Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal (3689 Views)

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? / Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
I applied for a Schengen visit Visa to Sweden and my application was refused/rejected for these reasons.

I was refused a visa for
1) economic/ security situation in Nigeria

2) I did not show a Proof my financial well-being (bank accounts). Note: I had an invite who is paying for all my expenses

3) My application reads self employed, I did not show a proof of the company I own or it’s financial assets

4) I have never traveled and returned from a Schengen state.

How best can I appeal my Visa rejection

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
Too bad get ur ass alright and apply again
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by ednut1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Apply again providing the necessary home ties. Provide evidence of income and your bank statements. From your profile in that letter , japa and not come back is written all over it. So they made the right decision.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by sleek214(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
Go to court and appeal

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by advanceDNA: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Chiefsir:
I applied for a Schengen visit Visa to Sweden and my application was refused/rejected for these reasons.

I was refused a visa for

2) I did not show a Proof my financial well-being (bank accounts). Note: I had an invite who is paying for all my expenses

3) My application reads self employed, I did not show a proof of the company I own or it’s financial assets

U cannot win this appeal.....
U did not submit all that is required...
Someone wants to sponsor you is not enough.. not showing proof of business u have and income is a sign u will not come back

U for don ask pple wey sabi road....Go and repackage ur documents...at least after a year before it can fly...dont use fake statement or fake company...
..u have been denied once...if u rush submit another application with street document ...they will fárábalę check it and ban you... least ban for fake document is 10 years for all schengen area

u can also get a job....be paid correct salary that will show in ur statement then apply after 8months....correct salary like 250-300k ... 50k salary pple dey chop refusal oooo . Cos it is belived u will not come back for 50k salary..

Hope u decode?? wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

U cannot win this appeal.....
U did not submit all that is required...
Someone wants to sponsor you is not enough.. not showing proof of business u have and income is a sign u will not come back

U for don ask pple wey sabi road....Go and repackage ur documents...at least after a year before it can fly...dont use fake statement or fake company...
..u have been denied once...if u rush submit another application with street document ...they will fárábalę check it and ban you... least ban for fake document is 10 years for all schengen area

u can also get a job....be paid correct salary that will show in ur statement then apply after 8months....correct salary like 250-300k ... 50k salary pple dey chop refusal oooo . Cos it is belived u will not come back for 50k salary..

It didn’t occur to me I still had to upload my bank statement despite the recent invite which is not an issue for me cause I had inflow & outflow of more than 250k for the past few months and also I have a business I registered in February, I am thinking of upgrading it to a company (LLC) strictly for the purpose of applying for a visa again
Hope u decode?? wink
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Enddy50ty(m): 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Don't rush to reapply ooh... like this person above me said, ask people wey sabi road question before you reapply.

What I noticed about this rejection has a lot more to do with your statement of account.

Good luck with your next try.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
Enddy50ty:
Don't rush to reapply ooh... like this person above me said, ask people wey sabi road question before you reapply.

What I noticed about this rejection has a lot more to do with your statement of account.

Good luck with your next try.

Thank you.
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by advanceDNA: 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
[quote author=Chiefsir post=119157001][/quote]

Okay..thats good if u already have a company.. u dont have to wait for one year before applying

Its not enough to have a company....the company must be active...
There is something they do to make sure the company shows active when the embassy checks...
.u will have to ask those that deal with CAC registration...they will help u make small tax returns payment...then.. make aure u have consistent i flow for at least six month to when u print the statement....

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

Okay..thats good if u already have a company.. u dont have to wait for one year before applying

Its not enough to have a company....the company must be active...
There is something they do to make sure the company shows active when the embassy checks...
.u will have to ask those that deal with CAC registration...they will help u make small tax returns payment...then.. make aure u have consistent i flow for at least six month to when u print the statement....

Thank you. I just checked the business account statuses, it’s still active . I got my Tin number last month and I should have had an inflow of not less than 200k Monthly. Not so sure for every month for the past 6months
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Ashirioluwa: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
Chiefsir:

I was refused a visa for

Whether someone is funding your vacation or not, you still need to demonstrate evidence of home and economic ties.

