Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,955 members, 7,852,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (683251 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1889) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡🇺🇸 Barack Obama's personal chef Tafari Campbell is identified as man found dead after paddle boarding accident near Obama's Martha's Vineyard home
Dude, you need to call in the moderators, the nafo guys are completely derailing your thread with their propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:

These Putin retards are just soo abominably retarded. They're called Putin retards for a reason. Propaganda has entirely brainwashed these people that they can't see reality.
Friend, you see, one think i learnt about information absorption is that people generally will believe an information that strengthens an existing prejudice. But that obviously is no reason to deny the truth and clear information. These retards generally have an existing prejudice against Europe and America (hatred) and the Russian propaganda machine just came to strengthen it. Cos, i don't see any reason how someone who has read world history from the first world war up till this present time come and as well as African history from at least the 18th century come to a forum and be spewing nonsense about America being the problem of the world. Who does that if not mad people?
Which one should we talk about?
Is it the protection of Jews from the holocaust that would have annihilated them?
Is it the saving of China's ass from Japan that would have made that foolish China to be non-existent?
Is it the ban on slave trade that did not come from Africa?
Is it the nipping of groups such as ISIS and Al-qaeda in the bud?
Is it the technological advancement without which some idiots on this topic would still be living in caves and be trekking to and fro to Saudi Arabia every year?
I don't even know again.... Cos if someone is not really mad from at least the previous 3 generations, i don't know what would made a sane individual to come here and be saying the nonsense they are always saying.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by donjazzet: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Watcharena:
not every Nigerian want to be an American or even have a dual citizenship ,we only want to be free to trade with countries of our choices ,and pursue our independent foreign policy without external control , country's energy should not be our enemy ,if one country have issue with another that should not affect our relationship with any of them ,US is not happy with countries that stay neutral in this conflict for what reason I don't know ,Saudi Arabia and Iran were amending ties ,US says it's against their national interest, what joins US and the relationship between Saudi Arabia and Iran in the leal sense does it make sense for US to make such comment

I'm being realistic. In any strife you see yourself in, you ask yourself which is the best place to align with. Which person has the most moral cause.

For example, look at world war 2, almost all the major participants of that war could give 2 fvcks about Africans or black people. Not Germany, not US, not Japan or Britain or Stalin. None of them cared about the plight of the black man in the world. So at that stage you as a black man asks yourself, which of these powers would at least be a marginally better place for black people.

Then you see that even if all of them could care less about black people, they're were some of them who actively wanted to kill the Blacks. Who spouted white Aryan supremacy and wanted every other race dead or saw them all as much lower species. In Hitler's world, they're was no role for the black man, they wouldn't even employ them anywhere. But we could see that the allies were actively ready to work with black people in different capacities and a black man could envision his role in society with this black people than with the Germans, at this juncture, you align with the much lesser evil.

In today's world, In the present day, Putin is the only leader still talking about "gaining back territory". Russia is still talking and positioning itself as "imperial power" who seeks to gain "land and space for "it's people"".

Many wars in our world today are fought on "ideological differences" or economic purposes but Russia still dreams of the old world. Of how things were seven, eight decades ago. Of reclaiming "lost glories".

How can any African look at that and think it's okay simply because they harbor grievances against the US? Come on.
In hating something, you push yourself into liking something far worse.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by donjazzet: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stoplying:

Dude, you need to call in the moderators, the nafo guys are completely derailing your thread with their propaganda.

I have reason to suspect that you are indeed a paid Russian troll. You work in a propaganda troll farm that churn out pro-putin talking points. Because nothing else explains this obsession with this "nafo" wailing which I have no idea what it even is.

When you realize that you are calling a 14 year old nairaland account "nafo", then perhaps your stupidity will end.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by donjazzet: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gbadebo19:

These retards generally have an existing prejudice against Europe and America (hatred) and the Russian propaganda machine just came to strengthen it. Who does that if not mad people?

Which one should we talk about?
Is it the protection of Jews from the holocaust that would have annihilated them?
Is it the saving of China's ass from Japan that would have made that foolish China to be non-existent?
Is it the ban on slave trade that did not come from Africa?
Is it the nipping of groups such as ISIS and Al-qaeda in the bud?
Is it the technological advancement without which some idiots on this topic would still be living in caves and be trekking to and fro to Saudi Arabia every year?

