Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? (6149 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 1:41am On Aug 30, 2011
All based on African traditional religion. , , SMH
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 2:39am On Aug 30, 2011
Irritating piece of crap.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 30, 2011
op what do u ur self believe in? u want to criticise right? u tell us ur own conviction for us to weigh both side by side
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by claremont(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2011
@OP: Show us the evidence that what you believe in is any better than the "crap"!
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2011
exactly cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by emofine(f): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2011
I have pondered on this question for some time - I believe it could have raised a very interesting debate plus responses if only you worded the question much better. When you ask a question do not let your bias slip through because it alienates the people it's directed towards.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Its worded perfectly. You see Nigerians killing each other over religions that is not even NATIVELY their own. To make things more absurd, these two religions are based on ancient African religions.  There is no such things as biased here. It's the truth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2011
I don't need to show anyone any evidence. There are many books already written about this.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
Because they will rather be wise and believe in GOD than become Fools and believe in nothing shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
frosbel:

Because they will rather be wise and believe in GOD than become Fools and believe in nothing    shocked

How can one believe in nothing when Christianity and Muslim is a replication of Ancient African religion.

The Cross is a copy of the "Ankh"

Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by nodogma: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
@merge The cross and Ankh comparison is quite interesting. What are the books that you would recommend on this topic?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2011
"The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Chancellor Williams is a good start.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by claremont(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
@OP: The African traditional religion (juju) that you so tout, has absolutely no substance behind it. It is just like the Abrahamic faiths, which were designed during the times when man sought an explanation for happenings around him. Science has played a major role in unveiling the ridiculous dogma behind all these religions, that is the reason why religion is fast loosing it's relevance!
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
op i wonder what differentiates u from atheists. most atheists here base their judgement on what they read in some Godforsaken books which some have no much understanding on. because u read a book, hence u concluded that the belief of others is a crap. smh. so u tell me the basis of what in believe in is what i require from u, which u are yet to state.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^Are religious people not doing the same?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2011
What are the religious doing?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
Same thing you wrote atheists are doing. .
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2011
Try be specific. like what n what?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
So you did not read what you wrote?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
What did i right? Try not to be equivocating. Tell me in clear terms and i would be very happy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2011
merge:

How can one believe in nothing when Christianity and Muslim is a replication of Ancient African religion.

The Cross is a copy of the "Ankh"

I was going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, then i came across this. grin
Silence sometimes is golden.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

What did i right? Try not to be equivocating. Tell me in clear terms and i would be very happy cheesy
Just read what you wrote and read mine. . cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2011
they just want a reason to fight against each other on the name of these foreign religions. i think they believe its ""modern"" or as they say ""cool"" to beleieve in islam or christianity and to abandon traditional faiths. this is the reason why our country is so backward. it is because we have no sense of patriotism to our country or to our idenitity. we just want to copy the west or the middle-east.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Seun(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
Good troll. African religions my foot.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
kandiikane:

Just read what you wrote and read mine. . cheesy
baby i ve read it but still dont get the drift
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
merge:

All based on African traditional religion. , , SMH

"For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many others such like things you do. And He said to them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition . . . Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which you have delivered: and many such like things do you" (Mark 7:8-9, 13).

This is how power our traditions can get, that is, making the word of God to be ineffective in our lives.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

they just want a reason to fight against each other on the name of these foreign religions. i think they believe its ""modern"" or as they say ""cool"" to beleieve in islam or christianity and to abandon traditional faiths. this is the reason why our country is so backward. it is because we have no sense of patriotism to our country or to our idenitity. we just want to copy the west or the middle-east.

I agree. You should definitely read "The Destruction of Black Civilization". Its a book based on16 years of research. It explains how Africans went from creating the greatest civilization in the world to where it is now.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
JuJu is not even a religion. Huh
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by claremont(m): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^^
The African traditional religion is based on some form of reverence being made to "juju", that's what it's called in Nigeria at least.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by merge(f): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2011
claremont:

^^^^
The African traditional religion is based on some form of reverence being made to "juju", that's what it's called in Nigeria at least.

When I say ancient African traditional religion, I don't mean 400 years ago. I mean 3000 BC. You really need to open up a history book written by black scholars. Its really ashamed and not funny at all. Know your history from the beginning of time. Africans were the first humans on earth. It not funny at all. Seriously. Don't just learn about your ethnic group, country, slavery, and colonization.
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by kandiikane(m): 12:08am On Sep 01, 2011
^You come across so flipping dumb!!! You never make sense. . You inferior complexity is too great. . Do you wish you were white?
Re: Why Do Nigerians/Africans Believe In Christianity/Muslim Crap? by claremont(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^
I give up on this OP! I innocently thought she wanted some form of debate, I just realized she is just a glorified joke to say the least! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which One Is Better? Deeper Life, Redeem, Winners Chapel. / Atheist Till Death; Atheist Joseph Stalin's Last Act Against God / Who Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.