Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (679333 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (1881) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gbadebo19:

You know I don't take nonsense, so I advise you to stay off my posts. The last time I dealt with you, you know how you cried to the mods to help you in banning me.
don't even pretend I know you or that I have quoted you before (can't recall if I've ever done that). I have zero clue of your existence nor your prior engagements here till today. But keep up with the spewing of rubbish, they're all music to my ears henceforth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
US army raise DEFCON level.

DEFCON 3, or Round House is an increase in alertness and military readiness, also known as 'yellow alert' status. With Defcon 3 the air force is in a higher state or level of readiness so that they can deploy and mobilize within 15 minutes time.

The alert color for DEFCON 3, or Round House is yellow. The meaning behind this condition level is similar to that of a yellow "caution" sign. We are prepared, cautious and in a state of military readiness. This condition represents a state of preparedness and a high level of caution.

The alert status may be raised to Defcon 3, or Round House after a precision strike is carried out by an an enemy. This condition may also be reached after a precision strike is carried out by the United States military or any event that warrants a cautious state of military readiness and alert by U.S forces. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gbadebo19:

Lmaoooo. The same Iran that US took out the right hand man of their president during Donald trump regime. Abeg, go and rest. And don't forget to read, it doesn't hurt to read a few things beyond your academic textbooks.
same USA iran capture it marines and make then beg for their lives grin , and it's funny you are flexing on killing a general which is completely illegal but hey whatelse does USA do best apart from illegal things

11 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
Badassniggga:
don't even pretend I know you or that I have quoted you before (can't recall if I've ever done that). I have zero clue of your existence nor your prior engagements here till today. But keep up with the spewing of rubbish, they're all music to my ears henceforth.
Sure, you have to save face in order not to be embarrassed. But trust me, yours truly, I will remind you.
https://www.nairaland.com/7722915/france-warns-iran-drone-deliveries/2
All my posts on that post has been deleted because of the cry you went to cry to the mods to ban me.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
dvkot:
same USA iran capture it marines and make then beg for their lives grin , and it's funny you are flexing on killing a general which is completely illegal but hey whatelse does USA do best apart from illegal things
So you are comparing the capture of marines to the killing of the right hand man of their president.
Anyways, anything that gives you satisfaction is fine. I don't have time for your ilks
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿค๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐ŸŒ

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
The village of Pyatikhatka will become a new page in the history of the military talent of Syrsky-Bakhmut-Zaporozhsky

Russian troops, apparently, have already begun to mock the great commander Zelensky.

The Russians left the settlement and gave half a day to "overcome" all Ukrainian propagandists.

Then the Russian military waited until the maximum concentration of equipment and infantry of the 128th Guards Brigade (the 7th part of the unfortunate brigade from Transcarpathia) and simply burned the armored vehicles and fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from heavy flamethrower systems.

On some resources they write about 100 missiles, but fear has big eyes.

Apparently, mourning will soon be declared again in Transcarpathia.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Vl3ly:
The village of Pyatikhatka will become a new page in the history of the military talent of Syrsky-Bakhmut-Zaporozhsky

Russian troops, apparently, have already begun to mock the great commander Zelensky.

The Russians left the settlement and gave half a day to "overcome" all Ukrainian propagandists.

Then the Russian military waited until the maximum concentration of equipment and infantry of the 128th Guards Brigade (the 7th part of the unfortunate brigade from Transcarpathia) and simply burned the armored vehicles and fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from heavy flamethrower systems.

But yesterday, you posted that the 128th brigade was wiped out along with 47th brigade and one other brigade.
The same 128th brigade has been wiped out today again
Tell me, is this 128th brigade a cat with 9 lives grin grin grin
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
โšก๏ธ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ Vuฤiฤ‡: BRICS is a big question for the future

Membership in BRICS, which is becoming increasingly popular, is a question for the future, that is, for new generations.

