Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods (728 Views)

Basic Terms Used For Italian Cuisine | Key Ingredients For Making Italian Dish / Ekiti/ondo State Cuisine / Nigerian Online Cook Off Show : Showcasing African Cuisine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Probz(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
It goes without saying that between Igbo, Efik-Ibibio, Urhobo, Yoruba, Hausa and whatnot Nigeria has some fine delicacies (and in a way the general Nigerian cooking style may or may not have influenced the complex cooking styles of many other parts of the world) but let’s take a break from Naija-Naija business (if Peter Obi will allow us) and talk about cuisine from other parts of the world (and it is good to be a bit of a world-connoisseur and have an awareness of how it is outside your immediate zone, because human diversity is a wonderful thing). You can list as many or as few as you like but I’m just going to do my top-5.

1. Chiquito (I don’t know how I feel about Mexican food as a whole yet, as similar as the stews are, but Chiquito is one of the littest restaurants going)

2. Italian

3. Southern U.S. cuisine, especially the New Orleans/Louisville/Cajun/Floribbean kind

4. Indian

5. (joint-) Moroccan and Lebanese

Over to you guys.
Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Probz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Honourable mentions to Yorkie-pud. (if you know, you know; can’t be arsed explaining it) & cranberry-sauce, pigs-in-blankets, Costco-cake (preferably vanilla-filled rather than bitty jam) Friday-night Chinese/fish and chips, Cajun fries, buffalo wings, Sunday roast, toast and Indonesian. A lot of these foods would go from 75 to 90/100 if duck fat was used more conventionally (and ukwa/okpa flour at all) but as they are they’re pretty sweet.
Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by mariahAngel(f): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2022
I like Italian cuisine.
Their simple way of cooking and their use of mostly fresh (healthy) ingredients.
(Also, they don't use too many ingredients at a time)
Probably why they (mostly) have beautiful hair and skin, and they age well too.
Plus, they're hardly fat.

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Probz(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
mariahAngel:
I like Italian cuisine.
Their simple way of cooking and their use of mostly fresh (healthy) ingredients.

The only gripe I have with Italian cuisine is that is very-much is (all shades of) pasta and pizza so on that front it gets a bit monotonous but boy is their pasta sweet.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Munzy14(m): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:
I like Italian cuisine.
Plus French people..They eat healthy.

Soooo drum rollssssssssssssssssssssss cheesy

Happy happy birthday to you..

You've been an amazing and super human.

Keep being you and keep being the super traditional feminine woman.

Cheers to a splendid year ahead with all your heart desires intact.

Nairaland rushing to have your birthday cake..just drop location grin

1 Like

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by mariahAngel(f): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Plus French people..They eat healthy.

Soooo drum rollssssssssssssssssssssss cheesy

Happy happy birthday to you..

You've been an amazing and super human.

Keep being you and keep being the super traditional feminine woman.

Cheers to a splendid year ahead with all your heart desires intact.

Nairaland rushing to have your birthday cake..just drop location grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank you so much.
I truly appreciate. cheesy

They should not bother... I'll bring the cake to nairaland instead. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Munzy14(m): 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank you so much.
I truly appreciate. cheesy

They should not bother... I'll bring the cake to nairaland instead. cheesy
grin grin

Ngwanu we are waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by ibkayee(f): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
1. Korean food (fried chicken, bulgogi, jjajangmyeon, tteokbokki, pickled radish, seafood pancake, mandu and surprisingly kimchi)

2. Japanese food (tonkotsu ramen, katsu curry, standard sushi)

3. British cuisine isn’t really known for being anything special but (shepherd’s pie, standard battered/breaded cod and chips, some of their pies, Yorkshire pudding)

4. Vietnamese (just pho)

5. Thai (a lot of their foods are peanut based so I steer clear but I like their red thai curry)

6. Jamaican (oxtail stew with rice and peas, dumplings)

7. Spanish (paella)

8. Greek (not really a meal per se but I love their olives and feta cheese)

9. Not a fan of Indian food in general but I love their fresh homemade vegetable samosas

10. Argentine (their steaks)

11. Lebanese (not really a meal but I’m obsessed with hummus and warm pita bread)

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Continental/foreign Cuisine/foods by Probz(m): 11:47pm On Jan 29
ibkayee:
1. Korean food (fried chicken, bulgogi, jjajangmyeon, tteokbokki, pickled radish, seafood pancake, mandu and surprisingly kimchi)

2. Japanese food (tonkotsu ramen, katsu curry, standard sushi)

3. British cuisine isn’t really known for being anything special but (shepherd’s pie, standard battered/breaded cod and chips, some of their pies, Yorkshire pudding)

4. Vietnamese (just pho)

5. Thai (a lot of their foods are peanut based so I steer clear but I like their red thai curry)

6. Jamaican (oxtail stew with rice and peas, dumplings)

7. Spanish (paella)

8. Greek (not really a meal per se but I love their olives and feta cheese)

9. Not a fan of Indian food in general but I love their fresh homemade vegetable samosas

10. Argentine (their steaks)

11. Lebanese (not really a meal but I’m obsessed with hummus and warm pita bread)

A lot of people sh*t on sushi but I feel like it just depends on how it’s made and whether the particular fish used is to your liking. And the thing is no marra how good a cook you are, someone somewhere is liable to complain about your food and not like it for whatever reason. If you don’t like salmon, you don’t like it, but that’s not the chef’s fault. With me, now, I can make a banging grouse stock (zero-skim) for ukwa or jollof rice or do you an equivalent version of toast with a bit of liver, blueberry and smooth butter to boot but you are not getting a decent ham buttie off-of me if my life depended on it. I do much better with complex foods that a lot of people would find very hard to cook the run-of-the-mill cold stuff. Having Igbotic hands I’m used to everything in the kitchen being long and complicated. I can rock with simplicity for the ride but I rarely cook simple meals compared to heavier, more seasoned ones so when I do I’m very average. Someone else can make the small bits, the sarnies, the samosas or small cookies while I boil the yam or lime-purified akpu-cassava in goose stock and get the tolo-tolo and venison stew ready.

(1) (Reply)

Eating Solid Openly / Right One / Large Quatity Of Cassava Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.