Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) (5267 Views)

Weirdest Moments In History Compared to Morden times ( Histogore ) / Confraternities In Nigeria (histogore) / Video Of Reverend Sister Henrietta Alokha Who Died In Abule Ado Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by dominique(f): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Top of the Morning and hope you have a lovely day gorelovers , here’s 12 Actora(s) Musicians and the like who died doing what they loved doing ,
Let the gore begin

Dedicated to all Nairalanders who woke up this morning, that’s a win , do make use of it .

Vic Morrow

During the filming of Twilight Zone: The Movie, Morrow was killed on set in July 1982, along with two child actors, Myca Dinh Le and Renee Chen, says How Stuff Works. The Twilight Zone script called for the use of both a helicopter and pyrotechnics, a deadly combination in this case.

During a scene in which Morrow was being attacked by American soldiers in Vietnam, the

The horrific video of what was termed as the worst accident on set in Hollywood history. First time I watched it was on the history channel and the video was in close range (I doubt if primetime TV are allowed to show that kind of gore anymore). Both him and the girl were decapitated, the girl also had her entire arm chopped off. The boy was hit on the torso and was almost ripped into two and they all suffered severe burns that would have killed them if the helicopter blades hadn't. Till date, I don't think helicopters are allowed on closed sets because of this freak accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFHjSG0a6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Solofresh2: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Christina Grimmie

Christina was an up-and-coming 22-year-old superstar. She had just wowed viewers on The Voice, placing third in her season, and was branching out on her own. That is, until a crazed fan named Kevin James Loibl murdered her in front of stunned fans on June 10, 2016.

As reported by Click Orlando, Loibl was described by his friend, Cory Dennington, as a severe loner who, over the previous year or so, had grown psychotically attached to Grimmie. He would watch her videos on YouTube non-stop, altered his appearance (through Lasik, teeth whitening, and hair implants) so he might look good for her, and got angry whenever Dennington pointed out that the chances of Loibl winning Grimmie's heart were less than slim to none. Finally, Loibl decided to meet Grimmie, and apparently decided that if he couldn't have her, nobody could.

On June 10, Grimmie was signing autographs after a show when Loibl approached. Rather than getting something signed and leaving like everyone else, Loibl grabbed the guns he had somehow smuggled into the building and shot the singer. Her brother quickly grabbed Loibl, who managed to escape, only to shoot himself dead right after. Grimmie passed shortly thereafter.

Kevin James Loibl
After their performance ended at 10:00 p.m. local time, Grimmie signed autographs inside the venue. At 10:24 p.m., Grimmie was shot by 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl after initially opening her arms to give him a hug. As witnesses fled the scene, Loibl was tackled by Grimmie's brother, and the men scuffled
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
dominique:

The horrific video of what was termed as the worst accident on set in Hollywood history. First time I watched it was on the history channel and the video was in close range (I doubt if primetime TV are allowed to show that kind of gore anymore). Both him and the girl were decapitated, the girl also had her entire arm chopped off. The boy was hit on the torso and was almost ripped into two and they all suffered severe burns that would have killed them if the helicopter blades hadn't. Till date, I don't think helicopters are allowed on closed sets because of this freak accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFHjSG0a6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4
Amazing but wow
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
Ghostrye:

Boss, I dey loyal o. Thanks for another brilliant post
Anytime blood brothersmiley
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Tokskob2008: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
Wow... a very interesting read, so sad Bruce Lee and his son died so young and in the course of acting too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by KunGioKehRah: 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
Cheik tiote

Samuel okwaraji

This guy in fast and furious ehn what was his name
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Unclesamo(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
I’ll proceed with the article but please MODS reduce or at least regulate the bad news trending and making dp , it’s emotionally exhausting and unnecessary

You did a great Job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
Unclesamo:

You did a great Job.
Thank you Uncle smiley

1 Like

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
SELENA

Latina songstress Selena Quintanilla-Pérez (known the world over as simply "Selena"wink was a rising star when her fan club founder, Yolanda Saldivar, gunned her down, at age 23,

Yolanda Saldívar’s interest in Selena bordered on obsession.

