Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? (236 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: “The Day My Ex Girlfriend Came To Me For Prayers" / Leke Adeboye Calls For Prayers For Kanye West As He Becomes Bornagain Christian / Collins: My Visit To Babalola’s Tomb, Mountain And River Oni At Efon Alaaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by adem30: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2022
For many years, I have seen many clergyman and Christians visiting Tomb of a prophet for prayers.

I am.cirious because I am seeing this more KK Ike an idolatry.

Can someone enlightene me how Biblical this act is

Re: Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2022
adem30:
For many years, I have seen many clergyman and Christians visiting Tomb of a prophet for prayers.

It is Idolatry!

When a man/woman dies they have nothing to do with the living again because they are helpless and hopeless! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10

Only the living have a hope because they're still alive, so going to the tomb of a dead man for prayer is umbilical!

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by Righteousness2(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2022
Idolatry, Diaibolical, devilish and a lack of knowledge.
Re: Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by Luther0luther: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2022
This is what people would've done and kept at should they have discovered where Moses was buried.
Re: Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
Despite knowing that Jesus had resurrected many still goes to pray at the site where Jesus' body was laid! smiley
Luther0luther:
This is what people would've done and kept at should they have discovered where Moses was buried.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Tomb For Prayers Biblical? by Kobojunkiee: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
adem30:
Going to a tomb where the dead are buried to pray to a God who said you should let the dead bury their own dead? undecided

What can the dead offer to the living? They are dead and no longer without hope so how can they offer or give that which they don't even have for their own selves? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Do You See? (1) / Join Us For A Time Of Prayer...coming Soon! / Pope Francis Support Of LGBTQ Is Sincere, Gay Vatican Adviser Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.