Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo (1176 Views)

Show Proof I’m Working For Tinubu, Wike Tells LP / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015 / Buhari Receives Akwa Ibom Elder Statesmen (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by OddsDoc(f): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2022
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said he is working with other elder statesmen to enthrone a new Nigeria, where everyone would have a sense of belonging and there would be justice for all.

Obasanjo made this assertion while speaking at the Ohanaeze Ndigbo National Secretariat in Enugu on Monday.

According to the former president, Nigeria is currently at the crossroads in her political history and needs a leader with the right character and capacity to reposition the country.

During his visit, Obasanjo signed a condolence register opened by the group of elders for the First Republic Minister of Aviation, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, who died on November 1.

The leader of the apex Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, and presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Obi, also signed the register as a mark of respect for the deceased.

In his address, Obasanjo said the major problem with Nigeria was the dearth of leaders with the right type of character, who should be trusted with the leadership role.

“So, if I put my hand on someone, it means that comparing with the other, I see that there is a merit that will be of benefit to Nigeria. And I believe that Chief Adebanjo stands for the same thing.”

Obasanjo said although he had paid his dues in Nigeria, he would not relent in pushing for justice, adding that the problem with the country is not ethnic but national.

He stated, “I have shed my blood for this country. I have gone to prison for this country. So, what are you going to frighten or threaten me with? The only thing that my senior brother (Adebanjo) hasn’t done is that he hasn’t shed his blood, but he has gone to prison.

“What I believe and what I think Pa Ayo Adebanjo believes is not ethnic, it’s not sectional, it is not religious, it is Nigeria. I believe in equity, I believe in justice, I believe in one Nigeria.”

Obasanjo described Mbazulike as an authentic Nigerian patriot and the last of the titans, regretting that the foremost nationalist would not be around to witness the new Nigeria that he laboured for.

Receiving the eminent leaders on behalf of President General of the apex Igbo organisation, Professor George Obiozor, Secretary General of the group, Ambassador Okey Emuchay, said the organisation would continue to seek justice, fairness, equity and inclusion in Nigeria, as the late Amaechi did.

Emuchay thanked the leaders for honouring the late former minister and the entire Ndigbo, stressing that the Ohanaeze remains committed to its support for Peter Obi in the interest of fairness and equity.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
And you enthrone With Obi and nothing More.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Urheadmaster(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
Obi for president is for sure cool

11 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Writer01: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2022
I have already dropped five shining stars for peter obi overflows,
Peter Obi is proudly showing honour and peace already
Don't forget it's your writer once again,

Contact me for your academic assignment just WhatsApp me

8 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by DSC7: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
A new Nigeria is POssible with OBIDATTI....

God Bless OBJ...

God Bless OBIdient Nigerians...

God Bless Nigeria...

Vote Wisely 2023....

7 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
Can evil rescue you from evil?
Can Apc rescue you from Apc??
All reasonable and sane Nigerians know the right choice, follow who know road,vote for peter obi for President, vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Chinjo2: 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
Atiku is my preferred candidate but if he doesn't win, let peter Obi wins but God forbid BAT thing. Never again in this country should we have a vegetable as a president.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
Obi is loved by all, it's obvious.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2022
OBASANJO you are an expired politician in nigeria of today , hehehe you are working with the same elder statemen you work with in 2019 to enthrone new nigeria that you failed abi ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Jostoman: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
yarimo:
OBASANJO you are an expired politician in nigeria of today , hehehe you are working with the same elder statemen you work with in 2019 to enthrone new nigeria that you failed abi ?
e pain am grin

2 Likes

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by forgiveness: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2022
They alleged Obasanjo is an Igbo man from Anambra and never denied it through his body language.

They alleged from his rigging election against Awolowo to given key positions to his kinsmen doing his administration as a civilian president.

Now, it's alleged, he is on the quest to support his kinsmen.

Na wetin I hear ooooo.
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Gobekli: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
Meanwhile, Agbado criminal miscreant urchins are mainly concerned with the continuous perpetration of atrocity

Evil shall not prevail over us ijn, amen!

1 Like

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Journalistonwhe: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
Peter is the Foundation of a new Nigeria.
It is possible, it can start from me and You.
Vote for Obi for a better Naija

1 Like

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by socialmediaman: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
Work with elder statesmen across the core north also, let’s get to people like El Rufai and co and ask them to stand down.

Heroin traffickers should not be allowed to run for president in Nigeria
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by slivertongue: 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
Follow who know road
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by slivertongue: 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
Nigeria is currently at the crossroads in her political history and needs a leader with the right character and capacity to reposition the country.
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Realrealfact: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2022
Vote wisely
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Shikini: 12:24am On Dec 14, 2022
Obi
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by JOemmy(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2022
Obj is no doubt the greatest leader that nigeria have ever seen he is not a religious or tribal bigot thats why God gave him long life and good health.

1 Like

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by Okoroawusa: 12:38am On Dec 14, 2022
Oga go sleep. Every four years you and Adebanjo of Afenifere will wake up from slumber to disturb our ears.

1 Like

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by ScamHunter: 12:47am On Dec 14, 2022
A new Nigeria is possible
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by LhasaAsp: 12:53am On Dec 14, 2022
I just need this country to be working, I hope to gain a better job after school, my struggles should never be in vain.

1 Like

Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by ScamHunter: 12:55am On Dec 14, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Oga go sleep. Every four years you and Adebanjo of Afenifere will wake up from slumber to disturb our ears.

kingmaster2009:
Today is one of the day that all these Nyamiri people no abuse Obasanjo because he is supporting their obi Pandora box candidate ....

I remember in 2007 how all these Nyamiri people call obasanjo names ......now, Obasanjo has suddenly fall in their good book ...they will use him.as Aboki use him during Late Ya'ardua and dump in like an Indomie nylon....
If someone wants to give new Nigeria, will it come from Obi? Idiot is smelling....has he given Anambra state, new hope when he was the governor of Anambra state ....?/

Your eyes go soon clear

forgiveness:
They alleged Obasanjo is an Igbo man from Anambra and never denied it through his body language.

They alleged from his rigging election against Awolowo to given key positions to his kinsmen doing his administration as a civilian president.

Now, it's alleged, he is on the quest to support his kinsmen.

Na wetin I hear ooooo.

yarimo:

These druggie urchins

Cry
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by NairalandGossip: 2:41am On Dec 14, 2022
Hmmm Obasanjo and Obi. If I tell una wetin de between these two people, una go open mouth waaaaaaaah cry

Make I talk?
Re: I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 4:21am On Dec 14, 2022
Obasanjo really like Peter Obi and trust him 200%

(1) (Reply)

G-5 Governor: Reno Omokri Is Still Wailing, See His Latest Twitter / Atiku Beats Tinubu In Eungu Pu / OMG!! Scary Moment Tinubu Told Nigerians Boldly That He Can't Loos To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.