I don't even know again.... Cos if someone is not really mad from at least the previous 3 generations, i don't know what would made a sane individual to come here and be saying the nonsense they are always saying.

Very very powerful points you've made there.

Thanks for outlining it like this.

Indeed there is one outstanding fact here! US might not be the very best superpower out there but they sure as hell are better than Russia, china, North Korea and Iran.

The reflection of these societies is all you should look at and see who is better. Anyone is who would tell you china would be a much better option than USA is lying to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Watcharena: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:

I'm being realistic. In any strife you see yourself in, you ask yourself which is the best place to align with. Which person has the most moral cause.

For example, look at world war 2, almost all the major participants of that war could give 2 fvcks about Africans or black people. Not Germany, not US, not Japan or Britain or Stalin. None of them cared about the plight of the black man in the world. So at that stage you as a black man asks yourself, which of these powers would at least be a marginally better place for black people.

Then you see that even if all of them could care less about black people, they're were some of them who actively wanted to kill the Blacks. Who spouted white Aryan supremacy and wanted every other race dead or saw them all as much lower species. In Hitler's world, they're was no role for the black man, they wouldn't even employ them anywhere. But we could see that the allies were actively ready to work with black people in different capacities and a black man could envision his role in society with this black people than with the Germans, at this juncture, you align with the much lesser evil.

In today's world, In the present day, Putin is the only leader still talking about "gaining back territory". Russia is still talking and positioning itself as "imperial power" who seeks to gain "land and space for "it's people"".

Many wars in our world today are fought on "ideological differences" or economic purposes but Russia still dreams of the old world. Of how things were seven, eight decades ago. Of reclaiming "lost glories".

How can any African look at that and think it's okay simply because they harbor grievances against the US? Come on.
In hating something, you push yourself into liking something far worse.
I don't get me we're saying that we don't need to align with any body,if two countries have an issue among themselves we should still be able to relate freely with each of them since we don't have any issue with any of them ,for instance Nigerian foreign policy is based on neutrality but this is unacceptable to US,they want us to side with them and fight their enemy,does that make any sense in this ultramodern world?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Watcharena: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:

Very very powerful points you've made there.

Thanks for outlining it like this.

Indeed there is one outstanding fact here! US might not be the very best superpower out there but they sure as hell are better than Russia, china, North Korea and Iran.

The reflection of these societies is all you should look at and see who is better. Anyone is who would tell you china would be a much better option than USA is lying to themselves.
the idea of having a world super power it self is wrong all countries should be treated equally and should be allowed to pursue their independent policies, settlement of dispute should be done by UN alone,but today US approved of gays in their country but Uganda don't want that so that's a problem to US ,Wich is very wrong

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
Watcharena:
I don't get me we're saying that we don't need to align with any body,if two countries have an issue among themselves we should still be able to relate freely with each of them since we don't have any issue with any of them ,for instance Nigerian foreign policy is based on neutrality but this is unacceptable to US,they want us to side with them and fight their enemy,does that make any sense in this ultramodern world?

Shut up jooor, Is Nigeria the only Neutral country in the world?
Switzerland, Ireland, Turkmenistan, Liechenstein, Austria, Costa-Rica, Monaco, Vatican city, Mongola, Moldova, Panama, Rwanda, San Marino, Singapore, Serbia and many others.
Finland was neutral until Russia started trouble.............
Tell us, we pray thee, how many of these countries is USA hunting.
Shame, Nigeria and the mentality that someone is responsible for their predicament. Grow up boy.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Watcharena:
the idea of having a world super power it self is wrong all countries should be treated equally and should be allowed to pursue their independent policies, settlement of dispute should be done by UN alone,but today US approved of gays in their country but Uganda don't want that so that's a problem to US ,Wich is very wrong
What is wrong in the sanction
The sanctions are not ones to affect the economic prosperity of the country.
They are visa restrictions. Simple thing of don't come to my house if you don't approve of what i approve in your house. Your only solution is to make your own house better now.
You guys just hear of sanctions and conclude as if it is a military incursion.....
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Emmexboss200(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:
The EU stands very strongly with Ukraine.
This payment made by EU is more than half what Ukraine makes from it's grain sales.

Slava ukraini.