She was said to have Selena’s photo and memorabilia all over her apartment before she ever bet the star. She begged Selena’s family to let her start a Selena fan club, and they allowed her to.

She soon turned to more than that when she became Selena’s boutique manager and friend

But it came out that Saldívar had been embezzling money from the fan club

When this became clear to Selena and her family, Saldívar lured Selena to a hotel room with a story that she had been raped and needed Selena’s help.

After Selena took Saldívar to a hospital and returned her to her hotel room, the two got into an argument, and Saldívar shot Selena in the back.

Selena ran from the room, and Saldívar followed her, screaming obscenities. Selena died shortly after
Killed by her best friend.

From the scary look alone, she looks dangerous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2022
DrPurple:
Sick!
The life of human means nothing to this western psycho's

Nice educative writeup, OP.
Well Done!
That is what extreme bitterness can cause, has caused, and is causing in Nigeria, and other parts of the world. And is much more deadly when mixed with impatience!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Chaos14: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Thank you
how was your day Sir?

1 Like

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by JohnOkolo: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Jon-Erik Hexum

An unintentional gunshot wound to the head on the set of the CBS adventure series Cover Up, killed Hexum in 1984, writes Access Atlanta. Hexum played Mac Harper, the Green Beret-turned-model in the TV show that delved into international mystery and fashion photography.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Hexum had been napping on October 12, 1984, during delays in filming. When he learned there would be more delays, he jokingly picked up a .44 Magnum pistol loaded with blanks, said “Can you believe this crap?” and pulled the trigger. The blast’s impact fractured his skull, which drove a bone fragment the size of a quarter into his brain, causing massive bleeding. He was rushed to the hospital where surgery was performed, however, he remained comatose and was pronounced brain dead on October 18, writes Entertainment Weekly.
Cover Up continued production with a new actor, but never made it past the first season

Abeg Naija actors and actresses no dey die while making movie
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Chee59(f): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Brandon Lee (POV :The real Joker smiley )

Brandon Lee, the son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee, was killed on March 31, 1993, in a stunt accident on the set of The Crow. “Lee’s character was supposed to get shot in a scene, but the handgun used contained a fragment of a real bullet,” writes Ranker

During filming, Lee was walking through a doorway carrying a grocery bag as another actor fired blanks at him from 15 feet away, per the Los Angeles Times. At that moment, Lee activated a toggle switch underneath the grocery bag and set off the small charge, called a squib, which is commonly used on movie sets to simulate gunfire effects. Lee was hit in the abdomen by a projectile, and died later that day at the age of 28

Director Alex Proyas used a double and some special effects in order to complete the movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Crow tells the story of a rock musician, Eric Draven, who is granted life and power by a mysterious crow. Draven uses his abilities to hunt and kill the men that murdered him and His fiancé
I heard that their family had a generational curse of dying young. I don't know if it is true.
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Teejay13(m): 2:55am On Dec 14, 2022
Great article indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by akwesenana: 5:42am On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Andres Escober

On June 23, during the 1994 World Cup, Colombia — one of the favorites to win — dropped a 2-1 shocker to the United States, thanks in part to an own goal from Colombia's Andres Escobar. He attempted to block a shot but instead dribbled the ball past his own goalkeeper

In a just world, this would've simply been an embarrassment for Escobar — instead, it wound up sealing his fate. On July 1, Escobar was at a restaurant in his hometown of Medellin, Colombia. He got into an argument with some patrons over the goal, and the patrons ended the argument by shooting him multiple times. According to The Independent, one of them shouted "thanks for the own goal!" as he shot him.