- As far as Serbia is concerned, I cannot know what it will do in 15 or 20 years, but if BRICS is joined by Indonesia, which has announced the submission of a request, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Ethiopia, if Nigeria is there, some of countries of Latin America, possibly Bangladesh, Iran, then the map of the world changes dramatically, underlined Vuฤiฤ‡.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Vl3ly: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gbadebo19:

But yesterday, you posted that the 128th brigade was wiped out along with 47th brigade and one other brigade.
go dey eat locust beans

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Vl3ly:

Flame bomb they won't breath and lungs collapse lol.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
Vl3ly:
go dey eat locust beans
Lol.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
HornyTave1:

If Ukrainians actually chased Putin without Mobilisation, Leopard tanks, BMP armoured vehicles and HIMARS, by now, I believe they should be at Moscow with all the investment of the West in Ukraine.

So my question to you now is, why is the much awaited counteroffensive be this a failure?

Ukrainians chased Putin from Kiev because they were dug in, he didn't have supply lines nor logistics to feed and fuel his army. His army only actually packed few days food supply as they were expecting a blitzkrieg.

Counteroffensive Vs defending are two different ball games. In Kiev, Ukraine were defending. In counteroffensive, Ukraine's main problem is land mines which force you into a corridor where the enemy will train its fire, so casualty rate is higher till you breach the line.

The Himars and co have chased Russia out of Kharkiv and Kherson before they had a chance to dig in and lay mines everywhere.

And the counteroffensive is only few days old. Don't go singing Victoria like Putards on this very thread were singing in the early days of the offensives against Kharkiv and Kherson.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gbadebo19:

Putards are funny people
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Vl3ly:
โšก๏ธ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ธ Vuฤiฤ‡: BRICS is a big question for the future

Membership in BRICS, which is becoming increasingly popular, is a question for the future, that is, for new generations.

- As far as Serbia is concerned, I cannot know what it will do in 15 or 20 years, but if BRICS is joined by Indonesia, which has announced the submission of a request, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Ethiopia, if Nigeria is there, some of countries of Latin America, possibly Bangladesh, Iran, then the map of the world changes dramatically, underlined Vuฤiฤ‡.

What is the underlying philosophy that unites Brics? Autocracy?

Democracies don't go to war with each other. No autocratic coalition can ever last because dictators will eventually fight.

Inside the same Brics, India and China are the fiercest of rivals and China is doing all it can to checkmate India with Pakistan and co
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
The smallest Russia weapon which is the Ak 47 is still the best in the world

Put best USA machine gun in the sand and do same with Ak 47 bring both out after one year

And the USA gun will not be able to shoot one bullet

The entire world uses Ak 47

This same principle applies to all other USA military hardware

When it comes to submarine that carries nuke Russia own dives deeper more than USA own

A nato member refused to buy patriotic missiles defense system

And went for Russia own lol they know what up I heard even Greece has Russia defense systems they cherish lol.

God bless putin God bless mother Russia.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 12:28am On Jun 19, 2023
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 12:30am On Jun 19, 2023
Ibime:

Democracies don't go to war with each other. No autocratic coalition can ever last because dictators will eventually fight.

Inside the same Brics, India and China are the fiercest of rivals and China is doing all it can to checkmate India with Pakistan and co

๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท Greece and ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท Turkey are both "democracies", in NATO. They're on the brink of war

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 12:38am On Jun 19, 2023
WrriterNig:

๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท Greece and ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท Turkey are both "democracies", in NATO. They're on the brink of war

You have always been very slow upstairs

NATO is a military alliance, not an economic one like Brics

The appropriate comparison is EU

Turkey is not in EU. It is an autocratic state and is the one talking about resolving conflict by violence rather than dialogue. It is part of NATO for one reason and one reason only - its control of the entrance to the Black sea, not because of any ideological cohesion with other member states.