Is this money free ?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by donjazzet: 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Watcharena:

Now this is where you've lost touch with reality or just not being realistic.

All Countries can never and will never be equal. It has never happened in the history of mankind or civilizations. There will always be very weak countries and there will always be poor countries and these positions change hands over time.

And I see where our divergence maybe comes from. You are looking at this from a perspective of "countries" while I am looking at this from a perspective of "individualism". I am not looking at this war from it as a nigerian. Nationalities are a human and social construct. There is no difference between a nigerian and a Malian or Senegalese or chiliean. Many of these countries were formed by even bigger countries. So I really couldn't give a damn about point of views of countries. I look at individuals and our society at large. What I want the world to be like.

And the west represents the best of humanitarian ideals.

You mentioned LGBTQ. Why do you think these people shouldn't exist? I look at bobrisky and I see a totally harmless individual who just wants to live his life, I've come across gay people, in my younger years in school. I remember being resentful towards them but I ask myself now why exactly?? These weren't people who sought to endanger anyone but live their lives. In some societies, these people are ruthlessly beaten and murdered.

Do you really want to live in a society that is that hateful to people different than you are??
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Watcharena: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Russian fighter jet damages US Reaper drone with flare over Syria

As seen on abc news another over priced piece of equipment damaged

9 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Watcharena: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:

Now this is where you've lost touch with reality or just not being realistic.

All Countries can never and will never be equal. It has never happened in the history of mankind or civilizations. There will always be very weak countries and there will always be poor countries and these positions change hands over time.

And I see where our divergence maybe comes from. You are looking at this from a perspective of "countries" while I am looking at this from a perspective of "individualism". I am not looking at this war from it as a nigerian. Nationalities are a human and social construct. There is no difference between a nigerian and a Malian or Senegalese or chiliean. Many of these countries were formed by even bigger countries. So I really couldn't give a damn about point of views of countries. I look at individuals and our society at large. What I want the world to be like.

And the west represents the best of humanitarian ideals.

You mentioned LGBTQ. Why do you think these people shouldn't exist? I look at bobrisky and I see a totally harmless individual who just wants to live his life, I've come across gay people, in my younger years in school. I remember being resentful towards them but I ask myself now why exactly?? These weren't people who sought to endanger anyone but live their lives. In some societies, these people are ruthlessly beaten and murdered.

Do you really want to live in a society that is that hateful to people different than you are??
concerning the gay stuff ,they said democracy is majority carries the vote ,so majority of the people in our part of the world does not approve of them and that is why they're not welcomed here , again it's un natural if everyone become gay the society is one day seize to exist because there will be no continuity,you can imagine some body is a gay but he want to adopt a baby Born by a woman

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ignore donjazzy, gbelebo19 and the other retard

The are lunatics who know nothing about world policy and how it works...

Ask them how many African countries did china and russia destroyed? Or didn't they know that if you military invade a country you have to relax your immigration policy towards the country

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
🤡 🤡 🇬🇧 🤡 🤡

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡🇧🇾 Belarus sent an application to BRICS for admission to the association in May - Belarusian Foreign Ministry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡️🇬🇧 Britain has information that indicates that the 🇷🇺 Russian military may start attacks against civilian shipping in the Black Sea, according to Britain’s UN envoy - Reuters

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
Watcharena:
Dedollarisation in full swing as IMF accept Chinese yaun for settlement of debt between countries

Many are using China currency on purpose lol. India only wants to use it own currency to do trade

Say amen to the death of dollar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
A CL-415 Amphibious-Firefighting Aircraft with the Hellenic Air Force has Crashed today while Fighting a Wildfire on the Greek Island of Evia, the Crash is reported to have resulting in the Immediate Death of the 2 Pilots.

RIP to those Pilots.
Those wide fires are always crazy, thank Goodness we don’t have to deal with that in Nigeria else Nigeria for don burn finish

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
Sometimes i really wonder how those nafo retards thinks seeing the west as their savior?

Without china do you know how far behind Africa will be? that is the plan of the west before china pickup in manufacturing and step in for Africa.