How did you expect the officer who reviewed your application to evaluate or rate you given that you provided no information about your employment or company or your financial situation?

You or whoever helped you to package this application are to be blamed for this refusal. No immigration officer, in my opinion, will approve your application based on the way you presented it.

Despite the fact that someone is paying for your trip, you still need to show

- Employment information: A letter from your job (in your own case, it will be your company registration documents).

- Family ties: Documents like a marriage license, family photos, and kids’ birth certificates if any

- Financial ties: Documents like your bank statements

- Sponsor: You need to show your sponsor's bank statement too. Also, a letter from your sponsor

In your case, the officer wasn’t able to determine if you will overstay your visa or not.

I don’t think the appeal will change anything, but you can still give it a try if you like

4 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by advanceDNA: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
Chiefsir:

Thank you. I just checked the business account statuses, it’s still active . I got my Tin number last month and I should have had an inflow of not less than 200k Monthly. Not so sure for every month for the past 6months

I dont know how it works for schengen ..u also need to ask if the person thats sponsoring u need to also show proof of funds by submitting their account......so that they dont deny u based on his or her own document....
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by nwadikeokey11: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
With the type of documents you presented no embassy will grant you visa even if your sponsor is a millionaire over there. 1) You can't claim to be the owner of your business/company and not provide the prove of that, ie, CAC. 2.) You can't claim to be self employed and not provide a valid business/company and personal bank account statement to validate your claim and expect them to grant you visa. 3) Which tax cert did you present to them as a prove that you are a tax payer in Nigeria? That's impossible. You must prove a very strong ties to your home country which will convince them that you are coming back to Nigeria after a brief visit to Schengen areas. In fact the IV you got from your sponsor only succeeded in proving to them that you will never come back to Nigeria since that's all you have got to offer, it then means you are not what you claimed to be because a business owner can not depend on others to sponsor his trip abroad. . Even people with more valid documents get denied visa any how let alone you without any good valuable doc. First time I applied for Schengen visa under Norway embassy in Ghana I was denied even with an IV from a company in Norway to my company in Nigeria,. and also I was to travel with an ambassador of a country, with all doc provided yet they still denied me visa. Even their ambassador to Nigeria was aware of the business deal between my company and the company in Norway that was inviting me, but there was nothing the ambassador here could do since the embassy of Norway that issues visas is the one in Ghana and not the one in Nigeria. So I was denied, not withstanding the presence of an ambassador friend on the IV. So with your kind of doc just forget it, no embassy will give you visa on that doc.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by ItsTutsi(m): 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2022
How much is necessarily for financial income ?
ednut1:
Apply again providing the necessary home ties. Provide evidence of income and your bank statements. From your profile in that letter , japa and not come back is written all over it. So they made the right decision.
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
With the type of documents you presented no embassy will grant you visa even if your sponsor is a millionaire over there. 1) You can't claim to be the owner of your business/company and not provide the prove of that, ie, CAC. 2.) You can't claim to be self employed and not provide a valid business/company and personal bank account statement to validate your claim and expect them to grant you visa. That's impossible. You must prove a very strong ties to your home country which will convince them that you are coming back to Nigeria after a brief visit to Schengen areas. In fact the IV you got from your sponsor only succeeded in proving to them that you will never come back to Nigeria since that's all you have got to offer, it then means you are not what you cliamed to be because a business owner can not depend on others to sponsor his trip abroad. . Even people with more valid documents get denied visa any how let alone you without any good valuable doc. First time I applied for Schengen visa under Norway embassy in Ghana I was denied even with an IV from a company in Norway to my company in Nigeria,. and also I was to travel with an embassador of a country, with all doc provided yet they still denied me visa. Even their ambassador to Nigeria was aware of the business deal between my company and the company in Norway that was inviting me, but there was nothing the ambassador here could do since the embassy of Norway that issues visas is the one in Ghana and not the one in Nigeria. So I was denied, not withstanding the presence of an ambassador friend on the IV. So with your kind of doc just forget it, no embassy will give you visa on that doc.

