Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Throwback Record Of The Week: Wande Coal: Mushin 2 Mo' Hits (2009) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback Record Of The Week: Wande Coal: Mushin 2 Mo' Hits (2009) (299 Views)

Wizkid Storms Lagos Club With Wande Coal, Sprays ₦10 Million / I Was In Mo’ Hits For A Year: Davido Speaks On His Struggling Days As A Musician / 14-Year-Old Davido Begged D'prince & Wande Coal For Pic, But Now...- Davido Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Record Of The Week: Wande Coal: Mushin 2 Mo' Hits (2009) by amechispeaks(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2022
Throwback Record Of The Week: Wande Coal – Mushin 2 Mo’ Hits (2009)

Written By Amechi Okoli

If you were going to credit a Nigerian musician for pioneering the modern-day fusion of Afrobeats and R&B, who would it be?

As for me, I’d give that honor to none other than Wande Coal, as he perfectly blended both genres in his debut album – Mushin 2 Mo’ Hits!

At the time, Mo’ Hits Records were running the Nigerian music industry, and anything Don Jazzy laid his hands on turned to gold.

Wande was already the “Black Diamond”, and his vocal prowess ensured that his first offering would be a classic!

The album was packed with so many awesome jams, that it’ll be hard to say which of them is the best.

Where do we start from?

Bumper To Bumper, Taboo, Who Born The Maga, Jehovah, Bananas, Kiss Your hand, Se Na Like This, You Bad….And the list goes on!

In Nigerian music history, only a handful of artists have been able to create press-play albums, and Wande Coal’s Mushin 2 Mo’ Hits is certainly one of them!

Written By Amechi Okoli

Follow on Instagram @amechi_okoli

(1) (Reply)

Why Portable's Wikipedia Account May Be Deleted / TESTIMONY: I Wanted To Die For Allah. Now I Live For Jesus. / Sabinus Self Get Yansh Pass Woman” – Sabinus Cracks Fans Up As He Whines Up A St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.