Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements (27611 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection / Second Niger Bridge Opens December 15 — FG / Cows Block Road In Abuja, Disrupt Vehicular Movement (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Tareq1105: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hope children of hate would acknowledge that Buhari did it. I said this bcoz a colleague from that side told me Jonathan government built it to 70% completion before Buhari now complete it. I saw koro koro lies. This made me to realize that no matter how you try for some pple, they would never acknowledge your good work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by SmartPolician: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
SocialJustice:
Nigeria is rich enough to maintain roads without tolls. Obasanjo knew it and dismantled tolls on federal roads.

This is false - Nigeria is not rich.

Obasanjo dismantled it because they were channels for stealing from the public. There was no accountability.

We need tollgates to maintain road infrastructure. Few years from now, people will start complaining that the road has been abandoned.

If motorists pay #200 for using this beautiful bridge, dem no go die.

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2022
Not even a whimper of Thank You from Afghaneastern Eboes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Dicoomoba: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
post=119172720:

Urchins can only make noise the bridge has been built by Buhari this is major legacy project for Nigerians not exclusive for Igbos only, another legacy we want from PMB is to make sure INEC conduct free and fair election 2023, all security should remain natural to all, and use CBN and cage the drug lord, we will forever remain grateful for this

I wish you could understand what I’m about to elucidate for you. , I say no one I repeat no one can come close to Jagaban when come to votes , He’s a politician with lots of fan base …

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Kobicove(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by alizma: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
Some people no go believe am until they pass through it this Christmas. Yet, pride and shame no go allow them to openly appreciate the man who think they deserve something more than just promise upon promise.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by staga: 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Corrinthians:
Wasted resources.

We Igbos don't need this. Jubrin el Sudani should take this rubbish bridge which won't allow the free flow of big container vessels through Biafran states down to his Northern brothers.

The bridge is even tolled. Our next Endsars campaign will begin from that tollgate, just like the Lekki toll gate and when Biafra is realised we will dismantle the useless bridge that is nothing but a bribery for Ndigbo to participate in the zoo election. angry angry angry

There is nowhere in the world where roads are not tolled. The tolls pay for the maintenance. Nigerians always like freebies.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by ogwumgbe: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
post=119172720:

Urchins can only make noise the bridge has been built by Buhari this is major legacy project for Nigerians not exclusive for Igbos only, another legacy we want from PMB is to make sure INEC conduct free and fair election 2023, all security should remain natural to all, and use CBN and cage the drug lord, we will forever remain grateful for this

Buhari is without doubt the best president in the history of Nigeria, Shame on Tinubu and other APC aspirants for distancing themselves from Buhari, Osibanjo would have ridden so proudly on the achievements of Buhari with facts and figures and sound judgement than this olodo that knows nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Corrinthians(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
The bridge should be named after GEJ
Rubbish. It should be named after Nnamdi Kanu, a true hero of democracy.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by spartachico(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
How come a nairalander is not the first to drive on it ,but if na here now dem go dey put . G. NG and all sort to be able to shout FTC why una no put stones and toy cars to book space there.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by kestolove95(m): 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Some igbos say they won't use d bridge until Buhari leave power next year
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by 3pointsagree: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2022
Congratulations �
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Ogbuefi2020: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Tareq1105:
Hope children of hate would acknowledge that Buhari did it. I said this bcoz a colleague from that side told me Jonathan government built it to 70% completion before Buhari now complete it. I saw koro koro lies. This made me to realize that no matter how you try for some pple, they would never acknowledge your good work.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Ogbuefi2020: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Tareq1105:
Una no de to talk nonesense all the time? Na waa oo
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by tamdun: 12:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
Aboguede:
Ordinary 1 single fly over in the south east we no go come hear word again shocked

Everything for this kantri na politics grin

Meanwhile, make una tell soludo say we no know where em dey carry us dey ooh shocked

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Centcanada: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2022
Please OP why didn't they who are in charge of this project cover the bridge like the first one? Is is safe this way? This is my humble opinion sha ooo so I needed it to go to front page so the authority in question can see it and do the needful because it might be dangerous this way if not covered.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Mrkumareze(m): 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
And today's traffic at the onitsha/Asaba express way is something else. Thus Xmas go red oh, I doubt if the new bridge ll be of a significant help as the linking point is 2 poles away from the ever busy old bridge
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by 77up(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
ipobcannibals:
God bless president Muhammadu Buhari
God bless president-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

Blessed are those who bless Nigeria…a land of milk and honey.

