Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,977 members, 7,841,747 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (660580 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (1841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by emmaodet: 12:47am On May 13
Vic2023:
🇮🇱🇵🇸 Hamas militants drop ammunition from a copter onto an Israeli Namer armored personnel carrier, however, there is only a hit.

Does Hamas have helicopter? If so, why is it not visible enough for isrealis to destroy and I thought the Gaza airspace is totally controlled by isreal? Right?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by StudyBarn: 12:49am On May 13
Appleyard:

Guy, the man worked for and served the interest of Hitler. Simple.

Yes and frankly that's disgusting... End of story

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 12:52am On May 13
Masterviolence:

I said this around June last year that his time was up and he would be replaced, but some persons still try to sound unreasonable by being argumentative.
The guy managed to have his country outproduce the usa and its around 40 allies combined in weapons production.
You don't realize how amazing a job Shoigu did. And I repeat, he was due for retirement before this war, he was specifically asked to continue as minister of defence after the war started eventhough he had already done his time and wanted out before the war.

His replacement has an amazing cv, except for someone with such a cv, anybody else would pale in comparison with Shoigu.
Nobody can keep that position forever. Shoigu's successor definately deserves his turn.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 6:56am On May 13
⚡Iranian lawmaker declares Tehran obtained nuclear bombs — Fox News

After the head of the United Nation’s atomic watchdog agency warned that Iran has enough uranium to produce "several" nuclear bombs, a firebrand Iranian lawmaker declared on Friday that the Islamic Republic of Iran possesses atomic weapons.

"In my opinion, we have achieved nuclear weapons, but we do not announce it. It means our policy is to possess nuclear bombs, but our declared policy is currently within the framework of the JCPOA," Ahmad Bakhshayesh Ardestani told the Iran-based outlet Rouydad 24 on Friday, according to an article published by the independent news organization Iran International in London.

1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 7:08am On May 13
⚡U.S. Secretary of State, Antony Blinken spoke this morning by Phone with Israeli Minister of Defense, Yoav Gallant where he Reaffirmed the United States’s Commitment to Israeli Defense and the Defeat of Hamas, but also the Biden Administration’s continued Opposition to a Major Ground Invasion of Rafah in the Southern Gaza Strip.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 7:24am On May 13
⚡The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces stated earlier today that the Situation in the Northeastern Kharkiv Region is “Difficult” with the Russian Ground Forces having now Deployed upwards of 5 Battalions against the City of Vovchansk, where they are having Tactical Successes.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vic2023: 7:30am On May 13
emmaodet:

Does Hamas have helicopter? If so, why is it not visible enough for isrealis to destroy and I thought the Gaza airspace is totally controlled by isreal? Right?
drone

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 7:34am On May 13
⚡Kim Jong-un took up arms & visited the leading defense enterprises of North Korea, where he tested a new sniper rifle and inspected modernized MLRS systems.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 7:37am On May 13
⚡Ukrainian forces lost two air defense systems "Patriot" trying to intercept cheap guided bombs, said British expert Justin Bronk for "Daily Mail".

"Unfortunately, it is very difficult to defend against guided bombs, as the Russians can drop them from afar. The Ukrainians moved the Patriot systems and radar close to the front line to engage them quickly.

They lost two systems. A reconnaissance drone found them, after which they were hit by ballistic missiles," Bronk said.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:50am On May 13
Ghostagain:

1. Prigozhin was a self absorbed agent of chaos who nearly caused a civil war in his country while his country was already at war.
2. Shoigu has done an incredible job as defence minister, eventhough Shoigu wanted to resign litle before the current war, he stayed on to help his country. Now that is something.
I really wish he didn't make that silly move, went from being a Hero to a traitor real quick

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:54am On May 13
Ghostagain:

1. Prigozhin was a self absorbed agent of chaos who nearly caused a civil war in his country while his country was already at war.
2. Shoigu has done an incredible job as defence minister, eventhough Shoigu wanted to resign litle before the current war, he stayed on to help his country. Now that is something.

