down anything that is criminal or against the law; that I want to know where we went wrong. He promised to do something.

“I later got to know that Ilomuanya met with Uwechue in Abuja; that Senator Uche Chukwumerije met with the inspector-general of police who contacted the president and he ordered that they must be all released by Monday (yesterday).
“I am of the opinion that we take very strong notable Igbos to go ask that man that he must care for us; we’ve given him what others never gave to him during the election; he said this government is Igbo government. I was one of the seven people he called. If you say that Igbos have helped you, you must show that by reciprocating that gesture.

“He told us that this is government of Igbos, which they did so much, which is true, but he must tell us what we have done wrong in Nigeria. The leader of the OPC in the West moves around on convoy, the Hausas do things with impunity; you can never fault an Igbo man.

“I was told to get in touch with the police commissioner in Enugu and his reaction shows that he has received directives that a judge should release them. We are grateful for that, we thank him but he must get us to know what we should do to ward off the discrimination they paint us with.”

Early in the morning yesterday also,  a Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Ben Ogu of the St. Paul Catholic Church, Egbelu-Umuhu, Enyiogugu, Mbaise in Imo State had stormed the Enugu Prisons where he berated leaders of the South-east geopolitical zone for their inability to condemn the  ongoing  humiliation and marginalisation of the Igbo in the country.

Rev. Ogu, who spoke to newsmen after discussing with the detained MASSOB leader in the Enugu Prisons, urged prominent Igbo men, especially those in government, to speak out against the perceived gross injustice meted out to the people of the South-east.
Fr. Ogu condemned the ill-treatment meted out to the Igbo since the Nigerian civil war ended, pointing out that Nigeria fought against apartheid in South Africa whereas back home it was yet to end apartheid against the Igbo.

“I might go mental if I don’t speak up over the humiliation of the Igbo in Nigeria. That is why I am here (Enugu Prisons) that Igbo people should be released from detention. I don’t want to be a slave where I should be free; that is why I am here,” he said.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/30/national-30-08-2011-007.html
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by baksonlee: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2011
What were they arrested for?
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Beaf: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2011
^
It seems certain they were arrested to cause embarrassment and humiliation in several directions.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by naijaking1: 1:39am On Aug 30, 2011
Beaf:

^
It seems certain they were arrested to cause embarrassment and humiliation in several directions.

That's why the next action should be to identify the rogue police officer who ordered their arrest for going to pay homage to the ailing Ojukwu. The police officer definitely wanted to divert Nigeria's attention from Boko Haram to a harmless group of people.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by richkids1(m): 1:40am On Aug 30, 2011
Me too no know why then they arrest people for this kind situation. The problem at hand pass arresting self, na God go help Nigeria ooo

baksonlee:

What were they arrested for?
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by ak47mann(m): 1:46am On Aug 30, 2011
u cant take the lion down cheesy
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by kallopuma: 2:19am On Aug 30, 2011
good and fine they have been released,  who are those idiot that sent to areasted them ?
we is our own boko haram bomb why cant them bomb like other. umu anuohia what are waiting for there u are expecting glory from who where there is no bless at last.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 30, 2011
awwww. oh shoot embarassed embarassed embarassed Why now?
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 30, 2011
kallopuma:

good and fine they have been released,  who are those that sent to areasted them ?
we is our own boko haram bomb why cant them bomb like other. umu anuohia what are waiting for there u are expecting glory from who where there is no bless at last.

Please stick to your father's language. . I'm sick of reading disastrous grammar on NL.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nduchucks: 3:34am On Aug 30, 2011
Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ cheapen the presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Orblonde: 4:28am On Aug 30, 2011
I have to blame the cowardly and selfish Igbo leaders who were shamed into acting. MASSOB members should not be mentioned in the same breath as MEND, OPC and Boko Haram, so shame on the Igbo leaders. I wonder if they are afraid of MASSOB as they seem to flash a mirror on thier faces, showing them up for who they are.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by toblosky(m): 4:52am On Aug 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

awwww. oh shoot embarassed embarassed embarassed Why now?
Predicted cool
Ileke-IdI:

Please stick to your father's language. . I'm sick of reading disastrous grammar on NL.
Publisher longman dictionary grin grin
ndu_chucks:

Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ cheapen the presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues. 
which of the planets did u migrated from cheesy cheesy
naijaking1:

That's why the next action should be to identify the rogue police officer who ordered their arrest for going to pay homage to the ailing Ojukwu. The police officer definitely wanted to divert Nigeria's attention from Boko Haram to a harmless group of people.
Orblonde:

I have to blame the cowardly and selfish Igbo leaders who were shamed into acting. MASSOB members should not be mentioned in the same breath as MEND, OPC and Boko Haram, so shame on the Igbo leaders. I wonder if they are afraid of MASSOB as they seem to flash a mirror on thier faces, showing them up for who they are.
well said smiley smiley
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by ChinenyeN(m): 4:59am On Aug 30, 2011
Did ndu_chucks seriously call MASSOB vigilante? undecided
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Relax101(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ[b] cheapen t[/b]he presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues. 