Thank you very much for your input . I am taking notes of all you said

In my subsequent application I will add my personal
Bank statements, proof of family ties & my business documents in my application

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by papito737: 11:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
You were not refused the visa because you haven't visited a schengen country or the economic situation of the country. You were refused because you claimed to be self-employed but did not show it.
You can appeal by replying the email if you have documents to prove you actually have a company (must be registered); show also that the company is still alive - bank statements alone can do this; show your own personal bank account. If you don't truly have all these, don't even bother to reapply using same format talk less of appealing.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Nicepoker(m): 12:07am On Dec 15, 2022
They don't want you near their country.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 1:26am On Dec 15, 2022
papito737:
You were not refused the visa because you haven't visited a schengen country or the economic situation of the country. You were refused because you claimed to be self-employed but did not show it.
You can appeal by replying the email if you have documents to prove you actually have a company (must be registered); show also that the company is still alive - bank statements alone can do this; show your own personal bank account. If you don't truly have all these, don't even bother to reapply using same format talk less of appealing.

Thank you for your response . I don’t have a bank account for the company, can I use CAC status to show it’s active cause a search on CAC using the registration shows it’s active
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by EniHolar(f): 3:35am On Dec 15, 2022
I feel your pain and disappointment.

Be strong, make necessary corrections and try again. Don't rush yourself.
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by JeffreyJunior: 4:09am On Dec 15, 2022
ednut1:
To immediately reapply will be waste of time and resources.

He has a virgin passport, and needs to disvirgin it first.

He was invited for a visit, not like family member applied an immigrant visa petition for him so appealing the denial will be foolhardy. He shouldn't do it.
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by ednut1(m): 4:12am On Dec 15, 2022
ItsTutsi:
How much is necessarily for financial income ?
sufficient enough to justify travelling on a visit
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by ednut1(m): 4:13am On Dec 15, 2022
Chiefsir:

200k is not enough to show you will return to Nigeria after the visiting. You can build your travel history too with ghana, south africa or arab countries
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Treassured: 6:09am On Dec 15, 2022
This Visa thing Is not hard as most people usually think. There Is one major factor needed In granting someone a Visa. "Strong FINANCE" then the right Documentation.

Not having a "Strong Finance" and applying for Visas Is Just a waste of time and efforts.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by iHateFraudsters: 6:40am On Dec 15, 2022
You don destroy Naija finish, now you want jakpa?

We die here together.

Vote Peter Obi before you reapply.

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by HRprof: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2022
Chiefsir:

Thank you for your response . I don’t have a bank account for the company, can I use CAC status to show it’s active cause a search on CAC using the registration shows it’s active

Open bank account for your business is not hard, do inflow and outflow transaction on it for 6 months or 1 year.
Schengen embassies don’t check your CAC status on CAC website only UK does that.
Ensure your CAC documents you will provide carry your information not another person own.
As self employed they expected you to sponsor yourself on visit to their country.
Your visa denial is justified no need of appeal rearrange your documents with free information we drop here in 6months to 1 year and reapply
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Chiefsir(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2022
HRprof:

Open bank account for your business is not hard, do inflow and outflow transaction on it for 6 months or 1 year.
Schengen embassies don’t check your CAC status on CAC website only UK does that.
Ensure your CAC documents you will provide carry your information not another person own.
As self employed they expected you to sponsor yourself on visit to their country.
Your visa denial is justified no need of appeal rearrange your documents with free information we drop here in 6months to 1 year and reapply

Thank you for your response, I don’t have 6months to 1 year. I only have a month to re apply. I want to apply in January but instead of a visit visa , I am working on my networking to get an employment ( employment letter & company invite) so I can apply for a business visa . I am also thinking of buying a landed property in my company’s name as well as buying a personal landed property to boost my home ties . Meanwhile I will submit my personal bank statement with not less than 3M as ledger balance . I honestly hope this should be good enough to get the visa