In EU (or former EU) states alone, there are lots of territorial disputes eg Gibraltar between Spain and UK, Lake Constance between Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Gulf of Piran between Slovenia and Croatia, Dollar bay between Germany and Holland, Mont Blanc between France and Italy, Olivenza between Spain and Portugal etc etc etc. It is only hungry men and autocrats that fight over territory.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:25am On Jun 19, 2023
Ibime:

You have always been very slow upstairs

NATO is a military alliance, not an economic one like Brics

The appropriate comparison is EU

Turkey is not in EU. It is an autocratic state and is the one talking about resolving conflict by violence rather than dialogue. It is part of NATO for one reason and one reason only - its control of the entrance to the Black sea, not because of any ideological cohesion with other member states.

In EU (or former EU) states alone, there are lots of territorial disputes eg Gibraltar between Spain and UK, Lake Constance between Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Gulf of Piran between Slovenia and Croatia, Dollar bay between Germany and Holland, Mont Blanc between France and Italy, Olivenza between Spain and Portugal etc etc etc. It is only hungry men and autocrats that fight over territory.

Ibime:

๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿคก

So what has BRICS got to do with war, since it's just an economic cooperation? Who's sounding retarded now huh?

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by olugabbie(m): 6:31am On Jun 19, 2023
Ibime:

Ukrainians chased Putin from Kiev because they were dug in, he didn't have supply lines nor logistics to feed and fuel his army. His army only actually packed few days food supply as they were expecting a blitzkrieg.

Counteroffensive Vs defending are two different ball games. In Kiev, Ukraine were defending. In counteroffensive, Ukraine's main problem is land mines which force you into a corridor where the enemy will train its fire, so casualty rate is higher till you breach the line.

The Himars and co have chased Russia out of Kharkiv and Kherson before they had a chance to dig in and lay mines everywhere.

And the counteroffensive is only few days old. Don't go singing Victoria like Putards on this very thread were singing in the early days of the offensives against Kharkiv and Kherson.

Russia didn't have enough troops in Ukraine at a time when her troops were forced to retreat from Kharkiv. Troops were moved from Kharkiv to Kherson to strengthened the Kherson front. Ukraine found out about the shortage of troops in Kharkiv and they launched counter offensive. The Russian troops in Kahrkiv were not more than 5,000 troops. Ukraine used about 30k troops in it Kharkiv counter offensive. 30k against 5k. HIMARS didn't play any role in the Kharkiv offensive.

HIMARS played a role in the Kherson offensive. It was used to destroy the bridge linking east and west Kherson together. This really disrupt Russian logistics. Couple with the Crimea bridge they was damaged at a time. The Russians couldn't sustain the defense of Kherson, and they moved their troops to the other side of Kherson intact.

Russia used about 20k troops to seize Mariupol. Ukraine had minimum of 30k troops in Mariupol. They used 30k troops in an attempt to seize Kiev. Imagine the number of troops defending Kiev at a time. Remember also that Ukraine gave fire arms to it citizens to defend Kiev. I don't think Russia wanted to take Kiev (at least not with 30k troops). They want to intimidate and put pressure on Zelensky to surrender. But that didn't work. The troops were insufficient, but they surprised everyone. Because they were closed. They made it to Kiev gate, that was impressive. I don't know what Putin's Gola was in Kiev. But I am 100% that the goal was not to take Kiev.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:49am On Jun 19, 2023
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:05am On Jun 19, 2023
โšก๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine may have temporarily paused counter offensive.

Kyiv's forces may have temporarily halted their counteroffensive to re-evaluate their tactics for future operations, according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW).

๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ช Estonian Defense Forces Intelligence Center Colonel Margo Grosberg said on 16 June that in his assessment "we won't see an offensive over the next seven days".

The Wall Street Journal similarly reported on 17 June that Ukrainian forces "have mostly paused their advances in recent days" as the command in Kyiv re-examines tactics.

