Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. (1395 Views)

My Maize Farm In Pictures / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
On monday 5/12/2022, I just thought to myself that I'm going to start a small scale vegetable faring on a plot of land I have somewhere here in Ondo.
The land is just a plot of land, I'm not going to use the whole land, just a little space is enough. On Tuesday, I went to market, bought 1 milk can of efo tete seed and went to the land, clear a little space and till it and I planted the efo Tete.
I started falling in love with what I did on Tuesday, so the next day I went back and clear another place and still panted more efo Tete, next day Thursday, still went to plant efo Tete, okro and efo ooyo.
So far, I have planted efo amunututu, tomatoes, and ball pepper, which I plan to transplant when they grow.

2 Likes

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Weirdcamila: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
Redomi:
On monday 5/12/2022, I just thought to myself that I'm going to start a small scale vegetable faring on a plot of land I have somewhere here in Ondo.
The land is just a plot of land, I'm not going to use the whole land, just a little space is enough. On Tuesday, I went to market, bought 1 milk can of efo tete seed and went to the land, clear a little space and till it and I planted the efo Tete.
I started falling in love with what I did on Tuesday, so the next day I went back and clear another place and still panted more efo Tete, next day Thursday, still went to plant efo Tete, okro and efo ooyo.
So far, I have planted efo amunututu, tomatoes, and ball pepper, which I plan to transplant when they grow.

Add pictures , glad that more persons are going into agriculture
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
Day 1 planting

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Yes I forgot to mention that I have a little running river below the land, that's where I get water for watering day and night
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
My only fear is sun, only little amount of sun reach where I planted, no much sun
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
That's the river, very close to where I plant, just few centimeters

2 Likes

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Uptoyou(f): 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
What is this?
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Dexpro: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Uptoyou:
What is this?

Vegetable farm.
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
I'll be using my chicken poo as fertilizer

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
11 Days old broilers
Day old bedding to be used as fertilizer

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
I was inspired by my two boss
Noeloge83
Jidestroud
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by GideonOludayomi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Redomi:

Great one sir. Ketiri ke?

I suspect you are not really thinking commercial with that 1plot and especially with the way you are just planting this and that...I understand the feeling.
However, let me just hint you based on personal experience that the 1plot can give you a steady recharge card weekly money of nothing less than 5k minimum if put to good use(considering your environment and market). But to achieve that you will have to focus on just 1 or 2 types of vegetable. Mine was cucumber, ugwu and Tete coz d land was a little more than 2plots.

And for the organic fertilizer you plan to use, try and apply enough on the beds, leave it for a week if possible and turn the soil like twice within the time, wet d soil also. You will get a better result than applying directly after planting.

I hope you will find my suggestions useful

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
GideonOludayomi:

I suspect you are not really thinking commercial with that 1plot and especially with the way you are just planting this and that...I understand the feeling.
However, let me just hint you based on personal experience that the 1plot can give you a steady recharge card weekly money of nothing less than 5k minimum if put to good use(considering your environment and market). But to achieve that you will have to focus on just 1 or 2 types of vegetable. Mine was cucumber, ugwu and Tete coz d land was a little more than 2plots.

And for the organic fertilizer you plan to use, try and apply enough on the beds, leave it for a week if possible and turn the soil like twice within the time, wet d soil also. You will get a better result than applying directly after planting.

Can you please explain more the commercial aspect
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Redomi:
I'll be using my chicken poo as fertilizer
Please can you post the full picture of this cage. I want a small one for a few chickens, like 10

How much would it cost on average
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Please can you post the full picture of this cage. I want a small one for a few chickens, like 10

How much would it cost on average
This is an H type cage of 3 steps

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
GideonOludayomi:

O man San o egi, thank you so much sir I really appreciate your guidance
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2022
Went for normal watering this morning, I later had to clear a little space for Okro and Efo tetecas usual..
1. After cutting
2. After clearing and tilling

1 Like

Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by GideonOludayomi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
hakeemhakeem:

Can you please explain more the commercial aspect

Sorry I just saw this.

By commercial, I simply mean planting with the intention to make money and not just experiment.

I will just use myself as an example. I initially planted Tete just as an experiment but soon discovered that many households in my area favoured it than going to market. So I had to restrategize and make several beds. The effort I put in was to ensure that I never run out of stock every week. And it worked out even though I had to sell selectively(that is, I wasn't selling to just anyone that comes). Each bed gave me a minimum of 1200 and I cultivate like 4-5 beds weekly.
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Thanks
GideonOludayomi:

Sorry I just saw this.

By commercial, I simply mean planting with the intention to make money and not just experiment.

I will just use myself as an example. I initially planted Tete just as an experiment but soon discovered that many households in my area favoured it than going to market. So I had to restrategize and make several beds. The effort I put in was to ensure that I never run out of stock every week. And it worked out even though I had to sell selectively(that is, I wasn't selling to just anyone that comes). Each bed gave me a minimum of 1200 and I cultivate like 4-5 beds weekly.
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by eddyline(m): 6:04am On Jan 21, 2023
Hello sir, how's your farm going?
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2023
eddyline:
Hello sir, how's your farm going?
Very fine, though I haven't finished clearing the whole plot of land, I used just few part if the land and I make avergely 2k daily from efo tete only. I'm planning to clear the remaining land and get a labourer to help me till the land.
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by Redomi(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
GideonOludayomi:

Sorry I just saw this.

Thank you boss, I made almost 8k per bed. I made sure I have enough to sell everyday
Re: My Vegetable Farm In Pictures. by eddyline(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Redomi:

Very fine, though I haven't finished clearing the whole plot of land, I used just few part if the land and I make avergely 2k daily from efo tete only. I'm planning to clear the remaining land and get a labourer to help me till the land.
Wow, congratulations. More increase

(1) (Reply)

Shrimp Farming / See Huge Rice Farm In Ogun State(Drone Images) / Training On Castor Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.