Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment (12352 Views)

Court Vacates Order To Arrest EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / Abba Kyari Suspended By IGP Baba Usman / Ugochukwu Uba Loses As Court Vacates Order, Recognises Ozigbo As PDP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by chisomkachy: 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2022
BREAKING

3 Months Committal on IGP: Federal High Court Vacates Order

The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has on Wednesday 14th December, 2022, set aside the contempt proceedings and committal order against the Office of the Inspector-General of Police.

This is following the motion filed before the Federal High Court on Thursday 1st December, 2022, by the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, psc(+), NPM, NEAPS, fdc, CFR, highlighting the basis why the order should be vacated,

particularly as the Force had complied with the original ruling of the court for the reinstatement of one Patrick C. Okoli, the plaintiff in the matter.

https://twitter.com/Princemoye1/status/1602997639993524224?t=wl5vuQhrfklYKASE8cZN4Q&s=19

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7456672/court-sentences-igp-three-months#118772752

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by caduli: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by socialmediaman: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nigeria has a different version of democracy

I congratulate the men and women doing their best to ensure that we salvage the little remaining of this country

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by halaqasa: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
E be things walahi
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by mustbewell: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
As usual

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by bamitinn(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by JoeNL22(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hope there's nothing fishy about this case.

Obi.....hope you are taking note?

You must not show fear or favour when dispensing your duties as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Your administration must maintain law and order for a bright and better Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by TrumpDonald2: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
This is Nigeria. Laws are for the poor.

4 Likes

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Ezemarcel(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
If it were ordinary Nigerian now...they would have thrown him in prison....

With no option..... prison is for the few

Where is ABba Kyari and the case...

That one don end

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by extol1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
I don't understand
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Mrkumareze(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Court isn't for the rich. Its means for the defenceless ones

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by babyfaceafrica: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Who will arrest IGP before.. Nansense ruling

3 Likes

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Opportuneke(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
The kind of democracy we practice in Nigeria doesn’t support justice and it’s the more reason why uprisings would never stop in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Ferrarilord: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
U Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Victoxy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ono
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by alons: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Who is surprised about this development?
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Jifela627: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
READ ON

Hey guys it still paying

Palmpay are giving out #10,000 naira to new user till 24 December instantly after signing up using the special campaign link I will drop below
Even old user de use another number to register and collect it, I have collected my own so I will share with you how to get the #10,000 and when you receive it you send 20% as my own share no fakers... It free Christmas money no use am play o

Follow the instructions you will see in this Facebook post to receive the money successfully

Visit the Facebook post .https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid026yokdBdKmK84YewhGotmBuPuq14kwkewVZvFBL6cbgzcosqNKtK74KQkNYdNguB1l/?app=fbl

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by ecolime(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
socialmediaman:

I congratulate the men and women doing their best to ensure that we salvage the little remaining of this country
There is almost nothing left to salvage from this country. Our only hope is Peter Obi. We must get it right.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by booblacain(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
That order was dumb in the first place. It did nothing but make a joke of the Judiciary. Why give an order that you and everybody else know will amount to nothing.

If the goal was to embarrass the IG and to show that he is not bigger that the court, a warning would have achieved that. Now all you did was achieve the opposite.

3 Likes

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by supereagle(m): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nigeria law not effective on the mighty.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Lifted07: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
They're the judge of their own case.
Peter Obi for President!
A new Nigeria is POssible!
Please go get your PVC and let's clean this highly corrupt system.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Midehi3(f): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
Thieves
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ok, noted.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by xristos(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
as expected
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by frog12: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
we know he no go go prison grin grin grin
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by grandstar(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
I know say the IGP dey boil.

"Insult upon injury raised to the power disgrace" as chief Eleyinmi would lament
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by MrHighSea: 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
I watched a movie recently,

Above the Law
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Saao(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
Most of you didn't read it to the end. The igp has complied with the earlier judgement by reinstating mr. Patrick okoli, so that was the reason for vacating the order.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by tempest01(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
socialmediaman:

This.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Marvieduke(f): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
This is Nigeria in Falz voice.
Re: Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment by Constablepatr: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
socialmediaman:

Because you want someone else father to go to prison and doesn’t now we have a different democracy what if it someone close to you ? Would it have been a different democracy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola (666) - Lagos: The Unanswered Questions / DPO Beats Sergeant To Near-death In Lagos / Sokoto: Wamakko Set To Receive 4 Serving PDP Commissioners To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.