As usual trash.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Chyz2: 5:43am On Aug 30, 2011
cool
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nasoeb: 6:14am On Aug 30, 2011
@ Relax , As usual trash.

i think you should stick to your name because you are the one saying trash, you seem to be reasoning from your a.nus.

What is the essence of having Constitution/laws if not to be obeyed and govern the entire entities that constitute a particular region or being subjected to such laws.
What we are not yet sure is if these people had permit for gathering, if on the contrary they didn't (which is more likely the case) then my Brother SH.UT UP your stinky mouth because they deserve to be arrested.

At the height of insecurity, no Government will want to tolerate any issues or gathering that will bring forth More problems.
Unless you and every useless N/L member are Foools and LOCAL CHAMPIONS which you all are displaying here by criticizing the law enforcement.
Sentiment apart, its you and your fellow foools that will complain Naija is bad, GEJ is dumb poo, leaders loot but common law people cant obey and you have the useless mouth to speak here.

Gej is very wrong to have interfered but we know he did it to further calm tension and to avoid polarizing the country further.

To all you useless fellow who dont have anything useful to contribute. JUST SHUT UP
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by ibehkc(m): 6:20am On Aug 30, 2011
Leadership just shifted from the north and dey re bombing, if the youroba's where treated like we re, only God knows what the color of the sky wil look like now. Pls if ppl dnt know what to say order than talking about the choosen race, they should go rest head. Or maybe the police who leaders re muslim dnt no that dia is anything like a peaceful gathering that's y dey go arrest ppl who went in peace. Pls we dnt walk around with bombs tied round our wait, we re just normal ppl who knows dia right
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Chyz2: 6:24am On Aug 30, 2011
nasoeb:

[s]@ Relax , As usual trash.

i think you should stick to your name because you are the one saying trash, you seem to be reasoning from your a.nus.

What is the essence of having Constitution/laws if not to be obeyed and govern the entire entities that constitute a particular region or being subjected to such laws.
What we are not yet sure is if these people had permit for gathering, if on the contrary they didn't (which is more likely the case) then my Brother SH.UT UP your stinky mouth because they deserve to be arrested.

At the height of insecurity, no Government will want to tolerate any issues or gathering that will bring forth More problems.
Unless you and every useless N/L member are Foools and LOCAL CHAMPIONS which you all are displaying here by criticizing the law enforcement.
Sentiment apart, its you and your fellow foools that will complain Naija is bad, GEJ is dumb poo, leaders loot but common law people cant obey and you have the useless mouth to speak here.

Gej is very wrong to have interfered but we know he did it to further calm tension and to avoid polarizing the country further.

To all you useless fellow who dont have anything useful to contribute. JUST SHUT UP [/s]

Bullshit at its ripest.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by naijaking1: 6:25am On Aug 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Did these people obtain the necessary permit to assemble in such a large number? I don't believe you can blame law enforcement officers for enforcing the law. There is always trouble where 100s of members of armed and unarmed vigilante groups roam around the street without  necessary authorization. Why must GEJ cheapen the presidency by interfering in an ordinary law enforcement affair while ignoring more pressing security issues.  

You dey try, o!
Your level of logic is so basic, because that's the first thing they teach in logic classes.
"If presented with a situation or a question, say, What did you eat this morning? You can avoid the question by changing or misinterpreting the question to something like: Do you mean when I woke up this morning? Then you proceed to answer the question on when you woke up and not what you eat this morning."
So, here we are talking about arresting people who had gone to greet a sick and dying man, no matter how many they might have been, but you have to change the issue to the legality of their association and meeting permit
If left unchallenged the rogue police officers will use their scarce manpower resources to hound peaceful MASSOB members into jail, and leave no room to arrest and manage the current bombings caused by BK.
Make you stop confusing folks on this forum, I beg.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Relax101(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2011
nasoeb:

@ Relax , As usual trash.

i think you should stick to your name because you are the one saying trash,  you seem to be reasoning from your a.nus.

What we are not yet sure is if these people had permit for gathering, if on the contrary they didn't (which is more likely the case) t[b]hen my Brother[/b] SH.UT UP your stinky mouth because they deserve to be arrested.

To all you useless fellow who dont have anything useful to contribute. JUST SHUT UP   

WTF, who is your brother?

