Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:34 PM

New To The Forum - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New To The Forum (644 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To The Forum by JBCeezy: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2011
Hello Nairaland. I'm an African American of mostly Igbo descent that I found out from African Ancestry. I wanted to get in touch with my roots and travel to Eastern Nigeria someday.

I want to learn a little bit about Igbo cultural customs and carry those tradtions on, seeing as my culture was stripped away during slavery.

Here's a photo of me. A lot of my Nigerian friends told me I look Igbo

Re: New To The Forum by Chyz2: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2011
JBCeezy,

Ndewo my brother. You are welcome home. I am no more Igbo than you and I don't have more rights in Igboland than you. We are equally Igbo. And yes, you look like us,lol. We have many threads on OUR Igbo history here on nairaland. Go through the cultural section either page by page or simply go in the the search engine and type in Igbo culture or tradition etc. I will even soon resurrect the old threads so that you can via in them. The rest of our brothers will soon come to greet you so be expecting them,and also the haters too lol.

Anywayz sit back, relax, and welcome, from Chyz* cool

IGBO KWENU!!!
Re: New To The Forum by Afam4eva(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2011
@JB
Welcome to Nairaland. It's nice to see that you want to learn about Igbo culture and tradition. As an nwa afor Igbo myself, I say Nno(Ndewo).
Re: New To The Forum by JBCeezy: 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thanks you guys.

(1) (Reply)

none / Can Someone Translate It To English / Ethical Dilemma...Would You Report A YAHOO YAHOO Friend To Police?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.