Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,971 members, 7,863,456 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (707348 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (1951) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 10:02am On May 27
WrriterNg:
⚡Iran's former president Ahmadinejad considers running for president again in less than 50 days.

I thought someone above claimed that Iran do not practise democracy or do elections?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 10:26am On May 27
⚡President Xi Jinping's dream came true:

China has become the world’s largest auto market and sells more EVs than any other country. The success is adding to tensions with the West.

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by usmanpogo: 10:54am On May 27
obedience4:

"Colonialism" is the scapegoat Africans especially Nigerians used to hide their inadequacies to build and develop their continent and nation

Mighty China was under colonial rule by the imperial Japanese empire

Singapore a landlocked nation colonised by the British without even 2% of Nigeria resources under prime minister
Lee Kuan Yew was transformed from 3rd world Nation to 1st world Nation

South Korea also colonised by the imperial Japanese empire, have also made giant stride

In fact historians will tell you that there is only 7 countries that have never been colonised, 1 in Africa: Ethiopia, and 6 in Asia: Japan, Bhutan, Nepal, Iran, China, Thailand

Yet we are in the 21st century people are still shouting colonialism when other nations have moved on and started developing their Nations. 50 year's from now some Nigerians will still blame the British for their woes

I apologize for the abrupt interjection, we as Africans have no one to blame for our shortcomings but ourselves.
We can try to debate this all year long but at some point we'll have to agree we have no one else to blame but ourselves.

However, I'm of the opinion that you trying to downplay the word "colonialism" is one of the greatest disservice to our great continent. If the good people of Jewish decent can still talk about their ordeal or simply put " the Holocaust", I see no reason to downplay or whitewash the hardship our forebears went through.

Furthermore, to my bemusement, this subject matter was one way or the other absent in our school curriculums. To the best of my knowledge, it was barely spoken of or taught, I fear the coming generations would know nothing about these heinous act or the gravity of the subject ( that would explain your notion).

In conclusion, I urge you to retract your last paragraph, as it contains elements of revisionism. The British conquest in Nigeria and Africa as whole was despicable, the Jewish people didn't forget about the Holocaust, we as Africans need not forget.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 11:37am On May 27
⚡Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Uzbek counterpart Shavkat Mirziyoyev have met at the Kuksaroy Presidential Palace in Tashkent.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 12:01pm On May 27
⚡A Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket that is to blast off with the Progress MS-27 cargo spaceship on May 30 has been assembled, Russia’s state space corporation Roscosmos said.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 12:22pm On May 27
Procashtips:

I thought someone above claimed that Iran do not practise democracy or do elections?

Iran combine Islamic system of government, theocracy, democracy amongst others. Like I said previously, it mustn't be democracy, practice whatever systems that fits your society, even if it mean combining 3 systems. If there is any part of democracy or Islamic system that fits your society take it. I think the only good thing about democracy is election where people can choose who leads them.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 12:25pm On May 27
⚡Saeed Jalili, considered a nightmare scenario for Western governments due to his stance on nuclear issues, is running for the presidency of Iran.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 12:25pm On May 27
Procashtips:

Go and read my post, I said the supreme ruler
Don't be unfortunate grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 12:39pm On May 27
⚡Endless irresponsibility in Europe — Hungarian PM Orban

“Europe is so drawn into the war that it does not even have an estimate of the amount of costs and means necessary to achieve the military goal it has set. I have never seen anything more irresponsible in my life,” Hungarian PM Viktor Orban said in an interview with the YouTube channel Patrióta.

He added that he believes NATO is itching to get involved in the Ukraine conflict directly and that the alliance is refusing to listen to reason on the matter.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 12:42pm On May 27
usmanpogo:

I apologize for the abrupt interjection, we as Africans have no one to blame for our shortcomings but ourselves.
We can try to debate this all year long but at some point we'll have to agree we have no one else to blame but ourselves.

However, I'm of the opinion that you trying to downplay the word "colonialism" is one of the greatest disservice to our great continent. If the good people of Jewish decent can still talk about their ordeal or simply put " the Holocaust", I see no reason to downplay or whitewash the hardship our forebears went through.

Furthermore, to my bemusement, this subject matter was one way or the other absent in our school curriculums. To the best of my knowledge, it was barely spoken of or taught, I fear the coming generations would know nothing about these heinous act or the gravity of the subject ( that would explain your notion).

In conclusion, I urge you to retract your last paragraph, as it contains elements of revisionism. The British conquest in Nigeria and Africa as whole was despicable, the Jewish people didn't forget about the Holocaust, we as Africans need not forget.