Trash,
Thunder fire your left yansh, mumu.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Onlytruth(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

Ol boy you no de shame sef? Na wa o! embarassed cry

One of these days MASSOB will be hounded into taking up arms. I pity Nigeria then!
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nasoeb: 7:00am On Aug 30, 2011
I return dat THUNDER TO YOU AND ALL YOUR GENERATIONS.

IDIOOT

COME HERE SPEAKING TRASH FAT FOOOL

People like you spoil Nigeria, when you supporting those that disobey laws

Make you craze there. you dey mad
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 30, 2011
ndu chucks has spoken again. Mehn 10 gbosa for you.
Keep speaking the facts, my brother, the spirits are with you (just hope den no go possess you sha) grin
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nasoeb: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2011
All these Spare Part Boys like Relax101 who manage to use oga computer when he goes out come here to open his useless mouth spitting poo because of the relevance of a computer. I no blame you local champion who dont know the yardsticks and norms of a social gathering.

Who be your mate here. all these primary 6 level boys

You dey craze well well for antagonizing the law enforcement for carrying out there duties.

Naija bad , Naija bad when people like support the breaking of laws

Idioot
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by mbatuku1: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2011
What is killing MASSOB is their non-violent policy, which is unfortunately the only language africans understand.

No one will take them serious when you are harmless.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 30, 2011
Which MASSOBs is not violent?  shocked

MASSOBs might not be bas violent as the boko harams, but they've had violent history with the police officers and more.

MASSOBs and Boko harams groupies best continue their visionless mission in their papa's compound.

MEND
MASSOBs
Boko Harams
and christian anti-boko haram organization

They all have the similar mission. . . . why not simply work together to end this forced marriage? undecided
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Relax101(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2011
nasoeb:

I return dat THUNDER TO YOU AND ALL YOUR GENERATIONS.

IDIOOT

COME HERE SPEAKING TRASH FAT FOOOL

People like you spoil Nigeria, when you supporting those that disobey laws

Make you craze there. you dey mad

Now I ve brought your senses back to you.

nasoeb:

All these Spare Part Boys like Relax101 who manage to use oga computer when he goes out come here to open his useless mouth spitting poo because of the relevance of a computer. I no blame you local champion who dont know the yardsticks and norms of a social gathering.

Who be your mate here. all these primary 6 level boys

You dey craze well well for antagonizing the law enforcement for carrying out there duties.

Naija bad ,  Naija bad when people like support the breaking of laws

Idioot

You so so stoopppoooiiidddd,
Number 1, this is my other moniker.

Number 2, You so daft, you think because I got spare time to chat here means I got nothing to do. You will never come close to the job I do now, I repeat never will ever think of coming close.

Number 3, You want me to support the dumbness exhibited by the police, never. Peaceful visit turns out to be intelligence report, WTF?

Number 4, You will stay far from me if you see me in real life cos I dnt stand hypocritical eddioottsss like you. You will regret it. Dumb goat.
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Diligence: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2011
Uwazuruike sought and obtained permission for the meeting then and there those chicken-hearted policemen went in to arrest them - this is rather ironic. U hv done absolutely nothing to those who take lives and here is a non-violent group powered by UN resolution on self-determinatn and yet u won't let them be, right?

ONe thing is certain: Ndi-Igbo holds that tiny thread that's still keepg us together as one, mgbe oge ru, then they will know that we can do wtout those property once again! Keep pushing them to the wall!
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Yeske2(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2011
@Ileke-idi, is it MASSOB or MASSOBs? I thought topic stated one, don't get it.
Anyway i only hope this constant harassment of MASSOB members wouldn't make them go the BH way, would be worse then
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by ufumes(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2011
I think that is the best line of action to take for now. He already has a lot of unattended problems
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by nasoeb: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2011
You have just said it your self
You got spare time from changing tyres and i will sure not come close to your job you have.

peaceful gathering or not, Wake up you dumb asss, they needed to have gotten a permit

I sure will stay far from you, ofcourse na
Re: GEJ Orders Release Of Uwazuruike And Massob Members by Relax101(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2011
nasoeb:

You have just said it your self
You got spare time from changing tyres and i will sure not come close to your job you have.

peaceful gathering or not, Wake up you dumb asss, they needed to have gotten a permit

I sure will stay far from you, ofcourse na

Yawnss!!!!
I am going to bed. Good night.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ths Is The Aluu4 Debtor: Coxson Lelebori Lucky, Alias ‘bright’ / Soyinka Accuses Leaders Of Patronising Marabouts, Prophets / 10 Political Dictators Who Shamelessly Looted Their Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.