The ISW says in its latest update on the war that these reports are consistent with their recent observations of the scale and approach of localised Ukrainian counterattacks in southern and eastern parts of the country.

It adds that ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukraine has not yet committed the majority of its available forces to the counteroffensive operations and does not yet appear to have launched its main effort.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fash20: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
The smallest Russia weapon which is the Ak 47 is still the best in the world

Put best USA machine gun in the sand and do same with Ak 47 bring both out after one year

And the USA gun will not be to shoot on bullet

The entire world uses Ak 47

This same principle applies to all other USA military hardware

When it comes to submarine that carries nuke Russia own dives deeper more than USA own

A nato member refused to buy patriotic missiles defense system

And went for Russia own lol they know what up I heard even Greece has Russia defense systems they cherish lol.

God bless putin God bless mother Russia.

The major reason for AK 47s adaption by most countries is because of its ability to balance efficiency, versatility etc without much tradeoffs. Also, the need for less maintenance compared to its counterparts plays a major role.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:08am On Jun 19, 2023
โšกUN urges ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russia to allow access to areas impacted by dam disaster.

The United Nations (UN) has urged Russia to allow humanitarian aid to reach areas impacted by the Kakhovka dam disaster.

At least 35 people have died as a result of the dam collapse on 6 June, according to ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukrainian and Russian officials, while 31 are missing and thousands more have been evacuated.

Hundreds of homes have been flooded.

Ukraine and Russia have blamed each other for the dam's collapse, both claiming deliberate sabotage.

According to the UN, Moscow has "so far declined our request to access the areas under its temporary military control".

"The UN will continue to engage to seek the necessary access," its statement added.

"We urge the ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russian authorities to act in accordance with their obligations under international humanitarian law.

"Aid cannot be denied to people who need it."
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:09am On Jun 19, 2023
โšกRussian attack on ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช Sweden 'cannot be ruled out', says defence report.

A Russian military attack against Sweden "cannot be ruled out".

That's the conclusion of a report by the Scandinavian country's parliamentary defence committee, according to public broadcaster SVT.

Citing sources, it says the report - due to be published on Monday - warns ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Moscow may carry out operations "with air forces, naval forces, long-range weapons or nuclear weapons".

"Russia has also further lowered its threshold for the use of military force and exhibits a high political and military risk appetite," it says.

According to SVT, the report also outlines a new defence doctrine for ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช Sweden based on membership of NATO.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2023
WrriterNig:

๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿคก

So what has BRICS got to do with war, since it's just an economic cooperation? Who's sounding retarded now huh?

Economic unions who share the same philosophy don't go to war doofus.

So I ask again, what is the shared ideology/philosophy of BRICS?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2023
โšกRussia denies Ukraine has retaken town
Earlier, we reported ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukrainian forces may have retaken a town in the southern Zaporizhzhia region.

That town is Piatykhatkyin, which a Russian-installed official said had fallen back into the hands of Kyiv.

But Moscow has now denied that assessment.

A post on the ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russian ministry of defence's Telegram page said: "An attack on Piatykhatky was repulsed. Over a dozen tanks, armored vehicles and manpower destroyed."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2023
Ibime:

Economic unions who share the same philosophy don't go to war doofus.

So I ask again, what is the shared ideology/philosophy of BRICS?

๐Ÿคก Brain dead zombie. Read ur own posts again. Then try again.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2023
โšก๏ธ Cholera-like bacteria found in water after devastating dam collapse.

People in the southern ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukrainian region of Mykolaiv have been warned against using open water for drinking, swimming, or fishing after it was found to be contaminated.

The cholera-like bacteria vibrio, which local health authorities said can cause acute intestinal infections, has been found in several rivers and estuaries following the devastating collapse of Kakhovka dam.

Mykolaiv's regional centre for disease control and prevention also warned of high ammonia levels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (1881) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections โ€” Bidenโ€™s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Holywizard, Shollay20(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.