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by Originalsly: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2022
Bro... basic info you did not provide. It is clear you have no intentions of returning and they will red flag you. Your next application will be really scrutinized.
Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by nwadikeokey11: 11:38am On Dec 15, 2022
Chiefsir:

Thank you for your response, I don’t have 6months to 1 year. I only have a month to re apply. I want to apply in January but instead of a visit visa , I am working on my networking to get an employment ( employment letter & company invite) so I can apply for a business visa . I am also thinking of buying a landed property in my company’s name as well as buying a personal landed property to boost my home ties . Meanwhile I will submit my personal bank statement with not less than 3M as ledger balance . I honestly hope this should be good enough to get the visa
My friend pls don't waste your time and money reapplying so soon because it won't go. It will signal desperation and that would amount to outright denial and may elongate your chances of securing Schengen visa in the nearest future. At my first Schengen visa application I had over 10mil in my personal bank account and more than 20mil in one of my company's bank account I presented. I had a serving Ambassador of a country whose embassy is in Abuja in my entourage, including my PA and my company secretary. I had a business IV from a reputable sea food company in Norway and the trip was exclusively on a business bilateral purpose. I was married with 5 kids. Had both landed and housing properties both in Lagos and in Owerri. Was above 40years of age. Their Embassy in Abuja was aware of the trip because it was a multiple million dollar business deal. I had traveled to several other countries before but not countries within Schengen area. I presented my tax clearance and every single documents requested by them. Every thing was going on fine and there was no reason I should have been denied but yet I was denied, you know why? Simply because I had not visited any Schengen country before and my company account statement I presented didn't have an expected amount for a person going for such a business deal. The money they expected in that business account should be at least 100mil but I sent in account statement of around 20mil as a company account. That was so little for a person going to sign a business deal that Worth over 2mil dollar at that time. So you see, they were not too convinced hence my denial. So take the advice of the guy you responded to. Take your time and build both your personal and company account or you will just be wasting your time and money because they won't give you their visa. Don't damage your future chances of getting visa due to over hurry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by HRprof: 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Chiefsir:

Thank you for your response, I don’t have 6months to 1 year. I only have a month to re apply. I want to apply in January but instead of a visit visa , I am working on my networking to get an employment ( employment letter & company invite } so I can apply for a business visa . I am also thinking of buying a landed property in my company’s name as well as buying a personal landed property to boost my home ties . Meanwhile I will submit my personal bank statement with not less than 3M as ledger balance . I honestly hope this should be good enough to get the visa

You want to waste more money
Work visa doesn’t require you to have a landed property here before they give you visa
On your initial application you mentioned self employed now you want to get employment visa grin Red flag
Bro is obvious you are in your 20’s you guys always want to learn in a hard way

1 Like

Re: I Was Denied A Visa, How Do I Appeal by vibrant99(m): 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
This is rather the wrong time to apply for Tourist Visa, all these people telling what to or not to do are basically people like you who want to apply tomorrow too.

1. Nigerian Government is really working underground to frustrate Travelling abroad right now, they are using diverse means and systems.
Most Schengen are not even working, some are not giving, while others are just watching, and the US is even worse, Maybe the UK could give because you will spend more money!

2. They already outline the current situation in Nigeria, I believe you are not expecting them to spell it out.
Elections is coming
Exchange rates
Japa-Ings

So in all this, I wonder who will be spending so much money to just go and see EUROPE?

3. Don't bother re-applying till after this election and much further into 2023, ..... Tourist Visa now is earned!

4. Sweden is denying students, ITALY is denying students, SPAIN is denying students, so it's not a coincidence, Lithuania has stopped, Portugal has stopped ....etc!

Take ur time before reapplying, .... Europe Tight now!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? / Best Eauropean Country. (with Poll) Experienced People Please Answer. / Why I Love USA More Than Canada And Any Other Country!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.