According to Fox News, the shooter, a gangster named Humberto Munoz Castro, received 42 years in prison, though he got out after just 11. His bosses and accomplices, Santiago and Pedron Gallon, never received punishment, as Castro refused to snitch on them. Gangsters getting involved caused many to suspect that, in addition to being fans, Escobar's killers were heavily involved in drug trafficking and gambling, and that a lot of money rode on Colombia making it through. Since they didn't, the gangsters blamed the own-goal guy (even though the rest of the team played badly, too), and made sure it was the costliest error of his life.
The killer was working for one of Pablo Escobar's friends.
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by yomi531(m): 6:15am On Dec 14, 2022
Nice piece. U forgot Owen Hart that died in the ring(WWF)
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by MufasaLion: 6:16am On Dec 14, 2022
Chee59:

I heard that their family had a generational curse of dying young. I don't know if it is true.

There's nothing like generational curse.
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 14, 2022
Sor Sor... You didn't include Samuel Okparaji.
I remember that year, my dad and his friends (
they were young bobos then) were just all over the place talking about this guy's death. Chai!

1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 7:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Chee59:

it’s rare coincidence, Well humans evolved to perceive patterns , patterns in everything so when there is 2 or more deaths in a family , lineage or generation, it is considered a curse , which is nothing but coincidence as with every other thing , including texting you this morning smiley
Hope you’re having a good morning?
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Sor Sor... You didn't include Samuel Okparaji.
I remember that year, my dad and his friends (
they were young bobos then) were just all the place talking about this guy's death. Chai!

oh yes I am still compiling The list and Samuel was included thank you and Good Morning Mercy smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2022
Teejay13:
Great article indeed.
Thank you Jay , hows your morning so far ? smiley

1 Like

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2022
MufasaLion:

There's nothing like generational curse.
Top of the Morning Mufasa smiley
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2022
JohnOkolo:

Abeg Naija actors and actresses no dey die while making movie
I’m sure they do , but sadly remain undocumented and unreported because of inadequate transparency in practically all aspects including circumstances around a Nigerians Death .
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2022
Chaos14:
how was your day Sir?
Going well so far thank you , so remember to smile okay , it’s free and really helps the mind and physical attractiveness smiley
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
oh yes I am still compiling The list and Samuel was included thank you and Good Morning Mercy smiley

You're welcome my brother. Sorry for disrupting your post. lipsrsealed.

I'm a fan of historic happenings. Used to visit history Ville ( on Facebook) where this type of stories are posted a lot until they stopped updating their page. That's why I'm somewhat glued to your post.

Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2022
DrPurple:
Sick!
The life of human means nothing to this western psycho's

Nice educative writeup, OP.
Well Done!
Thank you Dr , well we should consider protecting our circle , our family , what other races ,tribes ,friends do should not bother our protected sphere , Our Family smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

You're welcome my brother. Sorry for disrupting your post. lipsrsealed.

I'm a fan of historic happenings. Used to visit history Ville ( on Facebook) where this type of stories are posted a lot until they stopped updating their page. That's why I'm somewhat glued to your post.

Nice one.
smiley , you are also awesome in creating awareness in our somewhat morally decadent generation, I see your works and appreciate them Mercy smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by TheSourcerer: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2022
KunGioKehRah:
Cheik tiote

Samuel okwaraji

This guy in fast and furious ehn what was his name
Paul Walker smiley
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
smiley , you are also awesome in creating awareness in our somewhat morally decadent generation, I see your works and appreciate them Mercy smiley

Sorry about the bashing I gave you there. I was pissed by the whole thing.

Thanks for the appreciation.
Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by MufasaLion: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Top of the Morning Mufasa smiley

Brother, howdy?

1 Like

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Chee59(f): 10:32am On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
it’s rare coincidence, Well humans evolved to perceive patterns , patterns in everything so when there is 2 or more deaths in a family , lineage or generation, it is considered a curse , which is nothing but coincidence as with every other thing , including texting you this morning smiley
Hope you’re having a good morning?
I mean father and son. I wonder if it ended with those two.
My morning is passable. Thanks for asking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Actors/Athletes Who Died/were Killed On Stage Performance(histogore) by Jolene201(f): 1:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Nope a lot more , have you had a NDE before ?
Nope smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Your Waec Nov/dec 2007 Here / Any News On Uniuyo Supplementary List? / The Ibadan Poly 2010/2011 Admission List Is Official Out 29/11/2010 -----------

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.