Shoigu did a fantastic 🤘🤘🤘🤘 job

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:55am On May 13
dvkot:
honestly I think prigozin was making a good point, he want shogiu to go all out in Ukraine but shougiu is slow, Do u think any nation will endure half of what Russia has endured?
If shougiu had gone all out like prigozin wanted and turn Ukraine to Gaza this thing would have ended since

I think that's why they called it "Special Military Operation".
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 8:04am On May 13
⚡Russian Su-34 fighter jet strikes with guided UMPK bombs, reportedly targeting Ukrainian air defense system.

After the initial strikes, double tap strikes were repeated on the same target to maximize damage/casualties.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:47am On May 13
WritterNg:
⚡Russian Su-34 fighter jet strikes with guided UMPK bombs, reportedly targeting Ukrainian air defense system.

After the initial strikes, double tap strikes were repeated on the same target to maximize damage/casualties.

Beautiful

This what many USA military men look like
After Afghanistan

Guess what Russia will do to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Masterviolence(m): 8:52am On May 13
Ghostagain:

The guy managed to have his country outproduce the usa and its around 40 allies combined in weapons production.
You don't realize how amazing a job Shoigu did. And I repeat, he was due for retirement before this war, he was specifically asked to continue as minister of defence after the war started even though he had already done his time and wanted out before the war.

His replacement has an amazing cv, except for someone with such a cv, anybody else would pale in comparison with Shoigu.
Nobody can keep that position forever. Shoigu's successor definitely deserves his turn.
Did you quote me because of my comment or you quote me to sound intelligent?

I'll take this one at a time.
First, explain how Shoigu, a defense minister that assumed office in 2012, was responsible for Russia's defense output in 2024. Modern Russia should be giving praises to the Soviet Russia who is responsible for a vast majority of Russia's military industrial complex we see today.

Secondly, Explain to me in accordance to the Russia's constitution, that shows Shoigu was due for retirement, because according to the Russia's constitution that I know, The Defense Minister's post does not have a term limit. Instead, the ruling president decide how long a defense minister can stay in office.

Thirdly, Please provide a link to an official Russian media outlet that claimed Shoigu was specifically asked to continue as Defense minister when the special military operation started, I'll sit back on this until you give me a legit source because everything about this particular claim of yours are speculations and nothing more.

But when it is time to give Shoigu his flowers I'll definitely give it to him for his great works especially in Syria.

But the genesis of Shoigu's relieve from duty was his failure in Ukraine.
How do you put it?
How would a country like Russia fail to decode sensitive Intels before rolling old tanks into Ukraine.
Prigozhin was a lunatic but his message was clear and that is; Shoigu was too incompetent to handle the Ukraine Saga.
It's either he lacks the idea of what's happening on the Frontlines or clear negligence from his side.
I'll still give Shoigu's his flowers, that man has been one of the great figures of modern day Russia, and has been a high ranking individual since 2000, who did his job with great honor and I like how he handled Syria but failed to live to expectations in Ukraine.
In war time, positions change hands and that's what we see in Russia and Ukraine today.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 8:57am On May 13
⚡Financial Times source on new Russian Defence Minisiter Andrei Belousov:

“He’s absolutely not corrupted. And that’s going to be very different from what we have now in the ministry of defence. Shoigu and everyone around him were really commercial guys.”

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 8:59am On May 13
⚡Afghanistan is ready to start work on the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline project.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 9:16am On May 13
Ok, I quoted you to sound intelligent.
I don't have time to read disrespectful people's long write ups.
Masterviolence:

Did you quote me because of my comment or you quote me to sound intelligent?

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Masterviolence(m): 9:18am On May 13
Ghostagain:
Ok, I quoted you to sound intelligent.
I don't have time to read disrespectful people's long write ups.
That's what I thought, next time let your comments be factual and I won't quote you.