Love your disposition on the subject matter,
I didn't say we should forget about "colonialism" and also support that most people don't know the exploitation Africa endure during the hay days of colonial rule.
And rightly should be enlighten on the things that happened in the past

But my issue is why after so many year's why will Africans especially Nigerians still putting the blame on colonialism,
For the underdevelopment, poverty, crisis on colonialism. No Africa country apart from south Sudan that isn't over 50 years as a independent sovereign state

The Jewish state endured the holocaust, has that stop isreal from developing into one of the most technological country in the middle East. has the second-largest number of startup companies in the world after the United States and the third-largest number of NASDAQ-listed companies after the U.S. and China

In conclusion do you know that Isreal even with the holocaust history, that after China, the USA, Germany is isreal biggest trading partner, so even though Isreal remember it's holocaust history, did that stop it from moving on and even having the same Germany as it's largest trading partner in Europe

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 12:42pm On May 27
⚡Kaya Kallas: Putin wanted to prevent me from becoming head of NATO

"When we talk about different positions at the European level or in NATO, the main argument against me is that I am an anti-Russian provocateur. That’s why the Russians put me on this list to make it clear that I’m provoking them."

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 12:52pm On May 27
Ibime:

Come back in 2 decades if you are still alive

I just told you BlackRock alone has more Assets Under Management than all countries reserves combined, with jara left, you still dey do caveman analysis, counting billions in foreign reserves when people are holding trillions in dollar denominated assets

Your father never used dollar 20 years ago, today you use dollar in various forms from paying for courses to crypto.

Don't sound childish. cool

BlackRock is a company, not a state. It is subject to state financial rules and regulations. If push comes to shoves and the governing state where it or it's subsidiaries operates introduce monetary policies that undermine the use of the dollar, BlackRock would simply have to comply, sell of its dollar holdings since it cannot use them overwhelmingly in its business dealings with certain clients and third parties. So, it's holdings are immaterial in terms of financial market regulations.

Talk of the people that matters ... States and their financial regulating agencies and organizations.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 12:54pm On May 27
Obedience40:

Go and read my post, I said the supreme ruler
Don't be unfortunate grin

What exactly are you saying?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 12:55pm On May 27
Alamkir:

Iran combine Islamic system of government, theocracy, democracy amongst others. Like I said previously, it mustn't be democracy, practice whatever systems that fits your society, even if it mean combining 3 systems. If there is any part of democracy or Islamic system that fits your society take it. I think the only good thing about democracy is election where people can choose who leads them.

Thank you.

But to the slaves with their heads buried deep inside inferiority, it has to be the Western/NATO style democracy/system of government or nothing.

Whatever is not approved by their slave masters is bad and must not be practised. What kind of democracy is that?

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 12:57pm On May 27
Procashtips:

What exactly are you saying?

The Iranian people don't get to choose who becomes the supreme leader.

In fact they don't even get to choose WHO becomes president, because the candidates are impose on them.

Same as Putin has been impose on the Russian people.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 1:04pm On May 27
Appleyard:
Don't sound childish. cool

BlackRock is a company, not a state. It is subject to state financial rules and regulations. If push comes to shoves and the governing state where it or it's subsidiaries operates introduce monetary policies that undermine the use of the dollar, BlackRock would simply have to comply, sell of its dollar holdings since it cannot use them overwhelmingly in its business dealings with certain clients and third parties. So, it's holdings are immaterial in terms of financial market regulations.

Talk of the people that matters ... States and their financial regulating agencies and organizations.

Talk materiality not caveman analysis

This is what drives dollar demand, trillions of our pensions and savings being held by BlackRock and co, not few billions held by countries, not to mention the money held by individuals and companies who are transacting in dollar daily

That's before we even get to other asset managers, 2 of whom individually hold more than all countries combined.

90% of BlackRock holdings are in America or Europe or friendly nations

That's the materiality aspect, not to mention the fact that nobody in the world will hold their assets in Yuan, when Chinese themselves don't use Yuan but renmibi which is only for internal Chinese to use..

Two conditions always apply to the dominant currency of the world. It must be freely traded and the issuer must be the dominant naval power in the world. That has always applied whether it was the Roman Denarius, the Spanish Real, the British Pound or the American dollar and that's not changing anytime soon.

You also think countries like India will take leadership from the Chinese who are their geopolitical enemies and constantly pressuring them with Pakistan and the likes. Don't let BRICS fool you, nobody trusts their future to the autocratic Chinese whose Government have few humanist values.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 1:04pm On May 27
Obedience40:

In fact they don't even get to choose WHO becomes president, because the candidates are impose on them.

Does the British, Danish, Norwish, Swedish, etc people get to choose who becomes their king or queen?

Or the problem you have is because Iran calls their supreme leader and not king or queen?