Let's use phone for example...
When western phone like blackberry, nokia, apple companies started making phone, owing a phone luxury until china came in and utterly crashed the price of phone making it dirt cheap and affordable to Africa.
Same thing goes with almost all aspect of the industry from fashion to construction to basically everything, china market was always Africa to make them have access to those things the west have at lower prices even if it means to compromise on quality.
And for decades china has always been open to invest in Africa without any political differences , something the west will never do.

Yet birdbrain gbelebo19 who's has a lower IQ than a cassava is still yarning dust. I pity you ooh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Regex: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
seunny4lif:
A CL-415 Amphibious-Firefighting Aircraft with the Hellenic Air Force has Crashed today while Fighting a Wildfire on the Greek Island of Evia, the Crash is reported to have resulting in the Immediate Death of the 2 Pilots.

RIP to those Pilots.
Those wide fires are always crazy, thank Goodness we don’t have to deal with that in Nigeria else Nigeria for don burn finish

Summer is usually very hot in Europe, but people got no idea.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
🇪🇺 🇺🇸 🤡 🤡

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by donjazzet: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2023
dvkot:
Sometimes i really wonder how those nafo retards thinks seeing the west as their savior?

Without china do you know how far behind Africa will be? that is the plan of the west before china pickup in manufacturing and step in for Africa.

When western phone like blackberry, nokia, apple companies started making phone, owing a phone luxury until china came in and utterly crashed the price of phone making it dirt cheap and affordable to Africa.
Same thing goes with almost all aspect of the industry from fashion to construction to basically everything, china market was always Africa to make them have access to those things the west have at lower prices even if it means to compromise on quality.
And for decades china has always been open to invest in Africa without any political differences , something the west will never do.

Yet birdbrain gbelebo19 who's has a lower IQ than a cassava is still yarning dust. I pity you ooh

Your point actually makes no sense. Before china, there was Japan and now it's moving to India. Biggest corporations go to where there is cheap labor available and a fairly stable government. Japan tech also made earlier electronics cheaper than they are today.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
donjazzet:

Your point actually makes no sense. Before china, there was Japan and now it's moving to India. Biggest corporations go to where there is cheap labor available and a fairly stable government. Japan tech also made earlier electronics cheaper than they are today.
stop quoting me, you this goat...

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡TikTok is launching an e-commerce business in the 🇺🇸 U.S. to sell made-in-China goods to consumers - WSJ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡️Life returning to 🇷🇺 Mariupol slowly.

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡🇮🇳 India's National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval has said New Delhi will use every means and opportunity at its disposal to facilitate 🇮🇷 Iran’s accession to the BRICS group.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Gbadebo19(m): 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
dvkot:

How can someone be this stupid?
The money spent on your education should have been used to purchase a donkey.
So, the only thing you can talk about is price crashing. What happened to the low quality products and Africa becoming a dumping ground for non-standard products. Can you remember the first phones that China brought to us? They were those very large phones with television where you watched your local tv stations. Go down memory lane and sincerely pray that you use that kind of product again. They gave you cheap products but you are so stupid not to recognize that the product were of zero value.
Let me ask you: Were Nigerians not using phones before China entered the market?
Why can't they send the price of iphone 14 crashing now?
Why can't they make cheap vehicles that can use 1 litre of fuel for a 30 kilometre journey?
That era has come and gone and never again will Africa be a dumping ground for useless chinese products.
You are so much of a retard that i can't help but think that God used a very porous material in making your brain, and probably the ones picked from a dung-hill.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
⚡🇮🇷 Iranian authorities have arrested several followers of the Bahai faith accused of spying for Tehran’s arch-foe 🇮🇱 Israel

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
Gbelebo19 you will not get a reply from me your IQ is lower than that of a casaava...
China and Russia is not the cause of your misery the western made you that way and yet you still kiss the ground which they walk upon, china trade over $200billion with africa yearly the combine west is not even doing up to half of that, but in just one year they have given Ukraine over $100billion you think they don't know what their interest are?

You think they send a retard like you?

No matter how much of their matter you carry for head you are nothing to them but a charity case, that is their view of Africa nothing more, you and your group of 3-retarded fellow should keep clowning around

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ekemeze: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡️Life returning to 🇷🇺 Mariupol slowly.

"But but but Putin is a dictator* 🙄🙄🙄

Nigeria would be the luckiest people to have Putin as a president.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1889) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: NexaHive, Friday98, Holywizard, ladkud(m), WriteerNg and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.