Adios.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 9:21am On May 13
Contradiction spotted
WritterNg:
⚡U.S. Secretary of State, Antony Blinken spoke this morning by Phone with Israeli Minister of Defense, Yoav Gallant where he Reaffirmed the United States’s Commitment to Israeli Defense and the Defeat of Hamas, but also the Biden Administration’s continued Opposition to a Major Ground Invasion of Rafah in the Southern Gaza Strip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ghostagain: 9:22am On May 13
Please, don't quote me again. I don't have time for the likes of you.
Masterviolence:

That's what I thought, next time let your comments be factual and I won't quote you.

Adios.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Masterviolence(m): 9:23am On May 13
Ghostagain:
Please, don't quote me again. I don't have time for the likes of you.
You should also practice as you've preached.

Adios.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:16am On May 13
they're shocked Russia🇷🇺 is gaining friends grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 10:33am On May 13
⚡“Chinese People's Army (PLA) has enough strength to remove all obstacles.”

— China has made significant advancements in drone swarm technology that could provide a tactical advantage in future conflicts.

— China's DJI alone holds over 70% of the consumer drone market.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 10:38am On May 13
WritterNg:
⚡“Chinese People's Army (PLA) has enough strength to remove all obstacles.”

— China has made significant advancements in drone swarm technology that could provide a tactical advantage in future conflicts.

— China's DJI alone holds over 70% of the consumer drone market.
this is the future of war .. drone swarm towards any enemy ship will destroy it. America aircraft carrier should take note

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:06am On May 13
⚡4 Israeli Soldiers were Injured this morning and Transported to nearby Hospitals, after their Outpost near the Northern Israeli Town of Yiftah was Struck by several Anti-Tank Guided Missiles launched by Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:09am On May 13
Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said Monday he was open to allowing nuclear weapons on Swedish soil in wartime, as critics call for the new NATO member to ban their deployment.

Sweden’s parliament is set to vote on a Defence Cooperation Agreement (DCA) with the United States in June which will give the US access to military bases in Sweden and allow the storage of military equipment and weapons in the Scandinavian country.

Sweden abandoned two centuries of military non-alignment to join NATO in March this year.

Calls have mounted in recent weeks, from the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Association among others, for the government to put in writing in the DCA agreement that Sweden will not allow nuclear weapons on its soil.

The government has repeatedly insisted there is no need to have a ban spelled out, citing “broad consensus on nuclear weapons” in Sweden as well as a parliamentary decision that bars nuclear weapons in Sweden in peacetime.

But Kristersson said on Monday that wartime was a different story.

“In a war situation it’s a completely different matter, (it) would depend entirely on what would happen,” he told public broadcaster Swedish Radio.

“In the absolute worst-case scenario, the democratic countries in our part of the world must ultimately be able to defend themselves against countries that could threaten us with nuclear weapons.”

He insisted that any such decision to place nuclear weapons in Sweden would be taken by Sweden, not the United States.

“Sweden decides over Swedish territory,” he said.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:42am On May 13
🇷🇺 🆚 🇺🇸

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:45am On May 13
⚡Indonesia's Mount Ibu erupts, spews massive ash tower.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:48am On May 13
⚡Germany will not return draft-age refugees to Ukraine

According to Chancellor Scholz, this applies to those who have found work and received a residence permit in the country. Therefore, he encouraged Ukrainian refugees to find employment.

“Many are already doing this, but there are still several hundred thousand who are urgently needed in the labor market,” he said.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNg: 11:49am On May 13
⚡Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon Web Services used 90 terawatt-hours of electricity in 2022, which is more than the country of Colombia - JPMorgan Chase

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 1:21pm On May 13
WritterNg:
⚡Georgia Election Board dumbfounded after finding out that 3,000 ballots were scanned twice in the 2020 election recount in Fulton County.

The board also revealed that 380,761 ballot images from machine count were “not available.”

We knew it was rigged.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (1841) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Obedience40, raumdeuter and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.