Apart from Democrat and Republican, can the American people pick anyone else ?

Even within these 2, the owners of America decide who's selected from any of these 2 sides of a coin.

The problem you have is a shallow mentality on how the world operates.

You need to understand that virtually everything in the world system belong to the same plug, what differs is the name they're called.

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 1:09pm On May 27
WHAT is the definition of DEMOCRACY

According to the Marian Webster
a
: government by the people
especially : rule of the majority
b
: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Key word there is the people

When the ultimate power isn't vested in the people then it. isn't democracy
Iran dose not practice any f**king democracy because the power isn't vested in the people the supreme leader of Iran who is the highest authority in Iran wasn't voted Or elected by the people
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 1:18pm On May 27
Procashtips:

Does the British, Danish, Norwish, Swedish, etc people get to choose who becomes their king or queen?

Or the problem you have is because Iran calls their supreme leader and not king or queen?

Apart from Democrat and Republican, can the American people pick anyone else ?

Even within these 2, the owners of America decide who's selected from any of these 2 sides of a coin.

The problem you have is a shallow mentality on how the world operates.

You need to understand that virtually everything in the world system belong to the same plug, what differs is the name they're called.

Is the king of England the highest authority in England ??

A country with a monarch style of government is Jordan There is prime minister Bisher Khasawneh who is the prime minister of Jordan Then there is king Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, In Jordan king abdullah is the highest authority in Jordan

Is like saying the emperor of Japan has more power than prime minister Fumio Kishida

Iran supreme leader is the highest authority in Iran and wasn't voted in by the people period

Lol

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 1:25pm On May 27
Obedience40:

A country with a monarch style of government is Jordan There is prime minister Bisher Khasawneh who is the prime minister of Jordan Then there is king Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein In Jordan king abdullah is the highest authority in Jordan

Is like saying the emperor of Japan has more power than prime minister Fumio Kishida

Iran supreme leader is the highest authority in Iran and wasn't voted in by the people period

Lol

And what's wrong with that?

Do you think Sunak would make any big time decision in the UK without approvals from the royal house?

Like I said, you are living life on the surface.

Iran has chosen the system they want just as the US, UK and other chose theirs, how on earth is this an headache to you?

Is Iran asking you to convert to their system?

Who is actually going around the world trying to force others into practising their own system of government?

Who is actually democratic in the sense of it?

Abeg I get better things to do.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNg: 1:33pm On May 27
⚡An aircraft has crashed in a field in Lincolnshire, UK near a airfield.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Cancri: 1:38pm On May 27
Obedience40:

A country with a monarch style of government is Jordan There is prime minister Bisher Khasawneh who is the prime minister of Jordan Then there is king Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, In Jordan king abdullah is the highest authority in Jordan

Lol

exactly
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 1:41pm On May 27
usmanpogo:

A very great point you made there. I didn't reply to his comment because I didn't even know where to begin.

China and Singapore are bad examples. And as for Rwanda, it's even a worse example, especially considering he compared events that lasted centuries with one that lasted a few months.

Genocides and colonialism are even two very different things with different intents, which makes them more incomparable.

Colonialism is one of the many evils the Europeans committee against Africans. Colonialism on its own is just one of three:

- The first was slavery

- The second was colonialism

- And the third is neo-colonialism

All three are forms of slavery, subjugation and exploitation. All three kept -- and is keeping -- Africa poor.

All three followed one another. When one ended, the other began. There isn't even a clear date to specify when one ended and the other began.

The difference is just how they are used to steal from us. But the results is always the same for us and for the Europeans and now the United States.

It keeps them richer and it keeps us poorer.

Africa is currently poor because of neo-colonialism. And let's forget all that talk about our leaders being bad.

Yep, they are bad. But they are the ones we are allowed to select from. The colonists and neo-colonists killed the good ones they had no control over.

Then they give us the bad ones and tell us to choose.

Anyone we choose, only ends up doing their bidding. And those who refused are soon kicked out and replaced with those who will do what they want.

In all, African leaders did not make a good situation bad. They made a bad situation worse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 1:42pm On May 27
And as for you obedience4 and obedience40 I strongly recommend you read up about slavery, colonialism and neo-colonialism, and stop making careless statements.

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 1:42pm On May 27
Procashtips:

And what's wrong with that?

Do you think Sunak would make any big time decision in the UK without approvals from the royal house?

Like I said, you are living life on the surface.

Iran has chosen the system they want just as the US, UK and other chose theirs, how on earth is this an headache to you?

Is Iran asking you to convert to their system?

Who is actually going around the world trying to force others into practising their own system of government?

Who is actually democratic in the sense of it?

Abeg I get better things to do.

