Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. (27599 Views)

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by StellaBella(f): 6:00am On Aug 25, 2012
1. Somebody fall or injure.. Nor say SORRY ... Ask am are u okay?

2. can I buy coke or mineral...... No. say ...I want soda or pop... Coke can land u in jail.

3. you have to pay tax on every item... Incuding ashewo tax.

4. Taxi na meter and the money dey start from tax not from zero

5. Have alternative for accommodation, even your brother will disappoint you and blame akata/oyinbo wife.

6. Be careful with girls some are 15 and look 30.. Them go even show u fake id..express road to jail be that.

7. If you mess, sneeze or cough...say excuse me

8. Wash all your Nigeria clothes with their detergent and softener to remove Nigeria Akpu, stock-fish, and beans smell.

9.try to learn to reduce your accent, or else u will drive taxi or sell ice cream proper.

10. Shave off all Nigeria armpit,private hair and wash yourself with their deodorant soap.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed

Just my advise
More contribution is wanted.

Have a great day!

19 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by justwise(m): 6:22am On Aug 25, 2012
Stella_Bella: 1. Somebody fall or injure.. Nor say SORRY ... Ask am are u okay?
2. can I buy coke or mineral...... No. say ...I want soda or pop... Coke can land u in jail.
5. Have alternative for accomodation, even your brother will dissspoimt u and blame akata/oyinbo wife.
6. Be careful with girls some are 15 and look 30.. Them go even show u fake id..express road to jail be that.
[b]8. Wash all your nija clothes with thier detergent and softner to remove nija Akpu, stockfish, and beans smell.
[/b]9.try to learn to reduce your accent, or else u will drive taxi or sell ice cream proper.
10. Shave off all nija armpit,private hair and wash yourself with thier deodorant soap.
To be forewarned us to be forearmed

Just my advise
More contibution is wanted.
Have a great day!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Obinoscopy(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Very funny but yet informative. Thanks dude
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Acidosis(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2012
Obinoscopy: Very funny but yet informative. Thanks dude

STELLA na DUDE? ? grin grin grin

No11 Make sure you're sure of whatever thing you have to say. grin

9 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Obinoscopy(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2012
@acidosis. Oh dude, sorry I said dude.
@stella bella. Thank Stella dearie for that funny yet informative post of urs
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by StellaBella(f): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2012
Dude!
I was shocked to my intestines.
No wahala cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2012
Stella_Bella:

This is true oh

2 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2012
you can call president jonathan retardeen and clueless,but if you do the same to in russia,to vladimir putin,u will be sentenced to 3years in jail

6 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2012
you can enjoy facebook and twitter here in nigeria,in china you will not be able to do that
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2012
you can insult islam here in nigeria, if you do the same in saudi arabia,you could be killed if you do that

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2012
12. Dont ever play or joke with 'I work for Boko Haram'... You might land yourself in jail before anyone knowing u aint one.

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2012
No gay bashing, especially in "western" countries. Believe me, it's not like spewing your hate on Nairaland, it carries jail term.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by seedord247(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2012

5. Have alternative for accommodation, even your brother will disappoint you and blame akata/oyinbo wife.

8. Wash all your Nigeria clothes with their detergent and softener to remove Nigeria Akpu, stock-fish, and beans smell.

9.try to learn to reduce your accent, or else u will drive taxi or sell ice cream proper.

10. Shave off all Nigeria armpit,private hair and wash yourself with their deodorant soap.

Just my advise

Have a great day!

I disagree with the bolded part.

1,If you want to buy drinks from the machine, there's nothing like pop, It;s call COKE and most pple call it COKe so i don't know where you get your own soda and what they mean by soda is all drinks without alcohol.

2. Ashawo is not legalize here in the US, and also, you don pay taxes if you settle with one.

3. There's no way you can change your ascent, What my boss hate most is forming what you are not... Haiti, jamaica, Cuba, mexicans and Ethiopians are always proud to talk in their ascent. Maybe bcus you are brought up in okomaro village and your ascent sound like Giraffe.

35 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2012
you can bribe the police here in nigeria,in america you could be imprisoned for trying to bribe a police officer

2 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2012
Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc. CIA watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.

8 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by CeaserB: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ebamma(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2012
you can beat your child as you like in nigeria,in america you will be in jail if you do that

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by kristofa09(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2012
Gues stella hit d nail here.here's som mre:

-when u spik,try nt to imitate d white.b natural n spik slowly..esp. 4 those job huntin.
-b careful wth akata them!lol.
-dres wel n stick to light cologn..esp 4 men.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ayobase(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2012

Just my advise

Have a great day!

Make I no talk wetin dey my mind so as not to derail my swthrt's thread.
Thumbs Up Lovey!
Ose!
Front page all d way!
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by SkyRider1(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2012
Hi dude,( no offense pls) More on china. My bro is due there in a few days.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc. CIA watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.
are you for real? Or just yapping?
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Cleanman(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247:

1,If you want to buy drinks from the machine, there's nothing like pop, It;s call COKE and most pple call it COKe so i don't know where you get your own soda and what they mean by soda is all drinks without alcohol.

2. Ashawo is not legalize here in the US, and also, you don pay taxes if you settle with one.

3. There's no way you can change your ascent, What my boss hate most is forming what you are not... Haiti, jamaica, Cuba, mexicans and Ethiopians are always proud to talk in their ascent. Maybe bcus you are brought up in okomaro village and your ascent sound like Giraffe.

WTF!!!..dis guy wan make me choke on my egusi soup.

2 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by chucky234(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247:

OP na Johnny just come for UK that's why him dey try flex muscle small.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by seedord247(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2012
chucky234: OP na Johnny just come for UK that's why him dey try flex muscle small.

Abiooooo grin

1 Like

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ayobase(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247:

Dont tell me u dont know what coke is on the street!
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by chucky234(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do not google words like Al-Qaeda, Hydrogen peroxide, Fertilizer etc. CIA watches your browsing cache and will trace your IP, burst you and send you to jail.
Which country you go see all these your ideas cos CIA wey I know for Yankee no go ever trace you say you google fertilizer or hydrogen peroxide,I sure say na Burkina Faso you stop.

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by ayobase(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2012

Implying that we should be careful of what u do on the net....and not that those can really land one in jail?
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2012
Lol...@op, your head dey there.
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by Lordave: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by walexyll(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2012
Do not shout "up nepa" when power is restored on an event of a little power cut..... gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin gringrin

3 Likes

Re: 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. by seedord247(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2012
ayobase:

Dont tell me u dont know what coke is on the street!

We know what it is. So you mean if u go to gas station to buy coke cops will arrest you??

mind you,not all Americans call it pop. Most pple that call it pop are pple from the midwest. (chicago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Motorist Crushes Hoodlum, Colleague While Fighting For Money in Lagos / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) / Gridlock As Diesel-loaded Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Road (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.