Cursed are those who curse Nigeria.

Devil punish Ipob/ESN terrorists and supporters of terrorist….may the land of Nigeria continue to swallow them up-Amen!
We hope the idiot ipobpigs don't blow it up because they love harming themselves thinking they are spiting federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by sarrki(m): 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
post=119172720:

Be calming down

Buhari is a truthful man

He will stand by his word not to interfere in inec activities

The liar you are supporting will come distant 4th position

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Coronavirus1: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Corrinthians:
Wasted resources.

We Igbos don't need this. Jubrin el Sudani should take this rubbish bridge which won't allow the free flow of big container vessels through Biafran states down to his Northern brothers.

The bridge is even tolled. Our next Endsars campaign will begin from that tollgate, just like the Lekki toll gate and when Biafra is realised we will dismantle the useless bridge that is nothing but a bribery for Ndigbo to participate in the zoo election. angry angry angry
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by OsilaGama(m): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Them Try! But They Should Also Plant Trees Close To The Walkways To Add Beauty.. Meanwhile,guys Which IT skill Can I Learn That Would Be Benefitial Financially To me In School?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Passionate888: 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2022

However, in August 2012, the Federal Executive Council under then-President Goodluck Jonathan’s approved a contract worth N325 million for the final planning and design of the bridge.

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Aboguede(m): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
tamdun:

Almajeri no dey go school grin

This is news about Anambra State and not Abia state
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by oshiokpu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
When are they going to install the tolllgate?

Nigeria needs to start tolling all its Trunk A roads and bridges so they can use the money generated from there to maintain it.

However, the toll shouldn't be more than #200 per vehicle.

Lekki-Ajah Expressway is the best road in Lagos - thanks to tollgate.

Lekki-Ajah Road Okay? Are you sure you are in Lagos? A Road that is filled with Potholes at almost every 50 to 100 Meters

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
When are they going to install the tolllgate?

Nigeria needs to start tolling all its Trunk A roads and bridges so they can use the money generated from there to maintain it.

However, the toll shouldn't be more than #200 per vehicle.

Lekki-Ajah Expressway is the best road in Lagos - thanks to tollgate.

Which lekki ajah
The one riddled with pot holes or the one that is not flat. Anyone who has not lived in uyo and abuja does not know what a good road looks like.
Lekki ajah my azz. Traffic ridden cheap tiny rd built by tinubu hitech
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by SmartPolician: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sysdatek:

Which lekki ajah
The one riddled with pot holes or the one that is not flat. Anyone who has not lived in uyo and abuja does not know what a good road looks like.

Who mentioned Uyo and Abuja?

Read the comments you quoted again.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Timmi: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Aboguede:
Ordinary 1 single fly over in the south east we no go come hear word again shocked

Everything for this kantri na politics grin

Meanwhile, make una tell soludo say we no know where em dey carry us dey ooh shocked

Stop been an ingrate but be appreciative. At least acknowledge Buhari for completing this major infrastructure work and stop wailing.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by Timmi: 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Sysdatek:

Which lekki ajah

How are you going to appreciate something that you've not seen or experience wailing wailers
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by harmonyglobal: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
Good news
Weldone APC
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by SocialJustice: 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
SmartPolician:

This is false - Nigeria is not rich.

Obasanjo dismantled it because they were channels for stealing from the public. There was no accountability.

We need tollgates to maintain road infrastructure. Few years from now, people will start complaining that the road has been abandoned.

If motorists pay #200 for using this beautiful bridge, dem no go die.
I hear.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Opens To Vehicular Movements by nzubegod: 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
ipobcannibals:
God bless president Muhammadu Buhari
God bless president-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

Blessed are those who bless Nigeria…a land of milk and honey.

Cursed are those who curse Nigeria.

Mongrel Like You

Devil punish Ipob/ESN terrorists and supporters of terrorist….may the land of Nigeria continue to swallow them up-Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Motorist Crushes Hoodlum, Colleague While Fighting For Money in Lagos / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.