From pillar to post😂

Did I ask you to tell Iran to change their system of government
Just educating you and your other friend that there is nothing democratic about the system of government in Iran.

Different countries with different systems.

Am done
Have a nice day
Cheers.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 1:51pm On May 27
Obedience40:

You do realize that the Supreme leader was a former democratically elected president?

When the previous supreme leader died, he was moved from President to Supreme leader.

For about two weeks, he even served as president and Supreme leader at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Omen100(m): 1:53pm On May 27
Obedience40:

And the English people don’t get to choose who become their King/Queen and you accord to them as democrats.

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 1:53pm On May 27
shoodboi2:

A very great point you made there. I didn't reply to his comment because I didn't even know where to begin.

China and Singapore are bad examples. And as for Rwanda, it's even a worse example, especially considering he compared events that lasted centuries with one that lasted a few months.

Genocides and colonialism are even two very different things with different intents, which makes them more incomparable.

Colonialism is one of the many evils the Europeans committee against Africans. Colonialism on its own is just one of three:

- The first was slavery

- The second was colonialism

- And the third is neo-colonialism

All three are forms of slavery, subjugation and exploitation. All three kept -- and is keeping -- Africa poor.

All three followed one another. When one ended, the other began. There isn't even a clear date to specify when one ended and the other began.

The difference is just how they are used to steal from us. But the results is always the same for us and for the Europeans and now the United States.

It keeps them richer and it keeps us poorer.

Africa is currently poor because of neo-colonialism. And let's forget all that talk about our leaders being bad.

Yep, they are bad. But they are the ones we are allowed to select from. The colonists and neo-colonists killed the good ones they had no control over.

Then they give us the bad ones and tell us to choose.

Anyone we choose, only ends up doing their bidding. And those who refused are soon kicked out and replaced with those who will do what they want.

In all, African leaders did not make a good situation bad. They made a bad situation worse.

How is Singapore different from Nigeria,
We got independence in 1960 from the British
They got independence in 1964 four years after Nigeria has tasted independence
This are two countries who got independence around the same time yet one has done better than the other.

You think Africa was the first continent to be colonised, before the Europeans came to Africa, Asia and the Americas were already under colonial rule

You also said good leaders were killed in Africa
Let's use Nigeria as a case study, which good Nigeria leader was killed By the West??

Like I said Nigerians should keep wailing colonialism others have left them behind.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 1:57pm On May 27
Omen100:

And the English people don’t get to choose who become their King/Queen and you accord to them as democrats.

Who is this one
Is the king of England the highest authority in England

Do edo people vote for the next oba of Benin,??
Do lagosians vote for The next oba of Lagos??

The prime minister is the highest authority in England, the king is just ceremonial
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 2:03pm On May 27
shoodboi2:

You do realize that the Supreme leader was a former democratically elected president?

When the previous supreme leader died, he was moved from President to Supreme leader.

For about two weeks, he even served as president and Supreme leader at the same time.

I don't care if he was the president before,
He became the supreme leader, not because he was president, he sacked all his rivals, put others in prison, killed others, he was the stronger man after the last Ruhollah Khomeini died.

Why didn't the deputy supreme leader succeed Khomeini,
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by shoodboi2: 2:11pm On May 27
Obedience40:

I don't care if he was the president before,
He became the supreme leader, not because he was president, he sacked all his rivals, put others in prison, killed others, he was the stronger man after the last Ruhollah Khomeini died.

Why didn't the deputy supreme leader succeed Khomeini,

Everything you wrote up there is BS. Was he a democratically elected president or not?

He was. But you say you don't care. You know who else doesn't care?

Western media.

Until I told you this, you probably never knew. They won't talk about it either because they know it decredits their position of the Supreme leader being a dictator.

As for the last part, there is no deputy Supreme leader.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Obedience40: 2:23pm On May 27
shoodboi2:

Everything you wrote up there is BS. Was he a democratically elected president or not?

He was. But you say you don't care. You know who else doesn't care?

Western media.

Until I told you this, you probably never knew. They won't talk about it either because they know it decredits their position of the Supreme leader being a dictator.

As for the last part, there is no deputy Supreme leader.

Jezzz dude😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
The question is simple, was the present supreme leader the highest authority voted in by the people

Let me Help you.
Hussein-Ali Montazer was the deputy supreme leader under supreme leader Ruhollah Khomeini

Present supreme leader Ali Khamenei was the one who dissolved the office, when he took over so as to make his position safe.

Here you are hyping yourself yet you don't even know about the history of Iran an how it government works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussein-Ali_Montazeri

(1) (2) (3) ... (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) (1844) ... (1951) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Zaha(m), LordAdam16, Watcharena, lanre316 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.